Red Hat Solution Architect Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in March 2012.

The interview process was very informal. I did a phone screening, and face-to-face, and then a mock presentation. The technical screening (phone) consisted the usual techie questions. The panel interview was a presentation in front of the sales reps.

Interview Questions
  • The sales reps asked very sales-ey questions that i was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Solution Architect Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat in April 2013.

Had phone interview with marketing guy. Went well. Then never heard back from recruiter as to whether or not the process would move forward. So I called the recruiter back a week later and she told me that they had already made an offer to another candidate! What a waste of my time. The duplicity of HR and recruiters at Red Hat leave a bad taste in my mouth and now I never want to work for them or do business with them. Dishonest company.

Interview Questions
    • not difficult did not matter they had no real intention of offering me the job   View Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Red Hat.

The Red Hat interview process is a slow at first as they take their time to process the resume and shortlist. But once the resume is shortlisted, activity was quite swift with 1-2 updates each week. I had to go through 6-7 rounds of interview (they were more like discussions) and in the process I talked to 6 people from different work groups that my role would need interaction with. All these people gave their inputs to HR who consolidated the data and created a well-rounded profile. It was a mix of telephonic and in-person meetings, not necessarily in Red Hat office premises and the company was helpful in accommodating my prior commitments.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about ideas for my new job profile and my approach towards this role   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was very quick, as pretty much every thing was standard except the actual CTC and role. It lasted 1 week during which both Red Hat and I came to a common position. Their main negotiation plank was my early joining.

Solutions Architect Interview

Initial comms through consultant.
    1 st interview with manager
    Multiple other interviews with future colleagues, consultants.
    Questions ranged from - previous experience, to technical expertise to designing solutions on the fly.
    All things considered, it was quite thorough, and everyone behaved decently, with no one displaying airs.
    There was a lot of solution designing on the fly.

Interview Questions
    • If you were offered this job, under what conditions would you reject it?   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Red Hat.

Knew the people because of prior business with other IT vendors
    Got passed my CV to their boss and they contacted me.
    After 5 interviews I was in.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do/How did you accomplish a growth of 300% on single deals?   Answer Question
    Not much room for netotiation, they will get the best they can offer right away.

Worked for Red Hat? Contribute to the Community!