Red Hat Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Very through interview process in a laid-back environment. Some technical questions and some questions design to demonstrate your ability to handle pressure or overcome an obstacle. There were at least four or five different people that were conducting the interview: one by one. The entire interview took five hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have to work together as a team to meet a goal?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where the project that you were working with was not successful and what did you do get the project to be considered a success.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

- phone interview or personal interview (2-3 people ask questions). - First interview is a technical interview. If the applicant passes the technical interview, he is invited for an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• - questions which try to confirm that applicant understands the concepts of networking and Linux system administration. - questions that verify that an applicant has troubleshooting skills.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

HR interview was great (that might be the first kind-hearted HR I ever met). Technical part however was pretty difficult. They (understandably) expect their support engineers to be more experienced than an average sysadmin. I wasn't that experienced, but I thought I might qualify for a niche. The interviewers were support engineers themselves. They looked like professionals, but sadly they were awful at interviewing. I didn't answer every single question, however they insisted that I think about it even when I explicitly stated that I don't know the answer. That lead to a lot of time wasted, a lot of nervousness on my side and a lot of awkward silence.

Interview Questions

• What's 'chmod 444 /bin/chmod', and what would you do about it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat.

Interview

this is confidential. But do the standard questions from job sites helps in preparing for the interview. this is confidential. But do the standard questions from job sites helps in preparing for the interview.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Just a interview with 3 person normally senior enginners after you are in you can see that they call senior is nothing much a normal person that have the title but still not advance in knowledge a shame

Interview Questions

• Process of boot explain like always whay would you like be in redhat   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in December 2011.

Interview

Nice people but hard questions. Of course this position is demanding but I didn't expect questions at so high level. They asked me about kernel debugging.

Interview Questions

• If you faced kernel panic what shoud you do to explain what happened?   2 Answers