Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Hat
- Software Engineer (17)
- Technical Support Engineer (7)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Consultant (5)
- Senior Consultant (4)
- Inside Sales (4)
- Associate Technical Support Engineer (4)
- Associate Consultant (3)
- Associate Software Engineer (3)
- Solutions Architect (3)
- QA Engineer (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Manager (2)
- Solution Architect (2)
- Senior QA Engineer (2)
- Engineering Manager (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Sales Engineer (2)
- Intern - Hourly (2)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (2)
- Product Manager I (2)
- Middleware Consultant (2)
- Security Response Engineer (1)
- Product Marketing Cloud (1)
- Cloud Engineering (1)
- Cloud Consultant (1)
- Storage Developer (1)
- Pre-Sales Solution Architect (1)
- Jboss Consultant (1)
- Corporate Branding Specialist (1)
Technical Support Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Raleigh, NC) in November 2011.
Very through interview process in a laid-back environment. Some technical questions and some questions design to demonstrate your ability to handle pressure or overcome an obstacle. There were at least four or five different people that were conducting the interview: one by one. The entire interview took five hours.
Other Interview Reviews for Red Hat
Technical Support Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.
Initial phone briefing. Long and detailed assignment to be sent back. Quite tricky and insightful questions about networking, system architecture, filesystem. Plus a test with various customer/support scenario questions. Generally doable bit not easy at all. Further technical phone interview based on the tests above. Finally a skype interview with the hiring manager, mostly about the why you want the job.
- Can the kernel swap to a ramdisk? Answer Question
Technical Support Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat.
- phone interview or personal interview (2-3 people ask questions). - First interview is a technical interview. If the applicant passes the technical interview, he is invited for an interview with HR.
- - questions which try to confirm that applicant understands the concepts of networking and Linux system administration. - questions that verify that an applicant has troubleshooting skills. Answer Question
Technical Support Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Red Hat.
HR interview was great (that might be the first kind-hearted HR I ever met). Technical part however was pretty difficult. They (understandably) expect their support engineers to be more experienced than an average sysadmin. I wasn't that experienced, but I thought I might qualify for a niche. The interviewers were support engineers themselves. They looked like professionals, but sadly they were awful at interviewing. I didn't answer every single question, however they insisted that I think about it even when I explicitly stated that I don't know the answer. That lead to a lot of time wasted, a lot of nervousness on my side and a lot of awkward silence.
- What&#039;s &#039;chmod 444 /bin/chmod&#039;, and what would you do about it? Answer Question
Technical Support Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Red Hat.
this is confidential. But do the standard questions from job sites helps in preparing for the interview. this is confidential. But do the standard questions from job sites helps in preparing for the interview.
Technical Support Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Hat (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2014.
Just a interview with 3 person normally senior enginners after you are in you can see that they call senior is nothing much a normal person that have the title but still not advance in knowledge a shame
- Process of boot explain like always whay would you like be in redhat 1 Answer
Technical Support Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Hat (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in December 2011.
Nice people but hard questions. Of course this position is demanding but I didn't expect questions at so high level. They asked me about kernel debugging.
- If you faced kernel panic what shoud you do to explain what happened? 2 Answers
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review