Red Lion Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Redding, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lion Hotels in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on a Sunday morning. She asked many questions of actual stories from work experiences. The questions was from a form that she filled out along the way. The interview took almost an hour.

Interview Question – The questions weren't too hard, just many of them. The hardest part was coming up with a different answer for every question because a lot of them were similar.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job offer was for full time, yet you have to work any shifts you're given, and the rate of hourly pay is set with no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Elko, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lion Hotels in August 2012.

Interview Details – turned in application to store manager. then human resourse called and i went in for drug test and paper work

Interview Question – There were no technical questions   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lion Hotels in September 2013.

Interview Details – The night manager called me at night time around 8pm asked me if I would interview with him. I interviewed, it was a pretty informal interview but overall good. I believe things went well. He told me he would call me back within two days and let me know.

Interview Question – What's software systems have you used at your previous jobs in hospitality   View Answer

Ticket Service Representative Interview

Ticket Service Representative
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lion Hotels.

Interview Details – I reponded to a Craigslist posting and emailed my resume, about 2 weeks later got a phone call from the Call Center supervisor and scheduled my interview for a few days later. The interview went great the Supervisor and her Supervisor interviewed me with some basic questions about my job experience and history had a few casual questions about what I was looking for and then said I was great and they would call me back by the end of the week. I got a call by the end of the next business day saying I was hired.

Interview Question – If it would be a problem to work with someone who identified as transgender.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Boise, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lion Hotels.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty short. A lot of standard questions like "What did you do when you had a difficult customer?" "Tell me about a time you had to use listening skills." "What did you like most/least about your former job?" "Have you ever had to increase sales numbers?" They will ask you take a drug test, which they will make you take. If you could be driving the shuttle you will need a copy of your driving record.

Interview Question – None. They are all literally your standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. No one even told me what I was going to be paid. But then again I didn't ask either.

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
North Bend, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lion Hotels in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled two days after they called me. I thought it went well. It was rather informal. The office was filled with pictures of cats. My interveiwer was nice. Although I could tell she was busy and had alot on her mind. But she was honest about the postion I was applying for and about the hotel's current condition. She informed me about that during the summer is when there will be the most work, but come winter the hours wil be few and far between, and that I may even get laid-off. Overall it was nice but a little depressing.

Interview Question – Are there any days you are not able to work? And why?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Port Angeles, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lion Hotels in March 2011.

Interview Details – Long online application. Stopped by in person a few days later. Spoke briefly with the HR lady. She called next day to schedule an interview with the GM. She asked a ton of questions, and checked all of my references. Made an offer, as long as background and drug test were clear.

Interview Question – What will your references tell me about you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got 50 cents more than posted pay.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Red Lion Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lion Hotels interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Lion Hotels employees and interview candidates.