Red Lobster Host Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

After aplying online (taking an assessment test), got an e-mail to call to schedule an interview within 48 hours- met with manager of the service dept, and then made a 2nd interview with the restaurant manager.

Interview Questions

• I met with the Manager and was asked questions on how to take care of an upset customer, also why Red Lobster, Availability, why I was looking for a job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Host Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Easy Application, scheduled an interview for next Monday, nailed interview, was told that i'd get a second interview with GM, got an email saying they don't want to hire me anymore, I called and asked what happened and the position was already filled before I was even interviewed.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back within a week/week and a half. (After working there for a while, they have certain times they are allowed to schedule interviews, so don't stress if it's not right away.) If you need to call and check call between 2-4pm which is the slow time. Had an interview the next day of the call. Met with the hiring and training manager. Then with the general manager. Really connected with the GM. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Marion, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I was called and asked to come in for an interview. It was very informal which takes the stress of an interview off. The manager was very nice and it felt more like a conversation. He asked me the normal interview questions such as why are you interested in the job, who would you hire if you were hiring someone here, etc. After all the questions he stated that there would be no issue in getting the job. A little over a week I got a call saying they want to extend the job position to me and I have orientation in a week. Very nice people there!

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, but I did get an email saying i was not hired then the next day he called and said he had hired me and there was a mistake with the emails sent out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Salem, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a close friend that spoke highly of me. At the time of the interview rounds, there were many hosts quitting as well. A week after I applied online, a supervisor set up an interview inside the restaurant for the following day. Shortest interview of my life. I was applying with no experience however. I felt like I answered the questions fine, but did not get a call back. My friend ended up telling me they filled three positions by only hiring one, extremely qualified person.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Vallejo, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and they sent me an email saying that I should call to schedule an interview. I did and interviewed with one of the managers, then she set up an interview with the general manager the next day. After my interview with him, I was offered the job that night.

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Red Lobster (Oxnard, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I got to the interview 10 minutes early to make sure I'd be on time, the host led me to a table and gave me the tip "smile a lot". I waited at the table for the interviewing manager for about 10/15 min which was kind of annoying.

The woman interviewing me was exceptionally nice, making me feel at ease and making it easier to forget about the long wait. Her questions weren't typical "tell me about yourself, or what are strengths/weaknesses". She went on to give me several senarios on what goes on in the restaurant and I had to answer on how I would react and what I would do.

A fairly simple process, relaxed and very professional. But beware, if it is busy the interview will take a long time, because if you pass the first part she will want to give you a personality test, which is 170 quesitons, all easy but you feel it is kind of a waste.

Just remember to smile :)

Interview Questions

• Why Red Lobster?   Answer Question
    • Say it's Friday night and there is a 20 minute wait to be seated at a table, how would you make sure all the customers were satisfied while waiting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2010.

Interview

You fill out the application on a specific day. They will tell you when to come back and at that time you can take a personality/cognitive skill, that is basically composed of figuring out work-schedules and that sort of thing.

Interview Questions

• If there is nothing for you to do at a specific time during your day what would you do to keep yourself busy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was at the second interview. The first interview is with the specific department manager, the second is with the restaurant manager, at that one they tell you how much you want and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copiague, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Red Lobster (Copiague, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

FIlled out application. Interview with proprietor. Interview with Host/Hostess manager. Personality/IQ/Skills test. Overview of company expectations and dress attire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to tell them that I had a future vacation planned and they worked it out with me and gave me work off the days I needed in advanced.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

The application was simple. Go online and answer basic application questions. I got an email from Darden within two days saying to called the manager and set up an interview. The interview was very relaxed. I sat in a booth in the back of a restaurant and the GM asked questions mainly about my personality. It was more of a conversation than an interview, which really helps ease the nerves. I was told I would receive a call the next day from him.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with being a host during an unexpected crowd?   Answer Question