Red Lobster

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marion, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was called and asked to come in for an interview. It was very informal which takes the stress of an interview off. The manager was very nice and it felt more like a conversation. He asked me the normal interview questions such as why are you interested in the job, who would you hire if you were hiring someone here, etc. After all the questions he stated that there would be no issue in getting the job. A little over a week I got a call saying they want to extend the job position to me and I have orientation in a week. Very nice people there!

Interview Question – There was no difficult question, but I did get an email saying i was not hired then the next day he called and said he had hired me and there was a mistake with the emails sent out.   Answer Question

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was referred by a close friend that spoke highly of me. At the time of the interview rounds, there were many hosts quitting as well. A week after I applied online, a supervisor set up an interview inside the restaurant for the following day. Shortest interview of my life. I was applying with no experience however. I felt like I answered the questions fine, but did not get a call back. My friend ended up telling me they filled three positions by only hiring one, extremely qualified person.

Interview Question – What does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in April 2010.

Interview Details – You fill out the application on a specific day. They will tell you when to come back and at that time you can take a personality/cognitive skill, that is basically composed of figuring out work-schedules and that sort of thing.

Interview Question – If there is nothing for you to do at a specific time during your day what would you do to keep yourself busy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was at the second interview. The first interview is with the specific department manager, the second is with the restaurant manager, at that one they tell you how much you want and such.

Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster in November 2010.

Interview Details – I got to the interview 10 minutes early to make sure I'd be on time, the host led me to a table and gave me the tip "smile a lot". I waited at the table for the interviewing manager for about 10/15 min which was kind of annoying.

The woman interviewing me was exceptionally nice, making me feel at ease and making it easier to forget about the long wait. Her questions weren't typical "tell me about yourself, or what are strengths/weaknesses". She went on to give me several senarios on what goes on in the restaurant and I had to answer on how I would react and what I would do.

A fairly simple process, relaxed and very professional. But beware, if it is busy the interview will take a long time, because if you pass the first part she will want to give you a personality test, which is 170 quesitons, all easy but you feel it is kind of a waste.

Just remember to smile :)

Interview Questions

• Why Red Lobster?   Answer Question
  • Say it's Friday night and there is a 20 minute wait to be seated at a table, how would you make sure all the customers were satisfied while waiting?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Copiague, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2010.

Interview Details – FIlled out application. Interview with proprietor. Interview with Host/Hostess manager. Personality/IQ/Skills test. Overview of company expectations and dress attire.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Red Lobster?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to tell them that I had a future vacation planned and they worked it out with me and gave me work off the days I needed in advanced.

Host

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – The application was simple. Go online and answer basic application questions. I got an email from Darden within two days saying to called the manager and set up an interview. The interview was very relaxed. I sat in a booth in the back of a restaurant and the GM asked questions mainly about my personality. It was more of a conversation than an interview, which really helps ease the nerves. I was told I would receive a call the next day from him.

Interview Question – How would you deal with being a host during an unexpected crowd?   Answer Question

Host

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2010.

Interview Details – First, when you turn in an application, go between the hours of 2pm-4pm on Monday-Thursday. This is when the lunch hour is over and before the dinner begins. Be very friendly to everyone you come into contact with. And smile!
That same night I received a phone to come in for an interview the next day. The manager was very nice and made me feel comfortable, not nervous. We sat at a table in the back of the restaurant. I was asked about 10 questions. These question were about costumer service, previous employment job description, and general question about yourself.
After this they will send you on your way and call back if they're interested in hiring you.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you gave excellent costumer service.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lobster Host interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Lobster employees and interview candidates.