Red Lobster

2.0

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in December 2014.

Applied online. Got an email a few days later asking that I call to schedule an interview. The interview was quite simple. Asked about availability and why red lobster and also the regular questions about past experience and what if situations. Got asked to come back for a second interview, that lasted maybe 15 mins. Offered job that same day

Interview Questions
Wasn't able to negotiate but starting at $9.50 for a host isn't bad.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Got email one day after I applied online, went in and had an interview, was hired two days later. The managers were all very nice and very easy to talk to.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online and got a call shotly after to set up an interview. First interview was good, the questions were fairly easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, he told me he had other interviews and that he would call me and let me know if they were still interested. About a week later I got called in for a secound interview with the gm. The interview was litterly less than 10 minutes and she said she would give me a call within the week and that there was one more person other than me that they were looking at for the job. I got a call a couple days later and I was told that they gave the position to the other person.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      If you were the one hiring what would you look for?
      What is your favorite food here?
      Are you responsible?
      When are you available?
      If you are sitting a costumer at a booth and they want a table what do you do?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2014.

I applied online from a Craigslist ad and got a call in 3 days. I scheduled and interview and the interview was great, real professional and simple. I made the manager laugh. After a few questions and confirmation of my schedule I was sure I had the job, but I was wrong. At the end of the interview she told me she would have the GM contact me the next day for the second interview, yet a week later I received an email saying they were sorry they couldn't accept my offer. The company led me on and I didn't like the way they carried the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

I had my first interview today with a service manager. The interview took about 30 minutes and was fairly simple! He had a piece of paper which had the questions he was asking me on it and the highest rating was 7 which is what I got on every answer. The questions were centered mostly around what I could bring to the company, and some school questions because I don't yet have work experience (such as favorite subject, what would I do in a situation if a person wasn't really doing there fair share of work, etc). He also went over stuff about the job like how many times a week I would work, so that took some time. He also sort of talked about their expectations for workers, and its important that you can be up on your toes, and know how to explain why you can do that.

Interview Questions
    • He asked why/how I could stay up on my toes and I didn't really know how to explain it.   View Answer
    Moving onto the second interview.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Basically they just ask normal and easy interview questions, they use to give you the test in the restaurant but now you take it online with your application, and then they will either hire you on the spot or talk to the GM and you will get a call back usually no more than a day later.

There is no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

never got back to me and wasted time out of my life filling out that long application

Interview Questions
    • they never got back to me and i called them every few days to see if they even looked at my application   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

I applied online, received an email two days later to call to schedule an interview. I did so and was offered the position on the spot. It took me less then a week to be hired.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

3 Interviews with the 3 main managers of the location

Interview Questions
    • The question was based on how I would handle unruly guests that are waiting for a table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in January 2014.

This is my first job and I am currently 17 and still in high school. I applied online and got an email the next day telling me to call and schedule an interview. I asked for a manager and then the manager told me to call back on Friday and ask for another manager. I did so and then that manager told me that ANOTHER manager would call me back to schedule an interview. It was just a weird thing but a manager ended up calling me a couple days later and scheduling and interview.
    The day I came in, there were actually a lot of other people interviewing. I waited for about 10-15 mins for the interview before me to finish before I went in. The manager came out and I automatically stood up, put my phone away, and shook his hand. Then he led me to one of the booths to start the interview. Remember to wait for the interviewer to invite you to sit down by the way.
    As for the interview itself, it was all just basic questions. Just stay calm and be outgoing. I made my interviewer laugh a lot so that helped. The manager was telling me how they don't always have positions open but they like to get applications and find out about the people applying. He also told me how they don't really get a lot of people coming in with no experience and I took that as a chance to tell him that although I don't have any experience, I do have experience doing things that a hostess would do. I think that really helped my cause so if you have no experience, think of things that a hostess or whatever job you're applying to would do that you have done before and use that to your advantage. For example, I do a lot of volunteering and I throw a lot of family parties so I told him that I have done various tasks like showing people to their seats, handing people programs or invitations, making sure everyone feels comfortable, etc. Oh and also, when he asked if I had any questions, I asked if I did get the job, would there be anything I could take home and study so I could come in and be ready. I think that really showed him how much I wanted the job and how dedicated I would be to it.
    After the interview, he told me that there were a few hostess positions open and said to let him finish the rest of his interviews and then he'd call me on Monday, which was 3 days later. False information though, he actually called me the following Tuesday. Either way, he told me that they were gonna go ahead and offer me the position and that I'd start training in 2 weeks because he was gonna go on vacation until then.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel welcome?   View Answer