Red Lobster Hostess Interview Questions

2.0

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2014.

I applied online from a Craigslist ad and got a call in 3 days. I scheduled and interview and the interview was great, real professional and simple. I made the manager laugh. After a few questions and confirmation of my schedule I was sure I had the job, but I was wrong. At the end of the interview she told me she would have the GM contact me the next day for the second interview, yet a week later I received an email saying they were sorry they couldn't accept my offer. The company led me on and I didn't like the way they carried the situation.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

I had my first interview today with a service manager. The interview took about 30 minutes and was fairly simple! He had a piece of paper which had the questions he was asking me on it and the highest rating was 7 which is what I got on every answer. The questions were centered mostly around what I could bring to the company, and some school questions because I don't yet have work experience (such as favorite subject, what would I do in a situation if a person wasn't really doing there fair share of work, etc). He also went over stuff about the job like how many times a week I would work, so that took some time. He also sort of talked about their expectations for workers, and its important that you can be up on your toes, and know how to explain why you can do that.

Interview Questions
    • He asked why/how I could stay up on my toes and I didn't really know how to explain it.   View Answer
    Moving onto the second interview.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Basically they just ask normal and easy interview questions, they use to give you the test in the restaurant but now you take it online with your application, and then they will either hire you on the spot or talk to the GM and you will get a call back usually no more than a day later.

There is no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

never got back to me and wasted time out of my life filling out that long application

Interview Questions
    • they never got back to me and i called them every few days to see if they even looked at my application   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

I applied online, received an email two days later to call to schedule an interview. I did so and was offered the position on the spot. It took me less then a week to be hired.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

3 Interviews with the 3 main managers of the location

Interview Questions
    • The question was based on how I would handle unruly guests that are waiting for a table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in January 2014.

This is my first job and I am currently 17 and still in high school. I applied online and got an email the next day telling me to call and schedule an interview. I asked for a manager and then the manager told me to call back on Friday and ask for another manager. I did so and then that manager told me that ANOTHER manager would call me back to schedule an interview. It was just a weird thing but a manager ended up calling me a couple days later and scheduling and interview.
    The day I came in, there were actually a lot of other people interviewing. I waited for about 10-15 mins for the interview before me to finish before I went in. The manager came out and I automatically stood up, put my phone away, and shook his hand. Then he led me to one of the booths to start the interview. Remember to wait for the interviewer to invite you to sit down by the way.
    As for the interview itself, it was all just basic questions. Just stay calm and be outgoing. I made my interviewer laugh a lot so that helped. The manager was telling me how they don't always have positions open but they like to get applications and find out about the people applying. He also told me how they don't really get a lot of people coming in with no experience and I took that as a chance to tell him that although I don't have any experience, I do have experience doing things that a hostess would do. I think that really helped my cause so if you have no experience, think of things that a hostess or whatever job you're applying to would do that you have done before and use that to your advantage. For example, I do a lot of volunteering and I throw a lot of family parties so I told him that I have done various tasks like showing people to their seats, handing people programs or invitations, making sure everyone feels comfortable, etc. Oh and also, when he asked if I had any questions, I asked if I did get the job, would there be anything I could take home and study so I could come in and be ready. I think that really showed him how much I wanted the job and how dedicated I would be to it.
    After the interview, he told me that there were a few hostess positions open and said to let him finish the rest of his interviews and then he'd call me on Monday, which was 3 days later. False information though, he actually called me the following Tuesday. Either way, he told me that they were gonna go ahead and offer me the position and that I'd start training in 2 weeks because he was gonna go on vacation until then.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel welcome?   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Fairly easy, applied online and called for an interview a couple weeks later.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2013.

The interview went great. When you first go in, reach your hand first to give them a firm handshake and introduce yourself. My interviewers literally said "wow!" when I did that, I guess they didn't expect it! Maintain eye contact, do not twiddle your thumbs or say "like" when answering the questions they ask. I had them both laughing when we first sat down. First impressions are DEFINITELY the key!! Questions were fairly easy. . I got hired on my first interview, which apparently is rare. My friend works there and said they loved me. Don't tell them what you think they want to hear, tell them how you would take care of a guest who is yelling and complaining, and many more scenarios. The truth goes so much farther than you'd think. Good luck to future applicants!!!

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the exact question but it was somewhere along the lines of "How do you see yourself as an employee and working with others?"   View Answer
    Both interviewers asked why I was leaving my now previous employer. I just told them I have responsibilities to pay for that my previous employer couldn't help me with and they both said "I've been there done that. Don't worry, we're going to help you as much as we can."

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in April 2013.

After you complete your online application, if you are selected, they will send you an email asking you to schedule an interview within 48 hours. The first interview was easy, they just ask basic questions with scenarios, etc. The second one is with the GM, and it is basically the same thing except I was also asked to describe my favorite food in detail and a few other questions. You get hired on your second interview, so if they say they will call you, that means they will not call you and you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • describe your favorite food in detail was the hardest question because I couldn't choose what food was my favorite. I went with tacos.   Answer Question
    Nothing's really negotiable, the pay was alright for a part time restaurant job.