Red Lobster Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Placed resume online from job site on Friday. Was called the next day to come to open interviews on Sunday. Filled out all required paperwork, then waited for almost an hour to have a face to face interview with a manager. At least 4 people skipped over me until a final interview with the Area Director interviewed me. He asked me all but 3 questions, then offered me the position. I started 2 weeks later, and had another 2 week training with 250 other employees, prior to the Grand Opening.

Interview Questions

• He asked what was the MOST important asset I possessed in order be in guest services?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

The managers were super nice, I met with two of them. There was two interviews and both were moderately easy. I got the job on the spot during the second interview and then had training the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oro Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Oro Valley, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an interview within 3 days of applying online (no prior experience). The interview was easy and the lady interviewing was very sweet and gave tips and reassured I was doing a good job. She offered me a drink and asked typical questions that were on a paper and checked off when I would say basic answers and wrote a summary when I'd say unique answers. She then set me up for an interview the next day with the general manager. When I went to that interview, the general manager was just as nice. He offered me water and he had coffee and asked several "scenerio" questions. He then left for a moment and came back and told me I was hired and we discussed pay and uniforms.

Interview Questions

• What is good hospitality?   Answer Question
    • What are characteristics you would look for in a hostess if you were interviewing them?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a guest didn't like the table you offered them first?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a "regular" guest wanted to sit at their normal table but there are people seated at it already?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Visalia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later received an email about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy and it was more of a conversation than anything else. She told me everything about the job and said she would call in 2 days. I was sure I would receive a phone call offering me the job but I didn't :( Be sure to dress nicely and act motivated. She said she was looking for someone motivated, friendly, and just someone who wants to come to work without any problems. I told her that was me but she probably found someone better. She was interviewing literally back to back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Memphis, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process went well. I got an email after three or so weeks of applying, and I called the number to set up an interview. The first interview was with the shift manager. He was really laid back, and super enjoyable to talk to. He immediately set me up for a second interview with the general manager. The second interview was the harder of the two, with the deeper questions that required fast thinking and intellectual skills. That was Thursday, and she told me she'd call Monday. I am awaiting the call.

Hostess Interview

Interview

I called a few times before the hiring manager was ever there to pick up the phone. Then once I got there I told them I was there for an interview, and I waited until they where ready. I dressed to impress. We went over to a table and started the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview 3+ weeks later. I arrived early and was told to call a number before I arrived so I could be let in through a side door but no answer. I asked the maintenance guy if he could let me in and thankfully he did and even called the manager for me as this restaurant is very big. I waited for about 10 minutes and the manager arrived with what looked like index cards. As I was sitting in the booth I realized he was scoring my answers. He explained what they were looking for and a little bit about Red Lobster. He asked me about my employment history my availability and then came the interview questions (about 4 questions). All in all the interview went along nicely. The next morning I received the dreaded email "Thank you for your interest" blah blah blah. The interview wasn't difficult but I guess I just wasn't the right fit for the restaurant, or I didn't sell myself enough. Off to the next interview. :)

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in April 2015.

Interview

I had a lot of fun talking to the Interviewer. I asked her if there was any doubts about the interview and she said that I did excellent but I was never called back in.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself? How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spotsylvania, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Spotsylvania, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The manager took me to the back, we sat at a table and he asked me basic questions such as if I worked in a restaurant before, if I had any visible tattoos, and why I wanted to work for their company. He then proceeded to ask if I had any questions about the job. Then we were done, very quick but informative.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for this company? Q: Do you have any visible tattoos? Q: Do you have reliable transportation to get to work? Q: How far do you live from restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was nice, sit down and talked before interview started. Basic question that are easy to answer if you had some practice. They make you feel comfortable, and i talked with some hostesses already working, and they reassured me that i would get the job. I prepared before and it helped a lots.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you? How much are you expecting to make a week? Why red lobster?   Answer Question