Red Lobster Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Hostess Interview

Interview

I called a few times before the hiring manager was ever there to pick up the phone. Then once I got there I told them I was there for an interview, and I waited until they where ready. I dressed to impress. We went over to a table and started the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple process. I was say down in the dining room, asked a few simple questions and was passed onto the next manager for second interview which was very similar to the first.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is hospitality to you?
      How would you handle a dispute between you and/or a customer?
      What is service to you?

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was nice, sit down and talked before interview started. Basic question that are easy to answer if you had some practice. They make you feel comfortable, and i talked with some hostesses already working, and they reassured me that i would get the job. I prepared before and it helped a lots.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?
      How much are you expecting to make a week?
      Why red lobster?

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Oakdale, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email a few days later asking that I call to schedule an interview. The interview was quite simple. Asked about availability and why red lobster and also the regular questions about past experience and what if situations. Got asked to come back for a second interview, that lasted maybe 15 mins. Offered job that same day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate but starting at $9.50 for a host isn't bad.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Got email one day after I applied online, went in and had an interview, was hired two days later. The managers were all very nice and very easy to talk to.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I applied online and got a call shotly after to set up an interview. First interview was good, the questions were fairly easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, he told me he had other interviews and that he would call me and let me know if they were still interested. About a week later I got called in for a secound interview with the gm. The interview was litterly less than 10 minutes and she said she would give me a call within the week and that there was one more person other than me that they were looking at for the job. I got a call a couple days later and I was told that they gave the position to the other person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      If you were the one hiring what would you look for?
      What is your favorite food here?
      Are you responsible?
      When are you available?
      If you are sitting a costumer at a booth and they want a table what do you do?

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster (Richmond, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online from a Craigslist ad and got a call in 3 days. I scheduled and interview and the interview was great, real professional and simple. I made the manager laugh. After a few questions and confirmation of my schedule I was sure I had the job, but I was wrong. At the end of the interview she told me she would have the GM contact me the next day for the second interview, yet a week later I received an email saying they were sorry they couldn't accept my offer. The company led me on and I didn't like the way they carried the situation.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring the Company?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Chesterfield, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

I had my first interview today with a service manager. The interview took about 30 minutes and was fairly simple! He had a piece of paper which had the questions he was asking me on it and the highest rating was 7 which is what I got on every answer. The questions were centered mostly around what I could bring to the company, and some school questions because I don't yet have work experience (such as favorite subject, what would I do in a situation if a person wasn't really doing there fair share of work, etc). He also went over stuff about the job like how many times a week I would work, so that took some time. He also sort of talked about their expectations for workers, and its important that you can be up on your toes, and know how to explain why you can do that.

Interview Questions

• He asked why/how I could stay up on my toes and I didn't really know how to explain it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Moving onto the second interview.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Basically they just ask normal and easy interview questions, they use to give you the test in the restaurant but now you take it online with your application, and then they will either hire you on the spot or talk to the GM and you will get a call back usually no more than a day later.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

never got back to me and wasted time out of my life filling out that long application

Interview Questions

• they never got back to me and i called them every few days to see if they even looked at my application   Answer Question