Red Lobster Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.0

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in March 2015.

Very simple process. I was say down in the dining room, asked a few simple questions and was passed onto the next manager for second interview which was very similar to the first.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself.
    What is hospitality to you?
    How would you handle a dispute between you and/or a customer?
    What is service to you?

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in March 2015.

It was nice, sit down and talked before interview started. Basic question that are easy to answer if you had some practice. They make you feel comfortable, and i talked with some hostesses already working, and they reassured me that i would get the job. I prepared before and it helped a lots.

Interview Questions
    • What does hospitality mean to you?
      How much are you expecting to make a week?
      Why red lobster?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in December 2014.

Applied online. Got an email a few days later asking that I call to schedule an interview. The interview was quite simple. Asked about availability and why red lobster and also the regular questions about past experience and what if situations. Got asked to come back for a second interview, that lasted maybe 15 mins. Offered job that same day

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate but starting at $9.50 for a host isn't bad.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Got email one day after I applied online, went in and had an interview, was hired two days later. The managers were all very nice and very easy to talk to.

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online and got a call shotly after to set up an interview. First interview was good, the questions were fairly easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, he told me he had other interviews and that he would call me and let me know if they were still interested. About a week later I got called in for a secound interview with the gm. The interview was litterly less than 10 minutes and she said she would give me a call within the week and that there was one more person other than me that they were looking at for the job. I got a call a couple days later and I was told that they gave the position to the other person.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      If you were the one hiring what would you look for?
      What is your favorite food here?
      Are you responsible?
      When are you available?
      If you are sitting a costumer at a booth and they want a table what do you do?

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2014.

I applied online from a Craigslist ad and got a call in 3 days. I scheduled and interview and the interview was great, real professional and simple. I made the manager laugh. After a few questions and confirmation of my schedule I was sure I had the job, but I was wrong. At the end of the interview she told me she would have the GM contact me the next day for the second interview, yet a week later I received an email saying they were sorry they couldn't accept my offer. The company led me on and I didn't like the way they carried the situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

I had my first interview today with a service manager. The interview took about 30 minutes and was fairly simple! He had a piece of paper which had the questions he was asking me on it and the highest rating was 7 which is what I got on every answer. The questions were centered mostly around what I could bring to the company, and some school questions because I don't yet have work experience (such as favorite subject, what would I do in a situation if a person wasn't really doing there fair share of work, etc). He also went over stuff about the job like how many times a week I would work, so that took some time. He also sort of talked about their expectations for workers, and its important that you can be up on your toes, and know how to explain why you can do that.

Interview Questions
    • He asked why/how I could stay up on my toes and I didn't really know how to explain it.   View Answer
    Moving onto the second interview.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Basically they just ask normal and easy interview questions, they use to give you the test in the restaurant but now you take it online with your application, and then they will either hire you on the spot or talk to the GM and you will get a call back usually no more than a day later.

There is no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

never got back to me and wasted time out of my life filling out that long application

Interview Questions
    • they never got back to me and i called them every few days to see if they even looked at my application   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

I applied online, received an email two days later to call to schedule an interview. I did so and was offered the position on the spot. It took me less then a week to be hired.