Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.3

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Lobster.

2 interviews same day. Both managers were very nice and represented the company well. I got hired that day and came to work a few days later for my first day. Training process was not great and it took a long time. I had to take charge of my training. Trainers were more interested in gossiping then training.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2014.

I applied online from a Craigslist ad and got a call in 3 days. I scheduled and interview and the interview was great, real professional and simple. I made the manager laugh. After a few questions and confirmation of my schedule I was sure I had the job, but I was wrong. At the end of the interview she told me she would have the GM contact me the next day for the second interview, yet a week later I received an email saying they were sorry they couldn't accept my offer. The company led me on and I didn't like the way they carried the situation.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in September 2014.

I applied online and got an emai the very same day I applied to call and speak with a manager to set up an interview. So I did. 2 days later I went to my interview and everything was fine, the manager seemed to like me and decided to set me up for a second interview and I went for my 2nd interview 3 days later. That manager seemed to like me very well, the interview went really well! afterwards she mentioned i would get an email about the job. Its been 3 weeks and so far nothing. I called to see if they were still in the decision process but the manager seemed like she barley wanted to talk like she was rushed.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

First you must fill out the online application. It is a long application with a personality test at the end. Once the managers have decided that you would be a fit you are called in for a first interview. After your first interview you meet with the general manager. If he approves, you are then hired.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was, "Do you have any felonies?". After your no response the manager then asks you, "Why not?"   Answer Question

Hostess/Server/SA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trussville, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

I wrote my interview process about a day ago this is just the follow up which I said I would post after my second interview. I got the job :). I am starting as a SA being that I'm not 21 yet I can't be a server but the GM said that he will go ahead and have me cross train since my birthday is coming up soon. The GM is very energetic and friendly and I can't wait to start!!

I was fine with everything

Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

I applied online on 7/28 and got an email the next day asking me to call and ask for a manager to set up an interview. I went to the first interview on 8/4 and it lasted about 5-10 minutes with the usual questions; What made you want to apply for Red Lobster? What is your availability? and What makes you a good candidate?. I was positive I wouldn't get a call back since the interview was so short and since I usually get so nervous during interviews, but the assistant manager that I met with was so friendly and comfortable. I didn't hear anything back for a week and then I got a call back. I had my second interview on 8/20 with the general manager and was with her for about 45 minutes. The general manager was really nice and we even joked around a bit. She asked me examples of when I treated a guest with respect and how I have gone out of my way to make a guest happy and what makes me a good employee and then asked me what makes me a great employee, which almost threw me off. She also asked me about school and my family and introduced me to the district manager who seemed to like me. I again didn't expect to hear anything back, but the next day I was offered the job. The process took a while because my current work schedule and the general manager was out of town.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me first "what makes you a good employee" then asked " what makes you a great employee."   View Answer

Host/Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

I applied online to Olive Garden and Red Lobster, about 2 weeks later I receive the email that Red lobster wants to meet with me. So I called and talked to the woman assistant manager. she was pleasant on the phone, we scheduled it for a Tuesday that next week. I come in and she's interviewing someone so I wait in the lobby, and strike up a conversation with the present host, who was very nice. So then the interview comes. She was very proper, and formal, and she sat me down and then went to the back and returned a good 20 minutes later. Setting the mood for the horrors to come. Firstly what really annoyed me was how I felt rushed and she didn't even look at my application and had to flip through dozens of papers and getting things wrong about me because she was so rushed and frustrated I honestly felt so belittled It made me furious and want to walk out, out. The first question . Why red lobster? I didn't know what to say so I answered it was always so welcoming? It became a very awkward interview. At the end she emphasized on how many people applied and if I should hear back (spoiler) I won't ...they'll let me know. She had a clip board filled with questions, and then what I saw on the bottom was a rating scale. I dressed fairly business casual with khakis and button down. Overall, it was rushed I would never apply at this Location again and how I was belittled. the questions weren't hard, it was just an awkward experience which probably led to the email "at this time we regretfully,,," this was my first interview for a job too, so theirs a first for everything, and I will definitely not be applying again and was kind of relieved that I didn't have to go for a second interview because red lobster wasn't my first choice and after how belittled I was They will not be getting my business anytime soon :)

Interview Questions
    • Why red lobster? Sounds stupid but I really didn't know. Haha, I felt like saying I loved it so much would be such a lie, so I just talked about how welcoming they were and how it was like a family.   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation when you had to deal with an unruly customer? Seeing that I'm a student it was difficult to put into perspective.   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

I did an online application and a few hours later I called the store and asked how quickly they were hiring and that I just applied. They asked for my name and info and instantly set up and interview just 3 days later. I went to the interview and in less than 10 minuets was hired on the spot!

Host/Hostess Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. I applied online for a position as a hostess. I went to the restaurant in-person to ask if they were hiring, and the hostess was very adamant that, if the company wanted me, they'd send me an email to set up an interview. I thought for sure that that would be the end of it (because I have no restaurant experience), but a few days later I got an email that they wanted to meet with me. I called and we set up an interview. I went in and was seated in the restaurant and told to read a little pamphlet about the dress code and expectations for the position I applied for. Then I met with my interviewer, who was very pleasant and professional. She asked me standard, basic interview questions, and at the end she said that she wanted to set up a second interview for the next day. When I went back the next day, the man who interviewed me for my second interview was also very pleasant and conversational. Some of the questions were a little more tricky, but I just tried to stay as friendly and honest as possible. At the end of that interview, he said he'd like to "take me on board" and to come in the next week for orientation. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and everyone was very kind throughout the whole process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hermitage, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in August 2014.

The entire process took about a month and some change. I applied online and called for a follow up a week later. They said it was a slow period and they'd call when they were reviewing applications. About a month later I got an email that said to call and ask for a manager to set up an interview. I called and we agreed on Friday (3 days later). The entire interview lasted about 30min. I started interviewing with the Floor Manager and later another manager joined. I ended up getting hired right on the spot.