Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.2

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

In person in restaurant with GM and Regional Manager. Very conversational and relaxed. Discussed how to handle customer service situations, employee issues and maintaining positive environments. Also discussed regional goals and how I would contribute to the overall success of the restaurant.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Online application, In person interview, personality test, orientation, training, follow server for a few shifts, menu test, evaluation by a manager, start serving shifts independently with one-two tables for a week or two depending on experience, run your own station.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Fairly easy, if the manager likes you , you're pretty much set. Make sure to smile a lot, be friendly as it's a front of the house job. Also multi-tasking skills. They do seem to prefer younger applicants for hosting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with angry or upset customer, how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Tifton, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online (8/11/15). The process took 2 weeks. I got an email a week after applying stating to call to set up an interview (8/18/15). On the first interview, the B&H manager asked regular interview questions, nothing too hard. Afterwards, he said wait three days until he and the gm could dicuss all qualified applicants. I recieved a call to come in that next day (Friday) for a second interview. The gm asked basic scenario questions this time then offered me a job.

Alley Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Bay City, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

i was interviewed by the back of the house hiring manager. she was very professional amd very nice. i have enjoyed working here and i hope that i am employed here for many more years to come and hope to advence on up through the company

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I then received an email three days later to schedule an interview. Went in that Monday for an interview with the front manager. She asked me to come in that Wednesday for an interview with the general manager. She interviewed me and then offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Went in for 1st interview with culinary manager then 2nd interview with general manager. Took about 2 weeks total and then went for orientation. interview was quick and asked basic interview questions.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process for Red Lobster is fairly simple (at least is was when I interviewed for the company almost eight years ago. Basically the first part of the interview is with the Service Manager. If you make it past the first interview, you move on to interview with the stores General Manager. Get past that interview and you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with an impolite guest. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Placed resume online from job site on Friday. Was called the next day to come to open interviews on Sunday. Filled out all required paperwork, then waited for almost an hour to have a face to face interview with a manager. At least 4 people skipped over me until a final interview with the Area Director interviewed me. He asked me all but 3 questions, then offered me the position. I started 2 weeks later, and had another 2 week training with 250 other employees, prior to the Grand Opening.

Interview Questions

• He asked what was the MOST important asset I possessed in order be in guest services?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

The interview is very straight forward. They do research before hand with the information you submitted online. First there is a phone interview to see if you are a good fit and to get some basic information. Then they schedule a formal interview. In the formal interview the interviewee was very personable. The meeting involve a standard questionnaire and then followed with the one on one interview. It was pleasant and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a specific situation where I made a mistake and how I corrected it.   Answer Question