Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Hostess Interview

Interview

I called a few times before the hiring manager was ever there to pick up the phone. Then once I got there I told them I was there for an interview, and I waited until they where ready. I dressed to impress. We went over to a table and started the interview process.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Short and sweet, they really needed cooks during this time. I could tell because they were already thinking of where I could be working at already. It was a little harder to meet with the GM but I eventually did. I was a little intimidated, but all was well.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: do you have any experience, are you comfortable cooking, are you in school, etc.   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I got an email (not a phone call) to call and set up an interview. I went in and first interviewed with the front of house manager and then I had an interview with the General Manager. It lasted a total of maybe an hour or so and they didn't ask many difficult questions. They mostly just asked about my experience and what I believe is team work and whatnot.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Easy Application, scheduled an interview for next Monday, nailed interview, was told that i'd get a second interview with GM, got an email saying they don't want to hire me anymore, I called and asked what happened and the position was already filled before I was even interviewed.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple process. I was say down in the dining room, asked a few simple questions and was passed onto the next manager for second interview which was very similar to the first.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is hospitality to you?
      How would you handle a dispute between you and/or a customer?
      What is service to you?

Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Lobster (Independence, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent resume to two locations and got a call the next day from the first one. The manager Sid she was looking at my resume and was very interested and she was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is great hospitality?   1 Answer
    • What is the most important thing about a restaurant?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was nice, sit down and talked before interview started. Basic question that are easy to answer if you had some practice. They make you feel comfortable, and i talked with some hostesses already working, and they reassured me that i would get the job. I prepared before and it helped a lots.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?
      How much are you expecting to make a week?
      Why red lobster?

Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

It was concise and straight to the point. Asked the hard hitting questions and allowed me time to ask my own questions to get a better feel for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was my weakest skill and what plan do I have in place to develop that skill.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Showed up, said "Hey I want to be a line cook." They were all "K... see you tonight on the line."

It wasn't an interview per se. This is an hourly line cook position. I'm really just filling this out so I can see other reviews on this silly website. There's really not much else to say. I mean... it's Red Lobster, people. What do you expect? A 20 page online survey followed by a series of web interviews to narrow down the best candidate?

Negotiation

So good

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I applied online, got an email a day or so later asking me to call the store to set up an interview time. I did so, and set up an interview for the week later on a Wednesday. Things got a bit confusing at this point, as I then learned the day later that I was available to work the Wednesday previous (which was the initial time they asked me to come in), and so I called them back and changed the interview time to happen sooner. Only then to get a call the day of asking if we could, in fact, schedule it back to the previous date. A bit disappointing, because I wanted to get the interview done as soon as possible, but I told them it was no problem.

I suppose I should note that before this I've never had any serving experience. However I did have 1 1/2 or so years of experience working in food/customer service, 6 months of that being as an assistant manager for a company. I emphasized on it, and I could tell during the interviews that that helped me out a lot.

Fast-forward to that Wednesday, I came in 5-10 minutes early, got seated to wait for the interviewer and had a nice friendly chat with the hostess and some of the server's running around to keep up my positive attitude. After about 5-10 minutes the interview came up to me, I shook his hand and he sat me down. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes, and about 10 minutes of that was really because I kept asking him questions at the 'Do you have any questions for me?' part. From there he excused himself for just a moment and went into the back to do something and I was left at the table for a few minutes. After he came back, he immediately asked me if I wanted to set up a second interview with the GM the day next and I accepted. I found out later that the time period that he was in the back he called the GM from my previous job to get a reference. Everything went well, clearly.

The next day I came in time for the interview, waited a good 15-20 minutes for the GM. It was a bit nerve-wracking but things were relatively busy in the restaurant so I understood. She finally came to grab me for our interview and I had a pleasant conversation with her. It didn't last as long as the former interview but I had a nice time and a good feeling that it went well. Before I left she told me to call back the next day at around 11:30 am to see if I got the position, given that she still had one interview to hold after she was finished with me. I did exactly as she said, called back at precisely 11:30 and got the job!

Interview Questions

• Describe a normal day at your previous job.
      What were the circumstances that led you to leave your last job?
      Describe a situation where you had to handle an unruly customer.
      What would you do to make a customer's dining experience particularly memorable?

1 Answer