Red Lobster

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in December 2014.

Applied online. Got an email a few days later asking that I call to schedule an interview. The interview was quite simple. Asked about availability and why red lobster and also the regular questions about past experience and what if situations. Got asked to come back for a second interview, that lasted maybe 15 mins. Offered job that same day

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate but starting at $9.50 for a host isn't bad.

Service Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Most promotions to management occur from developing existing crew-members. The first step is to become a certified trainer. Complete successfully training crew to standards for 6 months and then you can be considered for a "Professional position". The Professional position is an assistant manager job class with limited functionality. Promotion to management positions is contingent to need in area and performance rating of individual. When opportunity for management occurs the canditate must complete two interviews, a comprehension test, and drug test.

Interview Questions
    The pay scales are determined by experience and the area of country standard pay scales. Expect 42000.00 to 47000.00 annually. The bonus options are not significant but other benefits are competive.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online. The next day I got an email saying to call & setup an interview with a manager. Called the next day & had an interview 2 days later. Interview went great, called me back 2 hours after the interview to set up a second interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

This particular red lobster is very slow

Front of House - Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I received an email stating they were interested in interviewing me and to call the phone number. I called and set up an interview for two days later. I showed up, interviewed with one of the leaders (I believe she was a shift manager), and then set up another interview for about three days later with the store manager. They just asked about my availability, what-if situations (for example, "How would you respond if someone was upset with their service and complained while they were leaving?" and things like that).

Interview Questions
    • I had a really hard time with, "What does the word respect mean to you?" Only because it was hard for me to describe on the spot what it means to me without using the actual word.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

online application, then did an interview with one of the managers. then was invited for another interview with the general manager. process was quick, was hired by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • you may not make much money in this position, how do you feel about this?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Got email one day after I applied online, went in and had an interview, was hired two days later. The managers were all very nice and very easy to talk to.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in November 2014.

Applied online and received an email a couple weeks after saying they'd like to meet with me. Called and arranged my first interview with a manager. She asked basic interview questions and about my availability. It was less like an interview and more like hanging out. She told me that she would like to set me up with a second interview with the general manager.

Due to my availability, the second interview wasn't until almost a week later. This time, she confirmed my availability and proceeded to ask me situational questions. Questions about how I would respond to difficult customers or coworkers. She asked to be excused and when she came back, she offered me a position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    She asked what I would want my pay to be, I told her $9.00 and she offered me $9.50.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Applied online. Got a call back within a week/week and a half. (After working there for a while, they have certain times they are allowed to schedule interviews, so don't stress if it's not right away.) If you need to call and check call between 2-4pm which is the slow time. Had an interview the next day of the call. Met with the hiring and training manager. Then with the general manager. Really connected with the GM. Got hired on the spot.

No negotiations

Server Interview

I applied on a Wednesday and I called to set up an interview the next day (with no emails saying to). I spoke to the GM who said he'll look at my application and he should get to me by that day or tomorrow. He called me 15 minutes later and asked if I could come for an interview on Tuesday. For the interview I spoke to the GM and another manager separately and they spoke privately to one another and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't the restaurant I currently worked for want to promote me to being a server   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online and got a call shotly after to set up an interview. First interview was good, the questions were fairly easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, he told me he had other interviews and that he would call me and let me know if they were still interested. About a week later I got called in for a secound interview with the gm. The interview was litterly less than 10 minutes and she said she would give me a call within the week and that there was one more person other than me that they were looking at for the job. I got a call a couple days later and I was told that they gave the position to the other person.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      If you were the one hiring what would you look for?
      What is your favorite food here?
      Are you responsible?
      When are you available?
      If you are sitting a costumer at a booth and they want a table what do you do?

Answer Question