Red Lobster

Getting the Interview

134 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess/SA Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, just really basic questions

Concord, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2010.

Interview Details – Easy hiring process, one or two interviews max. Training takes about 2 weeks for average employee

Interview Question – No difficult questions to my remembrance   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – never got back to me and wasted time out of my life filling out that long application

Interview Question – they never got back to me and i called them every few days to see if they even looked at my application   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – i returned to my job so i only had to interview one manager, the GM. Once that was done, i immediately started again. No retraining or anything, just one day to show me where everything in the store was located.

Interview Question – no difficult question was asked.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and called in a few days later. Set up an interview for the following week with a manager. Interview was basic and got invited to a second interview.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out compared to other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, same start pay for everyone.

Certified Trainer Interview

West Bradenton, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Red Lobster in January 2010.

Interview Details – Math test, bar test, customer satisfaction quizzes, and lots of old videos. Liked the eating part :) learning different types of seafood.

Interview Question – Where did I see myself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the was none

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Very by the book and simple. Easy and anticipated interview questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Genera Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I interviewed twice. I was interviewed first by two Directors of Operations and then the Regional Vice President. The interview with the Directors was timed (you had 30 minutes with each) and very specific. They explained to me they had a 'process' to interview a candidate with specific questions generated from your assessment results. When I met with the RVP (which was the second step in the process) I travelled to meet him at a hotel lobby. Our interview was much more informal, more like a conversation between friends mixed with business.

Interview Question – General Interview Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Server
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a former manager. There are two interviews taken place at two different times with two different managers. Interview process is very typical. The questions were mostly situational and behavioral.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are mostly related to whether or not your willing to cross train (AKA work in the kitchen). They like versatile employees since the restaurant world is so unpredictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a servers wage.

Server/Bartender Interview

Server/Bartender
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Interview Details – you have to apply online,and pass assessment test,then they will call you in for an interview. you will have two interviews. the first manager will talk to you and ask you questions and write down your answers,then they will go talk to the second manager and if they want you,the second manager will come talk to you. sometimes you have to wait a long time for your interview as the managers are also trying to run a restaraunt while they are interviewing.

Interview Question – they want you to describe how you would handle a customer who is angry or upset,and if you dont have any experience it can be difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lobster interview questions and advice. All 134 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Lobster employees and interview candidates.