Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process for Red Lobster is fairly simple (at least is was when I interviewed for the company almost eight years ago. Basically the first part of the interview is with the Service Manager. If you make it past the first interview, you move on to interview with the stores General Manager. Get past that interview and you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with an impolite guest. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Alley Coordinator/Prep/Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Went in for 1st interview with culinary manager then 2nd interview with general manager. Took about 2 weeks total and then went for orientation. interview was quick and asked basic interview questions.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Placed resume online from job site on Friday. Was called the next day to come to open interviews on Sunday. Filled out all required paperwork, then waited for almost an hour to have a face to face interview with a manager. At least 4 people skipped over me until a final interview with the Area Director interviewed me. He asked me all but 3 questions, then offered me the position. I started 2 weeks later, and had another 2 week training with 250 other employees, prior to the Grand Opening.

Interview Questions

• He asked what was the MOST important asset I possessed in order be in guest services?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

The interview is very straight forward. They do research before hand with the information you submitted online. First there is a phone interview to see if you are a good fit and to get some basic information. Then they schedule a formal interview. In the formal interview the interviewee was very personable. The meeting involve a standard questionnaire and then followed with the one on one interview. It was pleasant and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a specific situation where I made a mistake and how I corrected it.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

The managers were super nice, I met with two of them. There was two interviews and both were moderately easy. I got the job on the spot during the second interview and then had training the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall very easy questions, no pressure at all. You will more than likely be asked to come back for a second interview. I was only interviewed for a max of 10 minute, very short and simple, to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Union, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job and received an email to set up an interview. I had an interview 3 days later with the manager, who asked me questions about school and volunteer/community service activities, since I had no prior work experience to talk about. After the interview I was told my application will the reviewed with the GM and if they were interested, I would be called back for another interview. I never got the call.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict while working with others?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Novi, MI).

Interview

Interview with a Front of the House Manager, where they ask you questions and explain the job description and uniform standards. If your references are correct, you'll be scheduled for a second interview with the General Manager, where she will ask you more basic service industry interview questions.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a difficult experience at your last job, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Interview

Solitary and personal, manager will usually sit down with you and ask you you're experiences as a cook. How you work in team work. What the most difficult thing you had to as a cook. your schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with a manager for the first one. It was very brief and she seemed to enjoy me. She asked me customer service related questions and hospitality.She also asked about my old job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a regular came in and wanted their table but it wasn't available?   1 Answer