Red Lobster

Relevance Date Difficulty

Host/Seater Interview

Host/Seater
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is threefold. First is the application, which is submitted online and includes a personality test to determine integrity and attitude (When I applied, it was the same, but in-person). Second is the first interview with the manager of your desired position. For me, it was the Hospitality manager. They'll be looking to see if you possess the core values of Respect, Integrity, Genuine Caring, Hospitality, and Teamwork. The second interview is with the general manager, and they'll likely be looking for those same core values.
At the interviews, I did my best to remain relaxed and friendly... Even made a couple jokes. To strengthen my internal confidence, I came into it with the attitude that they'd be lucky to have me. Also, I arrived about 10-15 minutes early and waited in the lobby, where I held the door for some elderly customers.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with conflict with coworkers in the past?   View Answer

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – interview wasnt that hard, got hired relatively fast. Walked in, said hi, he told me what was needed, when it was need, it was easy. Always put emphasis on teamwork and make customers the most important criteria and youll be good.

Asheville, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

Interview Details – Talked for a good 35 min,asked me many questions. Asked if i would be ok to train as long as it takes. Everything pointed in the right direction as he kept asking questions and nodding yes to me. I was then told by the service manager that if the GM wanted to move forward then i would receive a 2nd email to schedule a 2nd interview but that the gm was on vacation and it could take a couple days. I was dressed very nice, pressed white dress shirt,black pants and a $125 pair of clarks... Im a former general restaurant manager and plenty of serving experience... plenty qualified enough for red lobster.... I get an email 25 min after i walk out the door from darden saying after "careful" consideration I will not be offered employment at this time??? I contacted every reference I had and they said no one ever call them. I have no idea why this happened. the interview went great. what happened to the GM reviewing my application?? why was a decision made that quick?

Interview Question – name a time a guest was unhappy and you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I have a lot of management experience so it was a no brainier to hire me. I interviewed with the Talent Acquisition team then with 2 Director of Operations. After my back ground check was passed..*whew thank god* and i passed my drug check *also another close one* they offered me the job. I like the fact I get paid every week. I would say I like the fact that once they got to know me the care about where I work they want me to be successful, my previous employer was not like that at all more of a SINK or SWIM situation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your morals were tested dealing with an employee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i told them what I wanted and what i felt I was worth they came in 8,000 under i came down 2,000 from my offer they came up 5,500 more and i said ok lol.

Elyria, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very short interview with one manager at first. they don't ask many relevant questions or anything to assist them in hiring . quite pointless. dress nice and be confident is all that they want

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any room for negotiation

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Chesterfield, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had my first interview today with a service manager. The interview took about 30 minutes and was fairly simple! He had a piece of paper which had the questions he was asking me on it and the highest rating was 7 which is what I got on every answer. The questions were centered mostly around what I could bring to the company, and some school questions because I don't yet have work experience (such as favorite subject, what would I do in a situation if a person wasn't really doing there fair share of work, etc). He also went over stuff about the job like how many times a week I would work, so that took some time. He also sort of talked about their expectations for workers, and its important that you can be up on your toes, and know how to explain why you can do that.

Interview Question – He asked why/how I could stay up on my toes and I didn't really know how to explain it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Moving onto the second interview.

Dish Washer Interview

Dish Washer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Put in an application, wait for a phone call. Once you have received a phone call show up, dress to impress. Go over the job, and a few questions and your good to go.

Utility Interview

Utility
Merrillville, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2014.

Interview Details – They called me in for a interview about a week after i put in the app online. My 1st interview was with the assistant manager and he was very friendly. I was offered a 2nd interview with the General Manager.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? What was a time you had a conflict and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2012.

Interview Details – Attended mass interview on recruiting day. Interviewed with front of house manager and general manager. Interview was pleasant and quick. I was one of several dozen scheduled for the same time. The process was very simple but I had to wait a long time before speaking to anyone.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was regarding handling difficult customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Line/Prep Cook Interview

Line/Prep Cook
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2013.

Interview Details – You have to know about food. And how to prepared some times. They have a list od different type of foof you have to learn to cook. You will be given a book to learn by.

Interview Question – Where you want to be in 3 years if you could not move up on this job   Answer Question

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!