Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Novi, MI).

Interview

Interview with a Front of the House Manager, where they ask you questions and explain the job description and uniform standards. If your references are correct, you'll be scheduled for a second interview with the General Manager, where she will ask you more basic service industry interview questions.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a difficult experience at your last job, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Interview

Solitary and personal, manager will usually sit down with you and ask you you're experiences as a cook. How you work in team work. What the most difficult thing you had to as a cook. your schedule.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with a manager for the first one. It was very brief and she seemed to enjoy me. She asked me customer service related questions and hospitality.She also asked about my old job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a regular came in and wanted their table but it wasn't available?   1 Answer

Utility Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about getting interviewed 2 days later. I arrived to the restaurant and was getting interviewed for about 15 minutes. The manager was laid back and nice. He asked basic questions and then wanted to know if I had any questions. I already had the questions in mind to ask him. He seemed surprised that I actually asked a question because maybe most potential employees don't have questions. There will be a second interview if you pass the first one.

Interview Questions

• If you were a guest, what would be the first thing you notice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Edison, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very fast, I got a call for an interview the day after I applied! The interview is a 2 day process. The interviewer was very nice, she greeted me and offered me a drink before we started the interview. Come in well-dressed since it is a fancy restaurant. First impression is everything.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oro Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Oro Valley, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an interview within 3 days of applying online (no prior experience). The interview was easy and the lady interviewing was very sweet and gave tips and reassured I was doing a good job. She offered me a drink and asked typical questions that were on a paper and checked off when I would say basic answers and wrote a summary when I'd say unique answers. She then set me up for an interview the next day with the general manager. When I went to that interview, the general manager was just as nice. He offered me water and he had coffee and asked several "scenerio" questions. He then left for a moment and came back and told me I was hired and we discussed pay and uniforms.

Interview Questions

• What is good hospitality?   Answer Question
    • What are characteristics you would look for in a hostess if you were interviewing them?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a guest didn't like the table you offered them first?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a disagreement with a co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a "regular" guest wanted to sit at their normal table but there are people seated at it already?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, received email a few days later to call the store to set up an interview. First interview was fairly easy, scripted questions that they score you on. Remember to smile and be upbeat, show some personality, and be confident with your answers. Dress nicely, no jeans or tennis shoes. The entire first interview took about 15 minutes, no very difficult questions. Passed first interview, the manager I interviewed called me later that afternoon to schedule interview with the general manager. That interview was more of the same type of questions, just more detailed. At the end of it, he said he really liked my answers and my attitude and offered me the job on the spot. I started the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to teamwork?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Visalia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later received an email about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy and it was more of a conversation than anything else. She told me everything about the job and said she would call in 2 days. I was sure I would receive a phone call offering me the job but I didn't :(
    Be sure to dress nicely and act motivated. She said she was looking for someone motivated, friendly, and just someone who wants to come to work without any problems. I told her that was me but she probably found someone better. She was interviewing literally back to back.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through snagajob got an email to call to set up an appointment two days later. Had an interview set up the following week. I talked with the manager first she was nice but intimidating and then she left and told me the general manager was going to interview me. That interview went better than the first and at the end I was told I was hired and was given an employee packet to fill out. The interview was today and I have orientation in two days.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you demonstrated excellent customer service   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Knoxville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went fine . No offer but pretty good experience since I had not interviewed for a long time. I have been in my present job for over 15 years..Manager was very upbeat.