Red Lobster

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
148 candidate interviews

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – there will be two interviews you will have to meet with the server manager and then the general manager ... come to the interview business casual and clean ... apperance is very important when interviewing for a server position . personality will go over bigger then answering the right questions. they wan to know that you are personable. when you come in for the interview anticipate to wait 20min to 30min before the manager comes out for the interview...this is a test of your patience.

Interview Question – do you feel that the customer is alway right   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – You have to take a personality test and if you pass it they will call you for a second interview. At that time you interview with the service manager and he asked you typical server questions. How do you make a quest have an incredible experience? How do you define going above and beyond?

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness? Typical but always hard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – Really chill guy. Interview was "conversation" style with questions regarding previous job experience.
Interview Questions:
-Why do you want to work for Red Lobster
-How would you add to the idea of "team work"
-Describe a difficult experience you had at previous job and how you handled it
-Are you available on Sundays
-How important is attitude and behavior

Interview Question – What contribution can you make to our company?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – Basically was asked if I was a people person, and if I had a conflict management style, What did I think about the Phrase " The Customer is always right" ? It was a easy going laid back kind of interview. One on one and nothing unexpected was asked.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected asked.   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

Server Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call to come in one week later. I had two interviews, one with the serving manager and the other with the GM. It was very easy with expected questions

Interview Question – What does service mean to you?   Answer Question

Host/Seater Interview

Host/Seater

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – I applied in person by just walking in and asking the GM if they were doing any hiring at the moment. The GM said yes they are looking for a host so I filled out my application on the spot and handed it directly to the GM. I drove home and before I made it in the drive way the GM called me and asked if I could start next week.

Interview Question – No questions asked besides "Can you start next week?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start date...

Baker, Silverware Roller, and Dishwasher Interview

Baker, Silverware Roller, and Dishwasher

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – very simple and easy but they dont stay to there word at all they make them sound a lot better then they really are, but dress nice and have a good attitude and u got the job

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question

Server

I applied in-person and interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – One in person interview. Looking for professional dress. The questions are geared towards your ability to think on the spot and customer service situations. Personality test required

Interview Question – How would you deal with a belligerent customer.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – Got hired from within. Was flown to Dallas for an interview with 6 different directors in different rooms.

Interview Question – Which of our core values are the most important to you and why?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – I was called into an interview with a shift manager. They asked me typical questions like, "How do you describe customer satisfaction." and "Tell me a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the result?" After that I was invited for a second interview with the General Manager in which questions were more personality focused like, "How would you describe leadership?" After that I was offered a job and invited to attend orientation.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite thing about your last job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lobster interview questions and advice. All 148 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Lobster employees and interview candidates.