Red Lobster

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Florence, SC

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an email two days later to call to schedule an interview. I did so and was offered the position on the spot. It took me less then a week to be hired.

Interview Question – Why red lobster?   View Answer

Sever/Bartender Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in March 2013.

Interview Details – went in for a sever position walked out with a host position. it was straight forward and Darden hiring process is for people to get hired and work there way up to the better positions so you can appreciate it more

Interview Question – tell of a time you had a difficult situation and how you resolved it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – got a lower position then expected but worked all the way up within 8 months and appreciate what I make more

Server Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recieved email a few days later stating to call and set up an interview time with a manager. Called the same day and my time was 3pm the next day. Arrived to the interview 15 minutes early. interviewed with the manager then he asked could I stay for a second interview. My second interview took place a few minutes later with the managers boss. He then asked me more of pretty the same questions as the first interviewer. He then offered me the position and set up my orientation which is next week!

Interview Question – Why red lobsters? What is your favorite dish on our menu? Why did you leave your last job? What does good customer service mean to you? What does teamwork mean to you? Name a time when you've had to deal with an upset customer in your last position? Any serving experience? Why should we hire you? What are some characteristics a server should have?   View Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Host/Hostess
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I filled out the app online and called to inquire about it a few days later. They had me come in and fill out another app. Then interviewed me. There are 3 interviews to go through to get hired. The managers were very friendly. And the crew members were very helpful.

Interview Question – What are your worst qualities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They started me at minimum wage.

Host/Hostess Interview

Host/Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Basic application first. Then you go in and take a test that asks about 100 questions based on how you would handle certain situations and your personality. After that they call and set up an interview with one manager, then after that its another interview with the general manager. It took me about 3 weeks to get hired.

Interview Question – What is the most important part of working as a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Server Assistant Interview

Server Assistant

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – Applied online got a email saying to call and set up interview went to the interview was very easy basic questions.

Service Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email about 2 days later saying to call in and schedule an interview. Interviewed with GM first, real short asked about 5 basic interview questions (e.g. Why Red Lobster? What does excellent customer service mean to you? etc.). Had a second interview with another manages that asked about 10 cheesy and similarly easy questions. Offered the job right after.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer. How did you provide excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Utility Interview

Utility

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in January 2014.

Interview Details – I saw Red Lobster was hiring for "all positions" and filled out an application online. About a week later on a Thursday I received an e-mail and a call telling me to call and schedule an interview within two days. I called the next day, told the manager my name and schedule the interview for the following Tuesday. I dressed nicely and arrived on time. I was quickly introduced to a manager and possibly an intern or management trainee? She informed me that she forgot about my interview and had already given the utility position I applied for to someone else. This was already very unprofessional but she then said I could interview for an available alley coordinator position. She asked me about my employment history, even though I'd put on the application I had no previous experience. So I continued on, the questions were extremely easy, almost too easy to say anything worthwhile. At the end of the interview which only lasted 15 minutes or so, the woman said she needed to go see about a time for a second interview. The two women left and one came back a few minutes later telling me that she would call regarding a second interview as the general manager was not there today. That was Tuesday and it's now early Monday morning. The management seemed rather incompetent, wasted my time and lied about their interest in me working there. I can only imagine how they treat their employees. Save yourself the trouble and find somewhere else to work. The "Darden Family of Restaurants" is notorious for negatively treating employees.

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked as a team to do something respectful.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Pittsburg, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in January 2014.

Interview Details – This is my first job and I am currently 17 and still in high school. I applied online and got an email the next day telling me to call and schedule an interview. I asked for a manager and then the manager told me to call back on Friday and ask for another manager. I did so and then that manager told me that ANOTHER manager would call me back to schedule an interview. It was just a weird thing but a manager ended up calling me a couple days later and scheduling and interview.
The day I came in, there were actually a lot of other people interviewing. I waited for about 10-15 mins for the interview before me to finish before I went in. The manager came out and I automatically stood up, put my phone away, and shook his hand. Then he led me to one of the booths to start the interview. Remember to wait for the interviewer to invite you to sit down by the way.
As for the interview itself, it was all just basic questions. Just stay calm and be outgoing. I made my interviewer laugh a lot so that helped. The manager was telling me how they don't always have positions open but they like to get applications and find out about the people applying. He also told me how they don't really get a lot of people coming in with no experience and I took that as a chance to tell him that although I don't have any experience, I do have experience doing things that a hostess would do. I think that really helped my cause so if you have no experience, think of things that a hostess or whatever job you're applying to would do that you have done before and use that to your advantage. For example, I do a lot of volunteering and I throw a lot of family parties so I told him that I have done various tasks like showing people to their seats, handing people programs or invitations, making sure everyone feels comfortable, etc. Oh and also, when he asked if I had any questions, I asked if I did get the job, would there be anything I could take home and study so I could come in and be ready. I think that really showed him how much I wanted the job and how dedicated I would be to it.
After the interview, he told me that there were a few hostess positions open and said to let him finish the rest of his interviews and then he'd call me on Monday, which was 3 days later. False information though, he actually called me the following Tuesday. Either way, he told me that they were gonna go ahead and offer me the position and that I'd start training in 2 weeks because he was gonna go on vacation until then.

Interview Question – How would you make a customer feel welcome?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person for second interview

Interview Question – How would you handle a fellow manager that was not as competent at their job as you even if they had been at that position for a long time.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster