Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.2

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Short and sweet, they really needed cooks during this time. I could tell because they were already thinking of where I could be working at already. It was a little harder to meet with the GM but I eventually did. I was a little intimidated, but all was well.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: do you have any experience, are you comfortable cooking, are you in school, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview 3+ weeks later. I arrived early and was told to call a number before I arrived so I could be let in through a side door but no answer. I asked the maintenance guy if he could let me in and thankfully he did and even called the manager for me as this restaurant is very big. I waited for about 10 minutes and the manager arrived with what looked like index cards. As I was sitting in the booth I realized he was scoring my answers. He explained what they were looking for and a little bit about Red Lobster. He asked me about my employment history my availability and then came the interview questions (about 4 questions). All in all the interview went along nicely. The next morning I received the dreaded email "Thank you for your interest" blah blah blah. The interview wasn't difficult but I guess I just wasn't the right fit for the restaurant, or I didn't sell myself enough. Off to the next interview. :)

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Charleston, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I meet the Do in a restaurant during Lunch we spoke for a couple of hours .. Causal and Candid conversation about the restaurant business. My expectations and his.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Tampa, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

After aplying online (taking an assessment test), got an e-mail to call to schedule an interview within 48 hours- met with manager of the service dept, and then made a 2nd interview with the restaurant manager.

Interview Questions

• I met with the Manager and was asked questions on how to take care of an upset customer, also why Red Lobster, Availability, why I was looking for a job.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in April 2015.

Interview

I had a lot of fun talking to the Interviewer. I asked her if there was any doubts about the interview and she said that I did excellent but I was never called back in.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself? How would you deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spotsylvania, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Spotsylvania, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The manager took me to the back, we sat at a table and he asked me basic questions such as if I worked in a restaurant before, if I had any visible tattoos, and why I wanted to work for their company. He then proceeded to ask if I had any questions about the job. Then we were done, very quick but informative.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for this company? Q: Do you have any visible tattoos? Q: Do you have reliable transportation to get to work? Q: How far do you live from restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Port Huron, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Came in about ten minutes early and was seated by the hostess waited five or so minutes for the interviewer who was very friendly asked a series of questions which were very simple. She said I wasn't right for a server position but said someone would call if a hostess position opened up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for this job online and was sent an email a few days later. The email said that I was selected to come in for an interview. I met the manager a few days later. He asked me a few questions and I was offered a job on the spot. The whole interview was about ten minutes long.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I got an email (not a phone call) to call and set up an interview. I went in and first interviewed with the front of house manager and then I had an interview with the General Manager. It lasted a total of maybe an hour or so and they didn't ask many difficult questions. They mostly just asked about my experience and what I believe is team work and whatnot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Red Lobster (Independence, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent resume to two locations and got a call the next day from the first one. The manager Sid she was looking at my resume and was very interested and she was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is great hospitality?   1 Answer
    • What is the most important thing about a restaurant?   1 Answer