Red Lobster

Relevance Date Difficulty

Certified Trainer Interview

Certified Trainer
West Bradenton, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Red Lobster in January 2010.

Interview Details – Math test, bar test, customer satisfaction quizzes, and lots of old videos. Liked the eating part :) learning different types of seafood.

Interview Question – Where did I see myself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the was none

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Very by the book and simple. Easy and anticipated interview questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Genera Manager Interview

Genera Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I interviewed twice. I was interviewed first by two Directors of Operations and then the Regional Vice President. The interview with the Directors was timed (you had 30 minutes with each) and very specific. They explained to me they had a 'process' to interview a candidate with specific questions generated from your assessment results. When I met with the RVP (which was the second step in the process) I travelled to meet him at a hotel lobby. Our interview was much more informal, more like a conversation between friends mixed with business.

Interview Question – General Interview Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a former manager. There are two interviews taken place at two different times with two different managers. Interview process is very typical. The questions were mostly situational and behavioral.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are mostly related to whether or not your willing to cross train (AKA work in the kitchen). They like versatile employees since the restaurant world is so unpredictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a servers wage.

Server/Bartender Interview

Server/Bartender
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Interview Details – you have to apply online,and pass assessment test,then they will call you in for an interview. you will have two interviews. the first manager will talk to you and ask you questions and write down your answers,then they will go talk to the second manager and if they want you,the second manager will come talk to you. sometimes you have to wait a long time for your interview as the managers are also trying to run a restaraunt while they are interviewing.

Interview Question – they want you to describe how you would handle a customer who is angry or upset,and if you dont have any experience it can be difficult.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews with the 3 main managers of the location

Interview Question – The question was based on how I would handle unruly guests that are waiting for a table.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recieved email a few days later stating to call and set up an interview time with a manager. Called the same day and my time was 3pm the next day. Arrived to the interview 15 minutes early. interviewed with the manager then he asked could I stay for a second interview. My second interview took place a few minutes later with the managers boss. He then asked me more of pretty the same questions as the first interviewer. He then offered me the position and set up my orientation which is next week!

Interview Question – Why red lobsters? What is your favorite dish on our menu? Why did you leave your last job? What does good customer service mean to you? What does teamwork mean to you? Name a time when you've had to deal with an upset customer in your last position? Any serving experience? Why should we hire you? What are some characteristics a server should have?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Florence, SC

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an email two days later to call to schedule an interview. I did so and was offered the position on the spot. It took me less then a week to be hired.

Interview Question – Why red lobster?   View Answer

Sever/Bartender Interview

Sever/Bartender
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in March 2013.

Interview Details – went in for a sever position walked out with a host position. it was straight forward and Darden hiring process is for people to get hired and work there way up to the better positions so you can appreciate it more

Interview Question – tell of a time you had a difficult situation and how you resolved it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – got a lower position then expected but worked all the way up within 8 months and appreciate what I make more

Host/Hostess Interview

Host/Hostess
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I filled out the app online and called to inquire about it a few days later. They had me come in and fill out another app. Then interviewed me. There are 3 interviews to go through to get hired. The managers were very friendly. And the crew members were very helpful.

Interview Question – What are your worst qualities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They started me at minimum wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster