Red Lobster

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in March 2014.

Overall very easy interview process. I walking in and asked to speak to a manager. I introduced myself told him I was applying for a server position and handed him my resume. I had one interview and within a week I was called back for a second interview. By the following week I got a call for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

I filled out the app online and called to inquire about it a few days later. They had me come in and fill out another app. Then interviewed me. There are 3 interviews to go through to get hired. The managers were very friendly. And the crew members were very helpful.

Interview Questions
    They started me at minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Applied online. Recieved email a few days later stating to call and set up an interview time with a manager. Called the same day and my time was 3pm the next day. Arrived to the interview 15 minutes early. interviewed with the manager then he asked could I stay for a second interview. My second interview took place a few minutes later with the managers boss. He then asked me more of pretty the same questions as the first interviewer. He then offered me the position and set up my orientation which is next week!

Interview Questions
    • Why red lobsters? What is your favorite dish on our menu? Why did you leave your last job? What does good customer service mean to you? What does teamwork mean to you? Name a time when you've had to deal with an upset customer in your last position? Any serving experience? Why should we hire you? What are some characteristics a server should have?   View Answer

Server Assistant Interview

Applied online got a email saying to call and set up interview went to the interview was very easy basic questions.

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Basic application first. Then you go in and take a test that asks about 100 questions based on how you would handle certain situations and your personality. After that they call and set up an interview with one manager, then after that its another interview with the general manager. It took me about 3 weeks to get hired.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

I applied online, received an email two days later to call to schedule an interview. I did so and was offered the position on the spot. It took me less then a week to be hired.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

3 Interviews with the 3 main managers of the location

Interview Questions
    • The question was based on how I would handle unruly guests that are waiting for a table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

I was hired on the spot BUT I do know if it was because I was severing somewhere else. I should have gotten an EMAIL regarding the second interview but instead they just arranged a direct interview the very same week.

Interview Questions
    • What Would The Person Who Likes You Least In The World Say About You?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Phone interview, in person for second interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a fellow manager that was not as competent at their job as you even if they had been at that position for a long time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in January 2014.

This is my first job and I am currently 17 and still in high school. I applied online and got an email the next day telling me to call and schedule an interview. I asked for a manager and then the manager told me to call back on Friday and ask for another manager. I did so and then that manager told me that ANOTHER manager would call me back to schedule an interview. It was just a weird thing but a manager ended up calling me a couple days later and scheduling and interview.
    The day I came in, there were actually a lot of other people interviewing. I waited for about 10-15 mins for the interview before me to finish before I went in. The manager came out and I automatically stood up, put my phone away, and shook his hand. Then he led me to one of the booths to start the interview. Remember to wait for the interviewer to invite you to sit down by the way.
    As for the interview itself, it was all just basic questions. Just stay calm and be outgoing. I made my interviewer laugh a lot so that helped. The manager was telling me how they don't always have positions open but they like to get applications and find out about the people applying. He also told me how they don't really get a lot of people coming in with no experience and I took that as a chance to tell him that although I don't have any experience, I do have experience doing things that a hostess would do. I think that really helped my cause so if you have no experience, think of things that a hostess or whatever job you're applying to would do that you have done before and use that to your advantage. For example, I do a lot of volunteering and I throw a lot of family parties so I told him that I have done various tasks like showing people to their seats, handing people programs or invitations, making sure everyone feels comfortable, etc. Oh and also, when he asked if I had any questions, I asked if I did get the job, would there be anything I could take home and study so I could come in and be ready. I think that really showed him how much I wanted the job and how dedicated I would be to it.
    After the interview, he told me that there were a few hostess positions open and said to let him finish the rest of his interviews and then he'd call me on Monday, which was 3 days later. False information though, he actually called me the following Tuesday. Either way, he told me that they were gonna go ahead and offer me the position and that I'd start training in 2 weeks because he was gonna go on vacation until then.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel welcome?   View Answer