Red Lobster

Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in May 2014.

I applied at 2:00 AM and I received a phone call that same day around 1:00 PM to schedule an interview, the General Manager wanted me to come in that same day, but I scheduled for the next day. I had my first interview then I had my second interview immediately after the first one. I received a phone call a few hours that I had been selected for the position. I was very happy and pleased. The training was excellent, my managers wanted to make sure I was more than comfortable before I was by myself on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • There was no very difficult question. They asked me standard questions.   Answer Question

Hostess/SA Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Pretty simple, just really basic questions

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

never got back to me and wasted time out of my life filling out that long application

Interview Questions
    • they never got back to me and i called them every few days to see if they even looked at my application   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in April 2014.

I applied online on Sunday and got an email from them on Tuesday saying they wanted to interview me. So I called and was told to come in on Friday. The first manager said he liked me at the end on the interview so I had to come back on Tuesday to have my second interview with the general manager. The second interview went well and he said he would call me in two days for a job offer after he checked my reference from the previous restaurant I worked at. They didn't call me that week, so I assumed I didn't get the job. Then two weeks later, the manager from the first interview called me with a job offer. I guess I shouldn't have had any doubts since Darden will email you if they don't want you. The interview was what you would expect for a server like define great customer service, what would you do to provide great customer service to guests, and how you handle disputes between coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • There was really nothing difficult..Every question what you would expect them to ask you if you're applying as a server.   Answer Question
    No negotiations you get paid $2.13 an hour and live off your tips.

Heart of House Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in April 2014.

Fast easy just be friendly and honest is was the easiest job i every got.

Server Interview

i returned to my job so i only had to interview one manager, the GM. Once that was done, i immediately started again. No retraining or anything, just one day to show me where everything in the store was located.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Very by the book and simple. Easy and anticipated interview questions

There was no negotiation

Genera Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

I interviewed twice. I was interviewed first by two Directors of Operations and then the Regional Vice President. The interview with the Directors was timed (you had 30 minutes with each) and very specific. They explained to me they had a 'process' to interview a candidate with specific questions generated from your assessment results. When I met with the RVP (which was the second step in the process) I travelled to meet him at a hotel lobby. Our interview was much more informal, more like a conversation between friends mixed with business.

No negotiations.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartonsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartonsville, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in March 2014.

The interviewer was very polite and listened very well it wasnt one of those interviews yu think its going bad because the interviewer is so serious. You interview with a manager and after your in good with them you interview eith the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for red lobster?   View Answer
    • What is your definition of hospitality?   View Answer
    • What is your definition of good guest services?   View Answer
    • Name a scenario where yu went above and beyond to help some one and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I would recommend that any one take the offer its not easy to get into and once yu have your foot in the door its very negotiable to move up and grow with the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in March 2014.

Overall very easy interview process. I walking in and asked to speak to a manager. I introduced myself told him I was applying for a server position and handed him my resume. I had one interview and within a week I was called back for a second interview. By the following week I got a call for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question