Red Lobster

Relevance Date Difficulty

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Gadsden, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview and Hiring process is very well organized. Awesome M.I.T. program with good support. Questions are not that hard just need to answer with confidence. Give a lot of details about past history.

Interview Question – Not really none. But you of course will be giving a phone interview first, then an online assessment test, then a personal interview with an Area Director of Operations. If you can transfer anywhere and move around you have a better opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was very easy they will listen to what you have to counter offer is and work with you

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – A telephone interview that went for a hour. Then a second interview that went two hours. The third interview felt more like a formality with the general manager of the location that I was going to.

Interview Question – Not really a difficult question I blew them away   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate they gave me more than i was asking for.

Knoxville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Interview Details – Sent in an application and received an email later that day with a phone number to call. I called the number to set up an interview the next day. I showed up about 15 minutes early, but waited until my actual interview time. I interviewed with the restaurant manager, who asked pretty simple questions (Why Red Lobster? How will you contribute to team work? Describe a situation where you dealt with an irate customer?). After this, the restaurant manager asked me to wait for the general manager to arrive. When she came, she asked me for my availability and job preference (I had also applied to be a host and a server assistant). Then she asked a few more questions (What characteristics would you look for if you were hiring a server? What can you add to our company? What does "of service" mean to you? Describe a conflict between you and a co-worker and how the issue was resolved). After she asked these questions I was offered the position on the spot.

My advice to everyone: take a look at some of the other posts on this website - this is how I prepared for this interview (I have never worked in a restaurant before). All the questions I was asked can be found on here. Also, make sure you are well-groomed and dress well. I wore a suit and tie - you can never under dress for an interview! Good luck!

Interview Question – What does "of service" mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Host/Hostess Interview

Host/Hostess
McDonough, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Red Lobster online and a week later I received an email stating that I needed to call to set up an interview. I called and got an interview with the restaurant manager the next day at 3:15. I went in a little nervous, but she wasn't hard on me at all. When it was over, she told me that she would like to set up a second interview for the next day at 3:30 with the General Manager. When I got there he was behind schedule, so I didn't interview until 4:00. I was more nervous meeting with him, but when we sat down he made me feel comfortable. He didn't ask many questions. He then proceeded to tell me the type of person he was looking for. After about seven minutes of talking, he said he would like to hire me. It was a great feeling. He told me I would come in for training the next week. He also told me what I needed to bring in with me and what I needed to wear. Smiling is a big deal, try it!! A few questions asked.. Describe good customer service and what it means to you? What were your job duties at your last job? Why did you leave your last job? What's your availability? Why do you want to work here? Describe a situation where you dealt with an irate customer.

Interview Question – In what way would you contribute to teamwork while working here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiating.

Host/Seater Interview

Host/Seater

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – I applied in person by just walking in and asking the GM if they were doing any hiring at the moment. The GM said yes they are looking for a host so I filled out my application on the spot and handed it directly to the GM. I drove home and before I made it in the drive way the GM called me and asked if I could start next week.

Interview Question – No questions asked besides "Can you start next week?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start date...

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, applied online and called for an interview a couple weeks later.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Server
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, walked in left a resume and interviewed and was hired immediately.

Interview Question – With no previous hospitality experience, the question of "Why?" seemed hard to articulate beyond to make some money and make people happy with their meal. But I do not think you can go too wrong with this.   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call to come in one week later. I had two interviews, one with the serving manager and the other with the GM. It was very easy with expected questions

Interview Question – What does service mean to you?   Answer Question

Server
Maumee, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a server position about 2 months ago in May when I first started my job search. I hadn't heard a call back until Tuesday, July 9th asking me to come in for an interview the following day. I already had another job but I decided to go anyways. The interview was very laid back. I got there about 15 minutes early and told the host that I had an interview. I only waited about a minute or two until the manager came out. She was extremely kind and seemed to love me! We talked about previous experience and why I left my last job. Then she asked three questions: Why Red Lobster? What does good customer service mean to you and describe a time when you achieved providing good customer service. Name a time when you had an unsatisfied customer and how did you solve the issue? After that she set me up for a second interview with the general manager the next day (yesterday) at 3:30. I arrived 15 minutes early again and waited about 5 minutes. This interview was a bit more strict and he hammered me with questions which I answered fairly well. Mind you I went into this interview without preparation since it was SO short notice. He asked me to explain what characteristics I would look for when hiring a server. I said they would have to be able to multitask, have a great personality, be able to work in fast paced environments, have great social skills, etc. After another 5 minutes of questions he looked up and said "I would like to offer you a job here, congrats!" and shook my hand. Then he talked about orientation and the uniform and whatnot. If I can pull this off without prep and short notice then anyone with experience or preparation should be just fine. Just be extremely smiley and don't be afraid to crack a joke or two! Oh, and PLEASE dress appropriately. I've had many interviews where managers have complimented me on my attire and talked about how other people being interviewed did not get the job because of their appearance. Appearance is key!!!

Interview Question – Why Red Lobster? Describe a time when a customer was not satisfied and how you solved the issue. What does good customer service mean to you? Describe a time when you had conflict with another employee and how you resolved it. What characteristics would you look for when hiring a server? What can you add to our company? Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Manager Interview

Downers Grove, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in December 2009.

Interview Details – Very laid back and very informative for the most part. They use a prewritten interview sheet that asks about how you would handle certain senario along with a personality profile test which is a general lie scale test.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone asked you to have a certain server because they didn't want this type or that type of server.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they called and offered my the postion for said amount and I turned down the first offer and they countered with a second for a little more and I excepted this offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster