Red Lobster

Average Difficulty
157 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied in-person and interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – One in person interview. Looking for professional dress. The questions are geared towards your ability to think on the spot and customer service situations. Personality test required

Interview Question – How would you deal with a belligerent customer.   Answer Question

North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called for interview a week later. Was asked a bunch of situational questions and was told that if offered a position, it would be as a server assistant due to my not working in the past 6 months. Was told that he would make a decision within a few days. Received an email within 25 minutes informing me that they could not offer me a position.

Interview Question – Try to "sell" him one of my favorite menu items from the last place that I had worked.   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Server/Bartender
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2013.

Interview Details – They sent me an email about coming in for an interview, but when I call they kept giving me the run around. Then when I finally got the second interview they gave me the run around again, so I gave up and totally would never again apply smh

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult, just continue to smile so they know you're a happy person.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were unorganized, and the hourly pay was very low.

Server

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I applied to Red lobster about 3 weeks ago online and was called about 2 weeks later for an interview. My interview was scheduled two days later. I couldn't really prepare due to exams and studying but the night before I reviewed the interview questions people shared on the site. (Really helpful) .. Long story short, the whole interview process took about 20 minutes. I was interviewed by the service manager first then passed to the general manager who was really chill. My tip to anyone applying or interviewing is to SMILE! This company is all about team work and customers having a positive experience so make sure you mention that that's what is important to you as well. They ask questions like "Why Red lobster?; what does good service mean to you?; what is team work?" As well as asking to explain a time when you had an angry customer and how did you resolve or deal with the situation. They might ask you to tell them about yourself and "what would you look for in hiring a server/host". Hope this helped! Good luck!

Negotiation Details – Everyone seems to be outgoing and really down to earth including the managers. As long as you do your job and remember that everyone is a team, you will be good.

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – I was called into an interview with a shift manager. They asked me typical questions like, "How do you describe customer satisfaction." and "Tell me a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the result?" After that I was invited for a second interview with the General Manager in which questions were more personality focused like, "How would you describe leadership?" After that I was offered a job and invited to attend orientation.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite thing about your last job?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Host/Hostess

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Asked me to give a specific situation in how I would treat an upset guest in the restaurant. Asked about what I thought good customer service meant. I told him that treating guests properly is important because they are the ultimate supporters of the business. RL is also HUGE on team-work and being able to work with others. I emphasized that I really wanted to be part of a great team in order to expand my own knowledge and experience.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult was asked. Most questions were basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Server/Barteneder Interview

Server/Barteneder
City of Industry, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in March 2013.

Interview Details – asks very generic questions from a worksheet.
tell me about yourself
Why do you want to work here?
describe your favorite dish(at a restaurant you work/worked at)
describe a difficult situation with a customer
what are your strengths/weaknesses
Why did you leave your past job?
again, very generic questions, nothing that will throw you off

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected, they read generic interview questions from a sheet   View Answer

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was actually pretty simple. I turned in an application and got an interview on the spot. Then they have you take a personality test to find out if you're a good fit for the job. You interview with a second manager and they invite you to the team, or not.

Interview Question – I was asked what my favorite food was. I thought that was a strange question but maybe it's to test to see how open-minded you are? Or see if you like their food.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was my first job, and it was also in the South where their economy was in shatters. The minimum wage was $2.13 an hour plus tips. Pretty terrible. But for the area, it was the best I could do.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Conroe, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, both very short less than 10 minutes, right to the point, they make you feel very comfortable, not make you feel like you are incompetent.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Red Lobster?   Answer Question

Baker, Silverware Roller, and Dishwasher Interview

Baker, Silverware Roller, and Dishwasher

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – very simple and easy but they dont stay to there word at all they make them sound a lot better then they really are, but dress nice and have a good attitude and u got the job

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question