Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.3

Line Cook Interview

I was called into an interview with a shift manager. They asked me typical questions like, "How do you describe customer satisfaction." and "Tell me a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the result?" After that I was invited for a second interview with the General Manager in which questions were more personality focused like, "How would you describe leadership?" After that I was offered a job and invited to attend orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite thing about your last job?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Asked me to give a specific situation in how I would treat an upset guest in the restaurant. Asked about what I thought good customer service meant. I told him that treating guests properly is important because they are the ultimate supporters of the business. RL is also HUGE on team-work and being able to work with others. I emphasized that I really wanted to be part of a great team in order to expand my own knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult was asked. Most questions were basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Server/Barteneder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in March 2013.

asks very generic questions from a worksheet.
    tell me about yourself
    Why do you want to work here?
    describe your favorite dish(at a restaurant you work/worked at)
    describe a difficult situation with a customer
    what are your strengths/weaknesses
    Why did you leave your past job?
    again, very generic questions, nothing that will throw you off

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, they read generic interview questions from a sheet   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2010.

It was actually pretty simple. I turned in an application and got an interview on the spot. Then they have you take a personality test to find out if you're a good fit for the job. You interview with a second manager and they invite you to the team, or not.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what my favorite food was. I thought that was a strange question but maybe it's to test to see how open-minded you are? Or see if you like their food.   View Answer
    It was my first job, and it was also in the South where their economy was in shatters. The minimum wage was $2.13 an hour plus tips. Pretty terrible. But for the area, it was the best I could do.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2013.

2 interviews, both very short less than 10 minutes, right to the point, they make you feel very comfortable, not make you feel like you are incompetent.

Baker, Silverware Roller, and Dishwasher Interview

very simple and easy but they dont stay to there word at all they make them sound a lot better then they really are, but dress nice and have a good attitude and u got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2012.

Online application, manager email, call in set appointment, come in for initial interview questioning and position explanation, call back, come in for assessment, orientation, and then depending on position 3-7 days of training

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation you had to use great customer service with a negative guest? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gadsden, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2010.

Interview and Hiring process is very well organized. Awesome M.I.T. program with good support. Questions are not that hard just need to answer with confidence. Give a lot of details about past history.

Interview Questions
    • Not really none. But you of course will be giving a phone interview first, then an online assessment test, then a personal interview with an Area Director of Operations. If you can transfer anywhere and move around you have a better opportunity.   Answer Question
    was very easy they will listen to what you have to counter offer is and work with you

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Red Lobster.

A telephone interview that went for a hour. Then a second interview that went two hours. The third interview felt more like a formality with the general manager of the location that I was going to.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate they gave me more than i was asking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Sent in an application and received an email later that day with a phone number to call. I called the number to set up an interview the next day. I showed up about 15 minutes early, but waited until my actual interview time. I interviewed with the restaurant manager, who asked pretty simple questions (Why Red Lobster? How will you contribute to team work? Describe a situation where you dealt with an irate customer?). After this, the restaurant manager asked me to wait for the general manager to arrive. When she came, she asked me for my availability and job preference (I had also applied to be a host and a server assistant). Then she asked a few more questions (What characteristics would you look for if you were hiring a server? What can you add to our company? What does "of service" mean to you? Describe a conflict between you and a co-worker and how the issue was resolved). After she asked these questions I was offered the position on the spot.

My advice to everyone: take a look at some of the other posts on this website - this is how I prepared for this interview (I have never worked in a restaurant before). All the questions I was asked can be found on here. Also, make sure you are well-groomed and dress well. I wore a suit and tie - you can never under dress for an interview! Good luck!

There was no negotiation