Red Lobster

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.3

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Asked me to give a specific situation in how I would treat an upset guest in the restaurant. Asked about what I thought good customer service meant. I told him that treating guests properly is important because they are the ultimate supporters of the business. RL is also HUGE on team-work and being able to work with others. I emphasized that I really wanted to be part of a great team in order to expand my own knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult was asked. Most questions were basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in October 2013.

They sent me an email about coming in for an interview, but when I call they kept giving me the run around. Then when I finally got the second interview they gave me the run around again, so I gave up and totally would never again apply smh

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult, just continue to smile so they know you're a happy person.   Answer Question

They were unorganized, and the hourly pay was very low.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in October 2013.

Applied online. Was called for interview a week later. Was asked a bunch of situational questions and was told that if offered a position, it would be as a server assistant due to my not working in the past 6 months. Was told that he would make a decision within a few days. Received an email within 25 minutes informing me that they could not offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Try to "sell" him one of my favorite menu items from the last place that I had worked.   Answer Question

Baker, Silverware Roller, and Dishwasher Interview

very simple and easy but they dont stay to there word at all they make them sound a lot better then they really are, but dress nice and have a good attitude and u got the job

Culinary Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in September 2013.

Fast and thorough. Took 2 week to begin my training. I was also hired from with in the company so that might of taken a part. I started off with an assessment, Then an interview with director of operations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Just knowing it always comes down to your guest and team. Those are the most important part. They are what keep your restaurant going.   Answer Question
    Yes they are will too

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Red Lobster.

A telephone interview that went for a hour. Then a second interview that went two hours. The third interview felt more like a formality with the general manager of the location that I was going to.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate they gave me more than i was asking for.

Host/Seater Interview

I applied in person by just walking in and asking the GM if they were doing any hiring at the moment. The GM said yes they are looking for a host so I filled out my application on the spot and handed it directly to the GM. I drove home and before I made it in the drive way the GM called me and asked if I could start next week.

Start date...

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Fairly easy, applied online and called for an interview a couple weeks later.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Pretty straight forward, walked in left a resume and interviewed and was hired immediately.

Interview Questions
    • With no previous hospitality experience, the question of "Why?" seemed hard to articulate beyond to make some money and make people happy with their meal. But I do not think you can go too wrong with this.   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

I applied to Red Lobster online and a week later I received an email stating that I needed to call to set up an interview. I called and got an interview with the restaurant manager the next day at 3:15. I went in a little nervous, but she wasn't hard on me at all. When it was over, she told me that she would like to set up a second interview for the next day at 3:30 with the General Manager. When I got there he was behind schedule, so I didn't interview until 4:00. I was more nervous meeting with him, but when we sat down he made me feel comfortable. He didn't ask many questions. He then proceeded to tell me the type of person he was looking for. After about seven minutes of talking, he said he would like to hire me. It was a great feeling. He told me I would come in for training the next week. He also told me what I needed to bring in with me and what I needed to wear. Smiling is a big deal, try it!! A few questions asked.. Describe good customer service and what it means to you? What were your job duties at your last job? Why did you leave your last job? What's your availability? Why do you want to work here? Describe a situation where you dealt with an irate customer.

Interview Questions
    • In what way would you contribute to teamwork while working here?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiating.