Red Lobster Line Cook Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster (Snellville, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Talked to the kitchen manager, than later talked to the General Manager, I wore dress pants and a Dress Shirt. Later filled out paperwork and did a training process. The general manger described what job ill be doing to get fill of everything is in kitchen and would be OK with do that job. Told me how much it pays.

Interview Questions

• Why did i wanna be a line cook, whats my five year plan, where do i see myself going at this job. Where do i wanna go after this job   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Showed up, said "Hey I want to be a line cook." They were all "K... see you tonight on the line." It wasn't an interview per se. This is an hourly line cook position. I'm really just filling this out so I can see other reviews on this silly website. There's really not much else to say. I mean... it's Red Lobster, people. What do you expect? A 20 page online survey followed by a series of web interviews to narrow down the best candidate?

Negotiation

So good

Line Cook Interview

Interview

I was called into an interview with a shift manager. They asked me typical questions like, "How do you describe customer satisfaction." and "Tell me a time in which you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the result?" After that I was invited for a second interview with the General Manager in which questions were more personality focused like, "How would you describe leadership?" After that I was offered a job and invited to attend orientation.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite thing about your last job?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I arrived at the restaurant for my interview on time and had to wait about 10 minutes for the previous candidate to finish their interview. The interviewer was very friendly. He asked me why I had left my previous job and he also asked about my entire job history. The interview was really straightforward and I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clay, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Clay, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

They will ask you question about working with others and what you expect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied in store and interviewed with the kitchen manager. I was asked to fill out an assessment and then come back for a second interview. My second interview had to be rescheduled a couple times but I finally had my interview with the General Manager. He went over my assessment and had a few more basic interview questions and then offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• There were math questions on the assessment which threw me off because I applied for a cook position. The rest of the interview questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Red Lobster (Coralville, IA) in March 2007.

Interview

I walked in and asked for an application, filled it out, and asked to speak with the culinary manager. I talked to her, anwered her basic questions (why do you want to work here, what do you like about Red Lobster, have you worked as a line cook before). I had previous line cook experience, and they were hiring (they're always hiring), so they asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable, depending on experience. Also, be clear and upfront about what days and hours you can work to avoid schedule conflicts.