Red Lobster

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – I have a lot of management experience so it was a no brainier to hire me. I interviewed with the Talent Acquisition team then with 2 Director of Operations. After my back ground check was passed..*whew thank god* and i passed my drug check *also another close one* they offered me the job. I like the fact I get paid every week. I would say I like the fact that once they got to know me the care about where I work they want me to be successful, my previous employer was not like that at all more of a SINK or SWIM situation.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your morals were tested dealing with an employee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i told them what I wanted and what i felt I was worth they came in 8,000 under i came down 2,000 from my offer they came up 5,500 more and i said ok lol.

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2010.

Interview Details – Be sure to review the company's website- become familiar with the core values of respect, integrity, genuine caring, hospitality, and teamwork. Research the company background (started in 1968 in Lakeland, FL), and understand the "people first" culture of the company. Be honest and candid!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were unhappy with a previous job position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One phone call, accepted immediately upon offer

Gadsden, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview and Hiring process is very well organized. Awesome M.I.T. program with good support. Questions are not that hard just need to answer with confidence. Give a lot of details about past history.

Interview Question – Not really none. But you of course will be giving a phone interview first, then an online assessment test, then a personal interview with an Area Director of Operations. If you can transfer anywhere and move around you have a better opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was very easy they will listen to what you have to counter offer is and work with you

Restaurant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – A telephone interview that went for a hour. Then a second interview that went two hours. The third interview felt more like a formality with the general manager of the location that I was going to.

Interview Question – Not really a difficult question I blew them away   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate they gave me more than i was asking for.

Very Easy Interview

North Haven, CT

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2012.

Interview Details – This was a promotional interview for me. It consisted of a series of 3 interviews, the first being with the regional General Managers, the second was a phone interview with the person in charge of hiring managers and the last was with the Director of Operations.

Interview Question – List your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 hours online test, telephonic interview , 1:1 interview

Interview Question – No difficult questions for experienced Manager   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they dint offer me a job

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in August 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was basic intro and had 2nd Interview for Restaurant Manager with Director Operation after half an hour interview she passed the interview on to Restaurant Gen Manager, total interview was basic standard leadership and routine situational questioned were asked....

Interview Question – They have no difficult question at all , its all standard your aptitude test ie: positive thinking , holistic approach   View Answer

Restaurant Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2009.

Interview Details – Process started with a Talent Acquisition person calling you and doing a preliminary. Then they set up an interview with a Director of Operations (manages multiple Red Lobsters). If you pass that, you come back for a second and then he/she gives you an assessment test. If you pass, they do a background & drug test and then if that comes back clean they offer you a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an irate guest and what did you do to remedy the situation?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you knew a co-manager was doing something unethical, such as stealing or sleeping with one of the crew?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for 45 and got 42.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lobster Restaurant Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Lobster employees and interview candidates.