Red Lobster

Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.3

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online and got an email 4 days later saying "We would like to speak with you! Please contact a manager within 2 days to set up an interview." Of course, I was really excited because I like Red Lobster and really wanted to work there.

Now I will preface this by saying I have no serving experience but I do have 5-6 years of retail/sales/customer service/some food industry experience. So it's not like I'm fresh out of high school looking for a job....

I went in 2 days later and met with the server's manager. She was actually pretty awesome. It was a fantastic interview. There were really no tough questions, just tried to get to know me and my experience and see how I would fit in. After about a 20 minute conversation, she said "Are you free to come back Tuesday for a second interview with the GM? I love your energy and your work experience."

Obviously I left there with some confidence in myself and the possibilities.

Fast forward to Tuesday......
I came back and walked in 5 minutes before my interview to sit and wait behind 2 other people. Annoying, yes. But this is a serving job at a mid-level restaurant, that's really not a big deal at all. Then after about 30 minutes of sitting and faking a smile to the hostess to not show any nerves or anything, he finally came out from the last interview and called my name.

And it all went down from there. This Good Sir could not form a complete sentence the entire time. He was bumbling with every question he asked me and when I would answer he would barely look like he was giving any attention to what I said. Not to mention, a GM should PROBABLY have some questions ready to go when they are doing mass interviews like this.........There was a minuteish gap in between every question where he stuttered and bumbled along trying to think of the next question to ask. Really throws good energy and great work experience for a loop when it's like that. Then after stumbling his way through like a drunkard on Christmas morn, he finally said, "Thanks for your time, you will get a call from [Manager] who is involved with paperwork and all that at 5 on Thursday (2 days later)." And he, in fact, even writes down on my application "Call back @ 5 on Thursday".

No call. No email. No dice. Such is the way of things I suppose. A+ for the manager, F for the GM. They missed out too, I was really excited to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions
  • Sell me your favorite meal here and sell me a drink.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online. The next day I got an email saying to call & setup an interview with a manager. Called the next day & had an interview 2 days later. Interview went great, called me back 2 hours after the interview to set up a second interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

This particular red lobster is very slow

Server Interview

I applied on a Wednesday and I called to set up an interview the next day (with no emails saying to). I spoke to the GM who said he'll look at my application and he should get to me by that day or tomorrow. He called me 15 minutes later and asked if I could come for an interview on Tuesday. For the interview I spoke to the GM and another manager separately and they spoke privately to one another and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't the restaurant I currently worked for want to promote me to being a server   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Lobster.

2 interviews same day. Both managers were very nice and represented the company well. I got hired that day and came to work a few days later for my first day. Training process was not great and it took a long time. I had to take charge of my training. Trainers were more interested in gossiping then training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in October 2014.

I was selected for an interview. I made it there 30 minutes early. The questions were very easy and staight forward. I was nervous. My overall experience was good. It took an entire week until I heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • How would I provide great customer service?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

First you must fill out the online application. It is a long application with a personality test at the end. Once the managers have decided that you would be a fit you are called in for a first interview. After your first interview you meet with the general manager. If he approves, you are then hired.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was, "Do you have any felonies?". After your no response the manager then asks you, "Why not?"   Answer Question

Server Interview

interview wasnt that hard, got hired relatively fast. Walked in, said hi, he told me what was needed, when it was need, it was easy. Always put emphasis on teamwork and make customers the most important criteria and youll be good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

Talked for a good 35 min,asked me many questions. Asked if i would be ok to train as long as it takes. Everything pointed in the right direction as he kept asking questions and nodding yes to me. I was then told by the service manager that if the GM wanted to move forward then i would receive a 2nd email to schedule a 2nd interview but that the gm was on vacation and it could take a couple days. I was dressed very nice, pressed white dress shirt,black pants and a $125 pair of clarks... Im a former general restaurant manager and plenty of serving experience... plenty qualified enough for red lobster.... I get an email 25 min after i walk out the door from darden saying after "careful" consideration I will not be offered employment at this time??? I contacted every reference I had and they said no one ever call them. I have no idea why this happened. the interview went great. what happened to the GM reviewing my application?? why was a decision made that quick?

Interview Questions
    • name a time a guest was unhappy and you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

"Server" Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Online then a face to face then hired a day later there was a group during the interview kinda overwhelming knowing that some would get hired and others would not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in May 2014.

I applied at 2:00 AM and I received a phone call that same day around 1:00 PM to schedule an interview, the General Manager wanted me to come in that same day, but I scheduled for the next day. I had my first interview then I had my second interview immediately after the first one. I received a phone call a few hours that I had been selected for the position. I was very happy and pleased. The training was excellent, my managers wanted to make sure I was more than comfortable before I was by myself on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • There was no very difficult question. They asked me standard questions.   Answer Question