Red Lobster

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 step interview process with questions asked about previous employment, what kind of person are you, and how would you fit in with the company. Why did you choose to apply for the company.

Negotiation Details – None

Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – First you must fill out the online application. It is a long application with a personality test at the end. Once the managers have decided that you would be a fit you are called in for a first interview. After your first interview you meet with the general manager. If he approves, you are then hired.

Interview Question – The hardest question was, "Do you have any felonies?". After your no response the manager then asks you, "Why not?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – interview wasnt that hard, got hired relatively fast. Walked in, said hi, he told me what was needed, when it was need, it was easy. Always put emphasis on teamwork and make customers the most important criteria and youll be good.

Asheville, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

Interview Details – Talked for a good 35 min,asked me many questions. Asked if i would be ok to train as long as it takes. Everything pointed in the right direction as he kept asking questions and nodding yes to me. I was then told by the service manager that if the GM wanted to move forward then i would receive a 2nd email to schedule a 2nd interview but that the gm was on vacation and it could take a couple days. I was dressed very nice, pressed white dress shirt,black pants and a $125 pair of clarks... Im a former general restaurant manager and plenty of serving experience... plenty qualified enough for red lobster.... I get an email 25 min after i walk out the door from darden saying after "careful" consideration I will not be offered employment at this time??? I contacted every reference I had and they said no one ever call them. I have no idea why this happened. the interview went great. what happened to the GM reviewing my application?? why was a decision made that quick?

Interview Question – name a time a guest was unhappy and you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Elyria, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very short interview with one manager at first. they don't ask many relevant questions or anything to assist them in hiring . quite pointless. dress nice and be confident is all that they want

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any room for negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2012.

Interview Details – Attended mass interview on recruiting day. Interviewed with front of house manager and general manager. Interview was pleasant and quick. I was one of several dozen scheduled for the same time. The process was very simple but I had to wait a long time before speaking to anyone.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was regarding handling difficult customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

"Server" Interview

"Server"

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Online then a face to face then hired a day later there was a group during the interview kinda overwhelming knowing that some would get hired and others would not

Interview Question – Why do I want to work here?   Answer Question

Evansville, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on Sunday and got an email from them on Tuesday saying they wanted to interview me. So I called and was told to come in on Friday. The first manager said he liked me at the end on the interview so I had to come back on Tuesday to have my second interview with the general manager. The second interview went well and he said he would call me in two days for a job offer after he checked my reference from the previous restaurant I worked at. They didn't call me that week, so I assumed I didn't get the job. Then two weeks later, the manager from the first interview called me with a job offer. I guess I shouldn't have had any doubts since Darden will email you if they don't want you. The interview was what you would expect for a server like define great customer service, what would you do to provide great customer service to guests, and how you handle disputes between coworkers.

Interview Question – There was really nothing difficult..Every question what you would expect them to ask you if you're applying as a server.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations you get paid $2.13 an hour and live off your tips.

Concord, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2010.

Interview Details – Easy hiring process, one or two interviews max. Training takes about 2 weeks for average employee

Interview Question – No difficult questions to my remembrance   Answer Question

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – i returned to my job so i only had to interview one manager, the GM. Once that was done, i immediately started again. No retraining or anything, just one day to show me where everything in the store was located.

Interview Question – no difficult question was asked.   Answer Question

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!