Red Lobster

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.3

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online. The next day I got an email saying to call & setup an interview with a manager. Called the next day & had an interview 2 days later. Interview went great, called me back 2 hours after the interview to set up a second interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

This particular red lobster is very slow

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Server Interview

I applied on a Wednesday and I called to set up an interview the next day (with no emails saying to). I spoke to the GM who said he'll look at my application and he should get to me by that day or tomorrow. He called me 15 minutes later and asked if I could come for an interview on Tuesday. For the interview I spoke to the GM and another manager separately and they spoke privately to one another and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't the restaurant I currently worked for want to promote me to being a server   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Lobster.

2 interviews same day. Both managers were very nice and represented the company well. I got hired that day and came to work a few days later for my first day. Training process was not great and it took a long time. I had to take charge of my training. Trainers were more interested in gossiping then training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in October 2014.

I was selected for an interview. I made it there 30 minutes early. The questions were very easy and staight forward. I was nervous. My overall experience was good. It took an entire week until I heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • How would I provide great customer service?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

First you must fill out the online application. It is a long application with a personality test at the end. Once the managers have decided that you would be a fit you are called in for a first interview. After your first interview you meet with the general manager. If he approves, you are then hired.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was, "Do you have any felonies?". After your no response the manager then asks you, "Why not?"   Answer Question

Server Interview

interview wasnt that hard, got hired relatively fast. Walked in, said hi, he told me what was needed, when it was need, it was easy. Always put emphasis on teamwork and make customers the most important criteria and youll be good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

Talked for a good 35 min,asked me many questions. Asked if i would be ok to train as long as it takes. Everything pointed in the right direction as he kept asking questions and nodding yes to me. I was then told by the service manager that if the GM wanted to move forward then i would receive a 2nd email to schedule a 2nd interview but that the gm was on vacation and it could take a couple days. I was dressed very nice, pressed white dress shirt,black pants and a $125 pair of clarks... Im a former general restaurant manager and plenty of serving experience... plenty qualified enough for red lobster.... I get an email 25 min after i walk out the door from darden saying after "careful" consideration I will not be offered employment at this time??? I contacted every reference I had and they said no one ever call them. I have no idea why this happened. the interview went great. what happened to the GM reviewing my application?? why was a decision made that quick?

Interview Questions
    • name a time a guest was unhappy and you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

"Server" Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Online then a face to face then hired a day later there was a group during the interview kinda overwhelming knowing that some would get hired and others would not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in May 2014.

I applied at 2:00 AM and I received a phone call that same day around 1:00 PM to schedule an interview, the General Manager wanted me to come in that same day, but I scheduled for the next day. I had my first interview then I had my second interview immediately after the first one. I received a phone call a few hours that I had been selected for the position. I was very happy and pleased. The training was excellent, my managers wanted to make sure I was more than comfortable before I was by myself on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • There was no very difficult question. They asked me standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in April 2014.

I applied online on Sunday and got an email from them on Tuesday saying they wanted to interview me. So I called and was told to come in on Friday. The first manager said he liked me at the end on the interview so I had to come back on Tuesday to have my second interview with the general manager. The second interview went well and he said he would call me in two days for a job offer after he checked my reference from the previous restaurant I worked at. They didn't call me that week, so I assumed I didn't get the job. Then two weeks later, the manager from the first interview called me with a job offer. I guess I shouldn't have had any doubts since Darden will email you if they don't want you. The interview was what you would expect for a server like define great customer service, what would you do to provide great customer service to guests, and how you handle disputes between coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • There was really nothing difficult..Every question what you would expect them to ask you if you're applying as a server.   Answer Question
    No negotiations you get paid $2.13 an hour and live off your tips.