Red Lobster

Getting the Interview

45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Concord, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2010.

Interview Details – Easy hiring process, one or two interviews max. Training takes about 2 weeks for average employee

Interview Question – No difficult questions to my remembrance   Answer Question

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – i returned to my job so i only had to interview one manager, the GM. Once that was done, i immediately started again. No retraining or anything, just one day to show me where everything in the store was located.

Interview Question – no difficult question was asked.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Very by the book and simple. Easy and anticipated interview questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a former manager. There are two interviews taken place at two different times with two different managers. Interview process is very typical. The questions were mostly situational and behavioral.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are mostly related to whether or not your willing to cross train (AKA work in the kitchen). They like versatile employees since the restaurant world is so unpredictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a servers wage.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recieved email a few days later stating to call and set up an interview time with a manager. Called the same day and my time was 3pm the next day. Arrived to the interview 15 minutes early. interviewed with the manager then he asked could I stay for a second interview. My second interview took place a few minutes later with the managers boss. He then asked me more of pretty the same questions as the first interviewer. He then offered me the position and set up my orientation which is next week!

Interview Question – Why red lobsters? What is your favorite dish on our menu? Why did you leave your last job? What does good customer service mean to you? What does teamwork mean to you? Name a time when you've had to deal with an upset customer in your last position? Any serving experience? Why should we hire you? What are some characteristics a server should have?   View Answer

Pueblo, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in December 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an application with SnagaJob, and received an email saying they would like to interview me for an open position, and to call the number to set it up. One minute later, I received another email saying essentially "Thanks, but no thanks," like many Snagajob openings send. I was confused so I went with the interview one, and called to schedule an interview on a day that worked around my current job.
I set the interview for 2:30pm with one of the managers on the phone, however when confirming, she said 3:30pm. So I repeated 2:30pm to make sure she had the time right, because i had work too soon after 3:30pm to schedule an interview. She said she was wrong and she had scheduled it at 2:30pm.
So I showed up at 2:30pm and waited for an hour. She had scheduled it for 3:30. I was called to speak to sit at a table and speak to a very pleasant women at about 3:40. She asked the usual questions and seemed very friendly, positive, and I thought she really liked me. The whole interview took about ten minutes and she said she would call my references for a followup.

Interview Question – Just the usual "Tell me about a time when you dealt with an unsatisfied guest."   Answer Question

Norman, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2011.

Interview Details – Start with an application online. Probably have to wait up to 2 weeks for call from a manager. Interview. Than a full uniform orientation.

Interview Question – What leadership roles have you had in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They start you out at a base pay.

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – This was a very easy interview. They just asked about your experience and what kind of stress you could handle. They also wanted to know your plans for the future. Darden is always looking to promote from with in. I met with the service manager, then the general manager, followed by the area director because he was in the building at the time. I was then offered the position

Interview Question – asked to sell them something   Answer Question

Server

I applied in-person and interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – One in person interview. Looking for professional dress. The questions are geared towards your ability to think on the spot and customer service situations. Personality test required

Interview Question – How would you deal with a belligerent customer.   Answer Question

North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called for interview a week later. Was asked a bunch of situational questions and was told that if offered a position, it would be as a server assistant due to my not working in the past 6 months. Was told that he would make a decision within a few days. Received an email within 25 minutes informing me that they could not offer me a position.

Interview Question – Try to "sell" him one of my favorite menu items from the last place that I had worked.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lobster Server interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Lobster employees and interview candidates.