Red Lobster

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Elyria, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very short interview with one manager at first. they don't ask many relevant questions or anything to assist them in hiring . quite pointless. dress nice and be confident is all that they want

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any room for negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster in June 2012.

Interview Details – Attended mass interview on recruiting day. Interviewed with front of house manager and general manager. Interview was pleasant and quick. I was one of several dozen scheduled for the same time. The process was very simple but I had to wait a long time before speaking to anyone.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was regarding handling difficult customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

"Server" Interview

"Server"

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Online then a face to face then hired a day later there was a group during the interview kinda overwhelming knowing that some would get hired and others would not

Interview Question – Why do I want to work here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Evansville, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on Sunday and got an email from them on Tuesday saying they wanted to interview me. So I called and was told to come in on Friday. The first manager said he liked me at the end on the interview so I had to come back on Tuesday to have my second interview with the general manager. The second interview went well and he said he would call me in two days for a job offer after he checked my reference from the previous restaurant I worked at. They didn't call me that week, so I assumed I didn't get the job. Then two weeks later, the manager from the first interview called me with a job offer. I guess I shouldn't have had any doubts since Darden will email you if they don't want you. The interview was what you would expect for a server like define great customer service, what would you do to provide great customer service to guests, and how you handle disputes between coworkers.

Interview Question – There was really nothing difficult..Every question what you would expect them to ask you if you're applying as a server.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations you get paid $2.13 an hour and live off your tips.

Concord, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in September 2010.

Interview Details – Easy hiring process, one or two interviews max. Training takes about 2 weeks for average employee

Interview Question – No difficult questions to my remembrance   Answer Question

Interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview Details – i returned to my job so i only had to interview one manager, the GM. Once that was done, i immediately started again. No retraining or anything, just one day to show me where everything in the store was located.

Interview Question – no difficult question was asked.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview Details – Very by the book and simple. Easy and anticipated interview questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a former manager. There are two interviews taken place at two different times with two different managers. Interview process is very typical. The questions were mostly situational and behavioral.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are mostly related to whether or not your willing to cross train (AKA work in the kitchen). They like versatile employees since the restaurant world is so unpredictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a servers wage.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recieved email a few days later stating to call and set up an interview time with a manager. Called the same day and my time was 3pm the next day. Arrived to the interview 15 minutes early. interviewed with the manager then he asked could I stay for a second interview. My second interview took place a few minutes later with the managers boss. He then asked me more of pretty the same questions as the first interviewer. He then offered me the position and set up my orientation which is next week!

Interview Question – Why red lobsters? What is your favorite dish on our menu? Why did you leave your last job? What does good customer service mean to you? What does teamwork mean to you? Name a time when you've had to deal with an upset customer in your last position? Any serving experience? Why should we hire you? What are some characteristics a server should have?   View Answer

Pueblo, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in December 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an application with SnagaJob, and received an email saying they would like to interview me for an open position, and to call the number to set it up. One minute later, I received another email saying essentially "Thanks, but no thanks," like many Snagajob openings send. I was confused so I went with the interview one, and called to schedule an interview on a day that worked around my current job.
I set the interview for 2:30pm with one of the managers on the phone, however when confirming, she said 3:30pm. So I repeated 2:30pm to make sure she had the time right, because i had work too soon after 3:30pm to schedule an interview. She said she was wrong and she had scheduled it at 2:30pm.
So I showed up at 2:30pm and waited for an hour. She had scheduled it for 3:30. I was called to speak to sit at a table and speak to a very pleasant women at about 3:40. She asked the usual questions and seemed very friendly, positive, and I thought she really liked me. The whole interview took about ten minutes and she said she would call my references for a followup.

Interview Question – Just the usual "Tell me about a time when you dealt with an unsatisfied guest."   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Lobster Server interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Lobster employees and interview candidates.