Red Lobster Server Interview Questions

2.3

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

First you must fill out the online application. It is a long application with a personality test at the end. Once the managers have decided that you would be a fit you are called in for a first interview. After your first interview you meet with the general manager. If he approves, you are then hired.

Interview Questions
  • The hardest question was, "Do you have any felonies?". After your no response the manager then asks you, "Why not?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Lobster

Server Interview

interview wasnt that hard, got hired relatively fast. Walked in, said hi, he told me what was needed, when it was need, it was easy. Always put emphasis on teamwork and make customers the most important criteria and youll be good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in July 2014.

Talked for a good 35 min,asked me many questions. Asked if i would be ok to train as long as it takes. Everything pointed in the right direction as he kept asking questions and nodding yes to me. I was then told by the service manager that if the GM wanted to move forward then i would receive a 2nd email to schedule a 2nd interview but that the gm was on vacation and it could take a couple days. I was dressed very nice, pressed white dress shirt,black pants and a $125 pair of clarks... Im a former general restaurant manager and plenty of serving experience... plenty qualified enough for red lobster.... I get an email 25 min after i walk out the door from darden saying after "careful" consideration I will not be offered employment at this time??? I contacted every reference I had and they said no one ever call them. I have no idea why this happened. the interview went great. what happened to the GM reviewing my application?? why was a decision made that quick?

Interview Questions
    • name a time a guest was unhappy and you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

"Server" Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Online then a face to face then hired a day later there was a group during the interview kinda overwhelming knowing that some would get hired and others would not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in May 2014.

I applied at 2:00 AM and I received a phone call that same day around 1:00 PM to schedule an interview, the General Manager wanted me to come in that same day, but I scheduled for the next day. I had my first interview then I had my second interview immediately after the first one. I received a phone call a few hours that I had been selected for the position. I was very happy and pleased. The training was excellent, my managers wanted to make sure I was more than comfortable before I was by myself on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • There was no very difficult question. They asked me standard questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in April 2014.

I applied online on Sunday and got an email from them on Tuesday saying they wanted to interview me. So I called and was told to come in on Friday. The first manager said he liked me at the end on the interview so I had to come back on Tuesday to have my second interview with the general manager. The second interview went well and he said he would call me in two days for a job offer after he checked my reference from the previous restaurant I worked at. They didn't call me that week, so I assumed I didn't get the job. Then two weeks later, the manager from the first interview called me with a job offer. I guess I shouldn't have had any doubts since Darden will email you if they don't want you. The interview was what you would expect for a server like define great customer service, what would you do to provide great customer service to guests, and how you handle disputes between coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • There was really nothing difficult..Every question what you would expect them to ask you if you're applying as a server.   Answer Question
    No negotiations you get paid $2.13 an hour and live off your tips.

Server Interview

i returned to my job so i only had to interview one manager, the GM. Once that was done, i immediately started again. No retraining or anything, just one day to show me where everything in the store was located.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Very by the book and simple. Easy and anticipated interview questions

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in February 2014.

Applied online. Recieved email a few days later stating to call and set up an interview time with a manager. Called the same day and my time was 3pm the next day. Arrived to the interview 15 minutes early. interviewed with the manager then he asked could I stay for a second interview. My second interview took place a few minutes later with the managers boss. He then asked me more of pretty the same questions as the first interviewer. He then offered me the position and set up my orientation which is next week!

Interview Questions
    • Why red lobsters? What is your favorite dish on our menu? Why did you leave your last job? What does good customer service mean to you? What does teamwork mean to you? Name a time when you've had to deal with an upset customer in your last position? Any serving experience? Why should we hire you? What are some characteristics a server should have?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Lobster.

This was a very easy interview. They just asked about your experience and what kind of stress you could handle. They also wanted to know your plans for the future. Darden is always looking to promote from with in. I met with the service manager, then the general manager, followed by the area director because he was in the building at the time. I was then offered the position