Red Lobster

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montgomery, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in February 2009.

Interview Details – They are very friendly and professional,offered drinks and food during the application process, I had to take a math test which told me they were very thorough about the employees being able to handle money, I left after the application and math test. I was then called for my first interview with the assistant manager they asked questions regarding my past experience and how to handle some customer situations that can arise the assistant manager then got up and got the general manager for the final interview which was similar questioning just different scenarios. We shook hands then I was told to come back the nex day to start orientation and training.

Interview Question – If you were off work and hanging out with some of your co workers and one of them said that they had taken some extra money from the drawer would you still say something to the manager the next day or would you just avoid the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a smooth phase the pay was fair and benefits were good as well.

Lansdale, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Lobster in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an e-mail about a week later asking me to call if I was interested in being interviewed. I call to set up an appointment. Two other people were actually sent home because of visible tattoos (against policy).

I was interviewed and offered a Hostess position and was told I would stay here until I worked my way up as a waiter (which could take up to 6 months or 2 weeks).

Interview Question – Questions were very simple. What so you want to work here. Tell is about yourself. If I could suggest something it would be to really put your personality on display. They want someone who customers will love and if they don't think you are that person in the interview, they probably wont consider you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered a different position than applied for

Sugar Land, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Lobster in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was grouped with a few other candidates, we were interviewing for various positions (waitstaff, bartender, host) We did a few menu tests, interviews with the gm, and for the most part it was easier because you had people going through the same process as you.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Waiter

The process took a day - interviewed at Red Lobster in January 2007.

Interview Details – they asked me for experience in other restaurants and if i could work well under preasure and to have good relations with my coworkers and clients, it was very simple and i was called the next day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Red Lobster? Contribute to the Community!