Red Mango

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

1.5

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Mango.

Personal Interview with a 1:1 interview with the owner. Very friendly and family oriented environment. Interview questions were simple and were used to determine character and communication skills. After the interview, a quick "tour" of the store followed where I was introduced to the staff and taken to the backroom to see the typical work environment.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Mango.

2 interviews consisting of 30 minutes each. Was asked, "If you were an elf and your were stuck in a blender, how would you get out?" Must posses strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor and ability to laugh.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very elementary. Standard questions about goals, hours and salary. Aim high, as they seem to underpay everyone.   Answer Question
    Aim high. The company is extremely small and you will be working many hours.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Mango.

The interview went pretty well. They asked me to sit down where they were doing multiple interviews. There were 3 managers each of them interviewing someone. It was really quick, around 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know why Red Mango is good for you ?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Red Mango in June 2013.

I never even met the person that hired me, it was all over email. There was not an interview. They needed more workers, found my application online, emailed me and bam, I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Mango in May 2013.

Very straight forward questions. Employer wants to know what your educational level is and what experience you have. It wasn't anything intimidating or difficult. Just walk in and be professional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Mango in April 2013.

i got a text message saying to meet them at the mall at a certain hour. nothing else. when i responded asking who it was they said it was the red mango from the mall near by. i found it very shady that i didn't get an actual call. once there he barely asked me for anything, only question he did ask was if i had work in the food service before. i said yes and he hired me. or so i thought. told me to come in the next day. didn't tell me i needed a red shirt so i had to walk the mall and buy one. it was just very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    nothing really to negotiate. i quit shortly after, worse management by far.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Mango in March 2013.

filled out their online app and had an interview set within a week. Sat down with the franchise owner's wife for about half an hour. Very friendly and sold the position well. My next sit down was with the owner and further overview of what he expected from the employees, how he ran things and how he felt about the business.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had an unsatisfied customer and how did you(if you did) fix the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Mango in March 2013.

I was contacted via email by the manager and asked to come in to talk after class about possible employment. The word "interview" was never used, but we sat and talked for about 10 minutes and then I was asked if I would like to & had time to fill out some of the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about being a team player and working with others, but nothing was too challenging to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Mango in January 2013.

The interview was probably the easiest I've gone on. It was very relaxed and laid back. I walked into the mall and the 2 assistant managers met me at a table in the food court. They were both younger girls around my age (22), very bubbly and talkative. They talked about what goes on daily at the shop, that it includes a high-level of perfection because everything needs to stay neat. Every associate moves around to different stations throughout the day instead of sticking to one area. The interview wasn't formal at all, and instead they talked a lot about store policies (dealing with children, dealing with rude customers, no texting or you immediately get fired, no cattiness, work schedule, free yogurt when you're working, etc.) and then I asked questions as we had a conversation. Then the owner/main manager came over and talked to me. I had already asked all of my prepared questions when he came over so I had to think up questions to ask him. After we finished speaking, they gave me a tour of the back rooms where the storage is, and I got to see how the machines worked. I got along really well with all the workers and the manager, and he seemed positive that I would get hired. He said he would call/email within a few days to follow up. After a week passed, I decided to email him, and he said that an influx of resumes came in so they were still considering people, and that they would contact me within another week. Well, I still haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming I didn't get an offer or they just forgot about me.

To wrap up, the interview was super easy and relaxed. Just make sure to ask lots of questions (What is your key demographic? Busiest times of the day? Most popular flavor?) And I know it's cheesy, but be yourself and let your personality shine through! This is a place where they want positive, upbeat people who truly like working customer service. Although I didn't get THIS job, I might apply for another opening in the future. The company seems easy to work for. Even if you don't get the job, it's good interview practice.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever eaten here? How often do you come in? What's your favorite flavor?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Mango in January 2013.

I filled out an application online and received a phone call to schedule an interview. The store was just opening at the time, so they were holding plenty of interviews. There was one interview and it was very straight forward, no surprises. All general questions such as "tell us about yourself" and such. Then once I got hired, there was training. Like I said, the store was new, so we had like a mass training event. It was a couple days long, but it really wasn't that bad.

Interview Questions
    • I remember there being one question about customer service, I don't remember the exact wording, but it had something to do with either helping a customer who has never been in the store before or perhaps someone who had special dietary needs. Just think about customer service.   Answer Question