Red Mango

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Mango in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was asked about school, reason for wanting to work there, and what kind of experience I provide for the customers. Then proceeded to ask me about other simple questions such as schedule and interest in company.

Interview Question – What my future plans were   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just accepted offer.

Williamsville, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Mango in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward questions. Employer wants to know what your educational level is and what experience you have. It wasn't anything intimidating or difficult. Just walk in and be professional

Interview Question – What customer service roles have you held?   Answer Question

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Mango in January 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and received a phone call to schedule an interview. The store was just opening at the time, so they were holding plenty of interviews. There was one interview and it was very straight forward, no surprises. All general questions such as "tell us about yourself" and such. Then once I got hired, there was training. Like I said, the store was new, so we had like a mass training event. It was a couple days long, but it really wasn't that bad.

Interview Question – I remember there being one question about customer service, I don't remember the exact wording, but it had something to do with either helping a customer who has never been in the store before or perhaps someone who had special dietary needs. Just think about customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Mango.

Interview Details – Personal Interview with a 1:1 interview with the owner. Very friendly and family oriented environment. Interview questions were simple and were used to determine character and communication skills. After the interview, a quick "tour" of the store followed where I was introduced to the staff and taken to the backroom to see the typical work environment.

Interview Question – How would your parents describe you?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Mango in August 2010.

Interview Details – Once application form is filled, they review the forms and call the ones who fit for the job.

Interview Question – They simply ask for the previous experiences with customer service like Red Mango.   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Mango in April 2013.

Interview Details – i got a text message saying to meet them at the mall at a certain hour. nothing else. when i responded asking who it was they said it was the red mango from the mall near by. i found it very shady that i didn't get an actual call. once there he barely asked me for anything, only question he did ask was if i had work in the food service before. i said yes and he hired me. or so i thought. told me to come in the next day. didn't tell me i needed a red shirt so i had to walk the mall and buy one. it was just very unprofessional.

Interview Question – nothing difficult was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing really to negotiate. i quit shortly after, worse management by far.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Mango.

Interview Details – 2 interviews consisting of 30 minutes each. Was asked, "If you were an elf and your were stuck in a blender, how would you get out?" Must posses strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor and ability to laugh.

Interview Question – Interview was very elementary. Standard questions about goals, hours and salary. Aim high, as they seem to underpay everyone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Aim high. The company is extremely small and you will be working many hours.

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Mango.

Interview Details – The interview went pretty well. They asked me to sit down where they were doing multiple interviews. There were 3 managers each of them interviewing someone. It was really quick, around 5 minutes.

Interview Question – Do you know why Red Mango is good for you ?   View Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
College Station, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Mango in February 2012.

Interview Details – Red Mango managers are all fantastic, very friendly and will look at your resume in great detail. They may take some time to get to you or sometimes forget to give a call back. But give them a call and perhaps go to the store and talk to them in person and you will be well recieved.

Interview Question – very basic, they do like to know if you can handle multiple things at once. Being a multitasked and organized is a must.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very open, they asked how much i wish to receive and they gave me a better offer than expected.

Bloomington, IN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Mango in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email by the manager and asked to come in to talk after class about possible employment. The word "interview" was never used, but we sat and talked for about 10 minutes and then I was asked if I would like to & had time to fill out some of the paperwork.

Interview Question – I was asked about being a team player and working with others, but nothing was too challenging to answer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Mango

Worked for Red Mango? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Mango interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Mango employees and interview candidates.