Red Robin

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

The first interview was with the shift lead. If you pass that then you interview with the assistant manager. After that an interview with the GM, he makes the final call if you are hired or not.

Like any other restaurant job.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Robin in May 2008.

I came in with a resume and dressed nicely, seeking a position as a busboy. The manager agreed to sit down and see me. I suppose it was my job to lose the moment I sat down with him because he asked me easy questions, mostly centered around my restaurant experience, and offered me the job soon after.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a difficult situation you encountered in your last restaurant job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They offered and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in May 2007.

After my Freshman year of college I was looking for a job, so I spent a few days going door to door to fill out applications. Red Robin had a standard application, and I filled it out on site. I gave it to the manager on duty who said that they would keep the application on file for up to a year and if I didn't hear anything from them in three weeks to give them a call to check on the status. Three weeks later I still hadn't heard anything, so I decided to stop by the restaurant. I told the manager on duty that I had applied three weeks ago, but still hadn't heard anything. She immediately invited me to sit down at a booth and have an interview. We discussed my previous jobs as well as my teamwork skills. She also asked a lot of the standard interview questions. All in all it was about a 20 minute interview. At the end she mentioned that it is normally a three interview process, but since she liked me well enough we would skip the 2nd interview. She scheduled me a one on one interview with the GM of the restaurant for a few days later. This interview was very similar to the first one with questions about my past experience and how I worked as a team. Teamwork is a skill that the company values greatly. They also are a very strong company when it comes to customer service, so that is a great point to sell yourself on as well. This interview lasted about 20 minutes as well and at the end the GM offered me the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • They asked quite a few questions about how I would handle a certain situation.   View Answer
    • How are your teamwork skills?   View Answer
    All employees except cooks and managers earn minimum wage. We had some servers that had been there over 8 years and they were still making minimum. Tips more than make up for the lack of wage though.

Busboy Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin in March 2010.

Dropped off application in person, followed up within a week and had and two one on one interviews in about an hour.