Red Robin

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Eugene, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2008.

Interview Details – I came in with a resume and dressed nicely, seeking a position as a busboy. The manager agreed to sit down and see me. I suppose it was my job to lose the moment I sat down with him because he asked me easy questions, mostly centered around my restaurant experience, and offered me the job soon after.

Interview Question – What is an example of a difficult situation you encountered in your last restaurant job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offered and I accepted.

Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2007.

Interview Details – After my Freshman year of college I was looking for a job, so I spent a few days going door to door to fill out applications. Red Robin had a standard application, and I filled it out on site. I gave it to the manager on duty who said that they would keep the application on file for up to a year and if I didn't hear anything from them in three weeks to give them a call to check on the status. Three weeks later I still hadn't heard anything, so I decided to stop by the restaurant. I told the manager on duty that I had applied three weeks ago, but still hadn't heard anything. She immediately invited me to sit down at a booth and have an interview. We discussed my previous jobs as well as my teamwork skills. She also asked a lot of the standard interview questions. All in all it was about a 20 minute interview. At the end she mentioned that it is normally a three interview process, but since she liked me well enough we would skip the 2nd interview. She scheduled me a one on one interview with the GM of the restaurant for a few days later. This interview was very similar to the first one with questions about my past experience and how I worked as a team. Teamwork is a skill that the company values greatly. They also are a very strong company when it comes to customer service, so that is a great point to sell yourself on as well. This interview lasted about 20 minutes as well and at the end the GM offered me the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked quite a few questions about how I would handle a certain situation.   View Answer
  • How are your teamwork skills?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – All employees except cooks and managers earn minimum wage. We had some servers that had been there over 8 years and they were still making minimum. Tips more than make up for the lack of wage though.

Busboy

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in March 2010.

Interview Details – Dropped off application in person, followed up within a week and had and two one on one interviews in about an hour.

Interview Questions

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!