Red Robin

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Host

I applied online and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone call about two days later asking to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview a week later. The manager was very nice and courteous. He asked the basic interview questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, what would co-workers say about you, what is your definition of excellent customer service, how would you handle upset customers, etc.

Interview Question – What can you do to make your customer service better than others?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called in for an in-person interview that same week. I was interviewed by three separate managers, the first (what I later found out to be a "mid" manager) and second I felt were mainly to keep me occupied until the third and main interviewer, the General Manager. They were all pretty friendly. After speaking with each for a few minutes about my application, why I was applying, where I was in my life (e.g. high school grad, where I was going after high school, what I wanted to do) and what I wanted to get out of the job, I was offered a starting job as a host with an hourly pay of $7.75 (a rate that varies amongst the hospos, I've discovered).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself going with this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was completely inexperienced - this was my first job in the working world, so I took what they offered me without complaint, a rate a few quarters higher than minimum wage.

Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2010.

Interview Details – Describe a situation where you had to deal with a disgruntled employee.

Interview Question – Ethical exam.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Robin

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Robin Host interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Robin employees and interview candidates.