Red Robin

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – The process was fairly easy. It was 3 interviews but my guess is if you make it to the 3rd one you're already in. They asked why you wish to work there and what you can bring to the table. I didn't think 3 interviews was necessary so don't let that discourage you.

Interview Question – Why Red Robin?
How would you handle an angry guest?
Do you have a food worker's card?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate much. Interview/hiring process was easy and helpful. Make sure to thoroughly read their contract on breaks and lunches.

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with two different managers. The first interview was great, she was prepared, and I felt it went very well. The interview with the second person was not as good. He didn't have the notes from my previous interview, didn't have my information with him, and was not prepared at all. It was very awkward. It seemed more like he was lecturing me than interviewing me. At the end of this interview he said I would get a call the next Monday or Thursday. Well a week after he said he call I decided to call to see if a decision was made and I was told he would call back (he never did). A week after that I got a call from a different manager at the same location to set up an interview. It seems that my information was never updated to show that I was interviewed and in those three weeks a decision was still not made. I'm still interested in the job, but it is ridiculous how unorganized the management at this location is. Basically I'm still waiting on the outcome and if I didn't need a job so bad I would be looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult to answer. If you are prepared they are pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Salem, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on their website. Easy, just a lot of questions about your character in multiple choice format. If you're not a hard-worker, I'd suggest "strongly agreeing" with being one anyway and saying you love fast-paced environments and teamwork and all that stuff. (But I don't lie, so I'm glad I was what they were looking for).

About a week later, I got a phone call about an interview. I missed the call... and then called back. They still let me schedule one, even though the man (assistant manager?) sounded a little impatient. Oops, but oh well.

I went in and asked for my interviewer and met the hostessing manager, and he led me to a booth in the back. Extremely casual interactions, it felt like (but I wore a black dress with short black heels, hair up in a ponytail-fishtail-braid, and nice make-up). One of the managers sat down across from me and started asking questions about my schedule (which was VERY busy, but they liked that, I think! They seemed to want a college girl with a busy social/work life...). He also asked about my best qualities (integrity, of course), and why I wanted to work there. Somewhat intimidating.
Apparently that was good enough for the first guy, though, so they sent another man to learn a little more. He was so nice! We talked about life and university and how cool RR is, pretty much. Then he told me to come back for another interview with the general manager two days later.

I didn't know if I was doing a terrible or fine job that second day... at all. Left me feeling pretty uneasy. The general manager was making jokes the whole time and being goofy, which I usually like, but it was so unexpected and it made me feel like I was one of the throw-away options. My sense of humor is probably my best trait, though, luckily! When I think about it, that's probably exactly what he was trying to find out: If I could hold conversations with all different kinds of people. Intimidating, super nice/casual, and silly. He was really great, though, and cared about me and my interests. After a couple days, I was called to come in for orientation (which is done on tablets, might I add)! Got t-shirts and nametags. The training schedule thing is a little confusing, and I wasn't called about it for a long time, it seemed. I was going to be out of town the day they said they were going to train me, sadly, but they still told me they'd get me there. I felt like a bother, but they knew I was busy based on my resumé, right?

Super nice process, super nice people, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

Interview Question – "How much do you know about Red Robin and our history?"   View Answer

Hostess

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in August 2013.

Interview Details – First sad down with one manager who talked to me about who I am, personality traits, how others would describe me, goals, etc. Then sat down with another manager who was less friendly, and more business-like (still friendly though). They asked me where I see myself in 10 years, why Red Robin and how I fit in to who Red Robin is. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Question – It was all pretty simple   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Red Robin seems like a great company to work for, with room for advancement. They give hours based on performance rather than seniority, which I think is great. I declined because I received another offer for a location closer to my home.

Lakewood, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Robin in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call back a few days later. Had an interview with one of the managers and she was really nice and made me feel comfortable. She asked "Why do you want to work here?" "Do you have open availability?" "Why should we choose you?" "Tell me 3 things you'd want me to know about you?" "Are you planning on going back to school?" "Any questions for me?" Basic stuff like that. Then she made a 2nd interview with the GM a few days later and I thought it was going alright at first but I could tell she didn't really like me for who knows what reason. I was polite and made eye contact even. She asked most of the same questions, and a couple different ones like "Do you have your food handlers card?" "What do you think your duties for this position will be like?" She just seemed somewhat uninterested. She said she would call me back no more than 4 days later, but I never heard anything at all.

Interview Question – None really, all predictable.   Answer Question

Canoga Park, CA

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the general manager and another employee sat in to listen. I guess she was the hiring manager. The interview went pretty well. It was more of a casual set up so it wasn't nerve-racking. The general manager was an old man and he seemed pretty friendly. They didn't ask any hard questions. It lasted for about 10 minutes and I wore a business casual attire.

Interview Question – Why Red Robin?
What is one thing you did in a job when you went above and beyond your usual tasks?
What is one instant when you had to deal with a difficult customer?
  Answer Question

La Habra, CA

I interviewed at Red Robin in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online...two days later i received a call to come in and get an interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We didn't negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in April 2013.

Interview Details – It took 30 mins for them to hire me. I went in filled out an app and talk to a manager for about 20mins and then he asked me to come in to train the next day :) I was in and out super quick. Its teh fastest Ive ever been hired somewhere. And the guy was nice too.

Negotiation Details – Idk yet, I have to go in at 4 today

Cypress, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2012.

Interview Details – so it was a two part interview. first you started off the interview with the assistant manager then the general manager they are both really nive people. the interview is formaland takes place right in the store. please dress in vusiness casual attire, give real answers not just what you think they want o hear. they really do value education at the company so if you let them know you are in school then that would only be a plus on your part.

Interview Question – How well do you work in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in December 2010.

Interview Details – I walked into the restaurant and asked for an application. Filled it out on the spot and turned it in. Called in a week later to ask about my application. Manager scheduled an interview the following day. Interview was easy consisting of what my availability was. Got a call the next day asking me to coming in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!