Red Robin

74 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server/Mixo Interview

Server/Mixo

I applied in-person - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

Interview Details – I met with two managers one when I turned in the app and then my actual interview was with the GM. He was very informative and went over the responsibilities and duties as a server, what was expected and a basic run down of how the shifts work.

Interview Question – All of the questions were basic and noting unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews and a long arduous following and training process were the main part of the hiring process. It took a long time to actually get to serve and it was like being in a college class room.

Interview Question – Following shifts were the hardest.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviewed at Red Robin

Interview Details – I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Question – A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online took three days to get a text message asking to set up an interview (this is a new location isn't open yet so I guess this is the process they use) Set up interview for four days later. Sat around waiting for someone to interview me got the head manager...super nice decided to hire me on the spot!

Interview Question – No difficult questions interview was very relaxed and felt like a conversation asked about previous jobs and titles and how I achieve my status at past jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation just offered and job and asked what position I was looking for.

Very Easy Interview

Busser Interview

Busser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Easy. No questions asked, other than "tell me about yourself." Whole thing was about 5 minutes. Got the job. Received a call back with my orientation and training schedule a couple days later.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions because there were none!!   Answer Question

Server/Busser/Hostess Interview

Server/Busser/Hostess
Plainfield, IL

Interview Details – Applied online. A day later I received a call from Red Robin to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for that Friday. When I arrived the hostess sat me at a table (it was a little after 2) and I waited for probably about 15 minutes for the interviewer to come out. When she came out she had us move to a booth. She had a small stack of papers with her. Apparently the papers were my application and interview questions. She also had a blank piece of paper that she said was for her to take notes on and that the notes wouldn't necessarily be good or bad. At the end of the interview she hadn't written anything down. She literally read the interview questions off of the paper.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just regular run of the mill questions. What are your strengths? What would your former coworkers say about you? Etc.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – The process was fairly easy. It was 3 interviews but my guess is if you make it to the 3rd one you're already in. They asked why you wish to work there and what you can bring to the table. I didn't think 3 interviews was necessary so don't let that discourage you.

Interview Question – Why Red Robin?
How would you handle an angry guest?
Do you have a food worker's card?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate much. Interview/hiring process was easy and helpful. Make sure to thoroughly read their contract on breaks and lunches.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with two different managers. The first interview was great, she was prepared, and I felt it went very well. The interview with the second person was not as good. He didn't have the notes from my previous interview, didn't have my information with him, and was not prepared at all. It was very awkward. It seemed more like he was lecturing me than interviewing me. At the end of this interview he said I would get a call the next Monday or Thursday. Well a week after he said he call I decided to call to see if a decision was made and I was told he would call back (he never did). A week after that I got a call from a different manager at the same location to set up an interview. It seems that my information was never updated to show that I was interviewed and in those three weeks a decision was still not made. I'm still interested in the job, but it is ridiculous how unorganized the management at this location is. Basically I'm still waiting on the outcome and if I didn't need a job so bad I would be looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult to answer. If you are prepared they are pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – 3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here versus Chilis   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. They set that standard

Host Interview

Host

I applied online and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone call about two days later asking to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview a week later. The manager was very nice and courteous. He asked the basic interview questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, what would co-workers say about you, what is your definition of excellent customer service, how would you handle upset customers, etc.

Interview Question – What can you do to make your customer service better than others?   Answer Question

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!