Red Robin

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.2

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

I had an interview with Vanessa & all she really asked me was how to take care of her daughters hair. Her daughter is biracial & so am I.. Then she told me that since I'm eye candy they would hire me. Had a 2nd interview with Dave and it was just basic questions. Where did you work before why did you quit then he asked me what do you think is better, fora restaurant to have good food, good service or both. Of course I said both. I had applied 2 weeks earlier, checked on the status 3 days after I applied & then like a week & a half later they called me & had an interview the next day. Got hired the same day. It's really easy just smile a lot & be friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. It was all basic. I have job experience so they were based of my past jobs. If you never had one it should be even easier.   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Robin.

Called in and asked if they were hiring for host position. They told me to come in and fill out an application while I was there (but I took it home anyway). The application was super easy to fill out, it's only one page. I brought the application back during lunch hours and they manager had time to interview me there on the spot at one of the dinning tables. Be careful of what shoes you wear to the interview, I had on some nice heels and almost fell because the floors were so oily/slippery for some reason. Never had restaurant-specific experience and was hired on the spot (don't think they even called references).

Interview Questions
    Manager told me I could move up to server soon if I did well.

Food Server Interview

I came in one day to apply for a busser position and I dressed well and spoke to the manager for a few minutes and they asked if I would be interested in a server position. I told them that I had not experience, and they let me know that they prefer that their employees have no prior experience so they can teach them their way of doing things. There was a quick interview with one other manager, and the GM. I had to fill out a paper ranking a few things by most important - least important.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic. Strengths/weaknesses. What are you passionate about. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in October 2014.

I had to interview with three different managers, they were all very nice people, all of them asked me the same questions. They offered me 28 to 30 hours per week, I am only getting 12 to 14.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. what did bother me is them asking me if i was legal again and again   Answer Question
    they offered me what they would pay, I could either accept or not. no chance for negotiation

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in October 2014.

I was dressed in business casual with tie and I Interviewed with the General Manager and the assistant general manager with questions about my previous line cook experience and restaurant management experience . A manager in training was sent over for a brief non interviewing discussion and was hired on the spot by the General Manager Cody

Interview Questions
    • What are your expectations of the company?   View Answer
    I was actually offered a higher wage than anticipated due to my previous management experience.

Server Interview

I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Questions
    • A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Busboy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

The first interview was with the shift lead. If you pass that then you interview with the assistant manager. After that an interview with the GM, he makes the final call if you are hired or not.

Like any other restaurant job.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

arrived for my interview five or ten minutes early and has to wait about twenty or thirty to actually be interviewed even though there were hardly any customers and finally the guy is interviewing me off of a piece of paper, he seemed uninterested and unorganized and asked me the same questions multiple times. everyone there seemed miserable.

horrible atmosphere

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

Easy. No questions asked, other than "tell me about yourself." Whole thing was about 5 minutes. Got the job. Received a call back with my orientation and training schedule a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions because there were none!!   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin.

The process was fairly easy. It was 3 interviews but my guess is if you make it to the 3rd one you're already in. They asked why you wish to work there and what you can bring to the table. I didn't think 3 interviews was necessary so don't let that discourage you.

Interview Questions
    • Why Red Robin?
      How would you handle an angry guest?
      Do you have a food worker's card?
        Answer Question
    Didn't have to negotiate much. Interview/hiring process was easy and helpful. Make sure to thoroughly read their contract on breaks and lunches.