Red Robin Interview Questions

2.1

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

I brought my application to the location in person and got the opportunity to chat with one of the managers. He was impressed with me enough to have me full out some questionnaires and personality tests (which I found very odd) to assess my compatibility with their corporate culture. I scored well, when on to a full interview, and landed the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to rate, in order of personal preference, 25 different scenarios, i.e. "Nuclear war" and "Having a baby."   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin.

Arrived to my interview about 10 minutes early, was asked to just wait a couple minutes while the host grabbed the manager who would be interviewing me. When the manager came, she took me back to a booth and asked me simple questions; such as, "Tell me about yourself" and "What did you do in a situation where a customer was unhappy with the service?" Simple. After, we mingled a bit about the job itself, and the company and how easy you can move up. After, she left and grabbed another manager, who asked me more of the "scenario" questions. I could see that she ranked the questions from 1 to a 3; 1 being a weak answer, 3 being a good answer. After, she went and got the first manager who came with a third manager. They basically hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, what would you do in a situation where a customer was unhappy with their service, how do you provide great customer service, what is your favorite menu item, etc   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in February 2015.

I applied online and was contacted the next day. I set up an interview for two days later.

The interview was extremely easy. She only asked me what made me choose Red Robin and what I knew about the company, but apart from that it was super casual. After a brief 7 or so minute interview, she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They don't really let servers negotiate. Starting here is $4.65, which I think is reasonable based on the amount of traffic this location sees.

Line Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Robin.

very nice sell you a dream. then you start the nightmare. they going to tell you all the pros and none of the cons holidays are a joke you have to use a app for all of your schedule needs and all communication is also done though app and you must provide uniforms benefits are expensive but they do have them

no life if accepted

Interior Design Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

Met with four managers. I wasn't exactly sure who I would be reporting to. As the interview went on, I gathered I would be working with multiple departments. They hire outside companies for design work, but review documents within. Sometimes becomes a problem from design to implementation.

Mixologist Interview

Very long but worth it, you meet with all three managers and go over an array of paper work from the culture of the restaurant to day to day responsibilities and you will be told very quickly whether or not you got the job

there was none.

Server Interview

Sit-down interview with manager on duty. Very relaxed and personal. There was not a lot of pressure during the interview and I felt that I was just sitting down having a chat with someone on a 1 on 1 level. After the interview they got back to me about the position in a timely manner and I began my employment with them quickly.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview was short and sweet. I came in when they were in need and they say me down right away. Asked me basic questions about my application. Were mainly focused on previous jobs and schooling schedule.

Interview Questions
    They offered me the job on spot and I accepted.

Host/Hostess Waitress Trainer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Robin.

Everyone is very nice interview went great, got hired on the spot. And I did the training the following day and tons of opportunities. Great management and excellent team members its a great environment.

Hired on the spot started the following day

Line Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Robin.

I filled out an application and within a couple days I got a call for an interview. The interview was about a half hour. The manager kept stressing that it is a very busy store.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my supervisor experience and if I've had to deal with unruly employees   View Answer
    They looked at my previous experience and gave me 2 offers. I can take what I asked for and learn one position on the line or I can take the second offer, making more but I would have to learn 3 positions in 2 weeks.