Red Robin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Server/Busser/Hostess Interview

Server/Busser/Hostess
Plainfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. A day later I received a call from Red Robin to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for that Friday. When I arrived the hostess sat me at a table (it was a little after 2) and I waited for probably about 15 minutes for the interviewer to come out. When she came out she had us move to a booth. She had a small stack of papers with her. Apparently the papers were my application and interview questions. She also had a blank piece of paper that she said was for her to take notes on and that the notes wouldn't necessarily be good or bad. At the end of the interview she hadn't written anything down. She literally read the interview questions off of the paper.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just regular run of the mill questions. What are your strengths? What would your former coworkers say about you? Etc.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Busser Interview

Busser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Easy. No questions asked, other than "tell me about yourself." Whole thing was about 5 minutes. Got the job. Received a call back with my orientation and training schedule a couple days later.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions because there were none!!   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – The process was fairly easy. It was 3 interviews but my guess is if you make it to the 3rd one you're already in. They asked why you wish to work there and what you can bring to the table. I didn't think 3 interviews was necessary so don't let that discourage you.

Interview Question – Why Red Robin?
How would you handle an angry guest?
Do you have a food worker's card?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to negotiate much. Interview/hiring process was easy and helpful. Make sure to thoroughly read their contract on breaks and lunches.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with two different managers. The first interview was great, she was prepared, and I felt it went very well. The interview with the second person was not as good. He didn't have the notes from my previous interview, didn't have my information with him, and was not prepared at all. It was very awkward. It seemed more like he was lecturing me than interviewing me. At the end of this interview he said I would get a call the next Monday or Thursday. Well a week after he said he call I decided to call to see if a decision was made and I was told he would call back (he never did). A week after that I got a call from a different manager at the same location to set up an interview. It seems that my information was never updated to show that I was interviewed and in those three weeks a decision was still not made. I'm still interested in the job, but it is ridiculous how unorganized the management at this location is. Basically I'm still waiting on the outcome and if I didn't need a job so bad I would be looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult to answer. If you are prepared they are pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – 3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here versus Chilis   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. They set that standard

Host Interview

Host

I applied online and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone call about two days later asking to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview a week later. The manager was very nice and courteous. He asked the basic interview questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, what would co-workers say about you, what is your definition of excellent customer service, how would you handle upset customers, etc.

Interview Question – What can you do to make your customer service better than others?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fantastic. I first spoke to someone in the HR department over a hour long phone interview. My second interview was with the Area Director for another hour long interview but this one was an in person interview. The last interview was with a general manager for an hour.

Interview Question – What I would do if I took over a store that was producing and running fine?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were very smooth and we discussed the base salary, and increases I could get with each promotion. I had a game plan of what he had in mind for me and what I could potentially make.

Line Cook Interview

Line Cook
Albany, OR

I applied in-person and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Great they personally assist your skills and put you in the proper location you're suited for

Interview Question – none really just be honest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple just tell them what you want and they will suit it to fit your needs

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Company Recruiter, then Regional Manager.

Negotiation Details – Named my price

Server Interview

Server
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Interview Question – Tell me about you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't the position I wanted

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!