Red Robin Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.2

Food Server Interview

I came in one day to apply for a busser position and I dressed well and spoke to the manager for a few minutes and they asked if I would be interested in a server position. I told them that I had not experience, and they let me know that they prefer that their employees have no prior experience so they can teach them their way of doing things. There was a quick interview with one other manager, and the GM. I had to fill out a paper ranking a few things by most important - least important.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic. Strengths/weaknesses. What are you passionate about. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in October 2014.

I had to interview with three different managers, they were all very nice people, all of them asked me the same questions. They offered me 28 to 30 hours per week, I am only getting 12 to 14.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. what did bother me is them asking me if i was legal again and again   Answer Question
    they offered me what they would pay, I could either accept or not. no chance for negotiation

Server Interview

I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Questions
    • A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Busboy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

The first interview was with the shift lead. If you pass that then you interview with the assistant manager. After that an interview with the GM, he makes the final call if you are hired or not.

Like any other restaurant job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

arrived for my interview five or ten minutes early and has to wait about twenty or thirty to actually be interviewed even though there were hardly any customers and finally the guy is interviewing me off of a piece of paper, he seemed uninterested and unorganized and asked me the same questions multiple times. everyone there seemed miserable.

horrible atmosphere

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

Easy. No questions asked, other than "tell me about yourself." Whole thing was about 5 minutes. Got the job. Received a call back with my orientation and training schedule a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions because there were none!!   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin.

The process was fairly easy. It was 3 interviews but my guess is if you make it to the 3rd one you're already in. They asked why you wish to work there and what you can bring to the table. I didn't think 3 interviews was necessary so don't let that discourage you.

Interview Questions
    • Why Red Robin?
      How would you handle an angry guest?
      Do you have a food worker's card?
        Answer Question
    Didn't have to negotiate much. Interview/hiring process was easy and helpful. Make sure to thoroughly read their contract on breaks and lunches.

Server/Busser/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Applied online. A day later I received a call from Red Robin to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for that Friday. When I arrived the hostess sat me at a table (it was a little after 2) and I waited for probably about 15 minutes for the interviewer to come out. When she came out she had us move to a booth. She had a small stack of papers with her. Apparently the papers were my application and interview questions. She also had a blank piece of paper that she said was for her to take notes on and that the notes wouldn't necessarily be good or bad. At the end of the interview she hadn't written anything down. She literally read the interview questions off of the paper.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just regular run of the mill questions. What are your strengths? What would your former coworkers say about you? Etc.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Applied online took three days to get a text message asking to set up an interview (this is a new location isn't open yet so I guess this is the process they use) Set up interview for four days later. Sat around waiting for someone to interview me got the head manager...super nice decided to hire me on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions interview was very relaxed and felt like a conversation asked about previous jobs and titles and how I achieve my status at past jobs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just offered and job and asked what position I was looking for.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

I had two interviews with two different managers. The first interview was great, she was prepared, and I felt it went very well. The interview with the second person was not as good. He didn't have the notes from my previous interview, didn't have my information with him, and was not prepared at all. It was very awkward. It seemed more like he was lecturing me than interviewing me. At the end of this interview he said I would get a call the next Monday or Thursday. Well a week after he said he call I decided to call to see if a decision was made and I was told he would call back (he never did). A week after that I got a call from a different manager at the same location to set up an interview. It seems that my information was never updated to show that I was interviewed and in those three weeks a decision was still not made. I'm still interested in the job, but it is ridiculous how unorganized the management at this location is. Basically I'm still waiting on the outcome and if I didn't need a job so bad I would be looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult to answer. If you are prepared they are pretty straight forward.   Answer Question