Red Robin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

arrived for my interview five or ten minutes early and has to wait about twenty or thirty to actually be interviewed even though there were hardly any customers and finally the guy is interviewing me off of a piece of paper, he seemed uninterested and unorganized and asked me the same questions multiple times. everyone there seemed miserable.

horrible atmosphere

Busboy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Apex, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

The first interview was with the shift lead. If you pass that then you interview with the assistant manager. After that an interview with the GM, he makes the final call if you are hired or not.

Like any other restaurant job.

Dmo Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

interviewed at Red Robin in July 2013.

Manger general manger paper work about the company and the kind of work i would be doing. Am i able to work at a fast past food handlers cert resume a walk through of the company the dos and dont over looking menu

Interview Questions
    So would you like to work here the pay starts at ten

Server/Mixo Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

I met with two managers one when I turned in the app and then my actual interview was with the GM. He was very informative and went over the responsibilities and duties as a server, what was expected and a basic run down of how the shifts work.

no negotiation

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2011.

2 Interviews and a long arduous following and training process were the main part of the hiring process. It took a long time to actually get to serve and it was like being in a college class room.

None.

Server Interview

I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Questions
    • A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Applied online took three days to get a text message asking to set up an interview (this is a new location isn't open yet so I guess this is the process they use) Set up interview for four days later. Sat around waiting for someone to interview me got the head manager...super nice decided to hire me on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions interview was very relaxed and felt like a conversation asked about previous jobs and titles and how I achieve my status at past jobs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just offered and job and asked what position I was looking for.

Busser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin.

Easy. No questions asked, other than "tell me about yourself." Whole thing was about 5 minutes. Got the job. Received a call back with my orientation and training schedule a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions because there were none!!   Answer Question

Server/Busser/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plainfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL

Applied online. A day later I received a call from Red Robin to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled for that Friday. When I arrived the hostess sat me at a table (it was a little after 2) and I waited for probably about 15 minutes for the interviewer to come out. When she came out she had us move to a booth. She had a small stack of papers with her. Apparently the papers were my application and interview questions. She also had a blank piece of paper that she said was for her to take notes on and that the notes wouldn't necessarily be good or bad. At the end of the interview she hadn't written anything down. She literally read the interview questions off of the paper.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just regular run of the mill questions. What are your strengths? What would your former coworkers say about you? Etc.   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Red Robin.

The process was fairly easy. It was 3 interviews but my guess is if you make it to the 3rd one you're already in. They asked why you wish to work there and what you can bring to the table. I didn't think 3 interviews was necessary so don't let that discourage you.

Interview Questions
    • Why Red Robin?
      How would you handle an angry guest?
      Do you have a food worker's card?
        Answer Question
    Didn't have to negotiate much. Interview/hiring process was easy and helpful. Make sure to thoroughly read their contract on breaks and lunches.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!