Red Robin Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in March 2012.

Hiring process was fantastic. I first spoke to someone in the HR department over a hour long phone interview. My second interview was with the Area Director for another hour long interview but this one was an in person interview. The last interview was with a general manager for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do if I took over a store that was producing and running fine?   Answer Question
    Negotiations were very smooth and we discussed the base salary, and increases I could get with each promotion. I had a game plan of what he had in mind for me and what I could potentially make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Red Robin.

Great they personally assist your skills and put you in the proper location you're suited for

Interview Questions
    simple just tell them what you want and they will suit it to fit your needs

Kitchen Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Company Recruiter, then Regional Manager.

Named my price

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Wasn't the position I wanted

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2014.

I applied on their website. Easy, just a lot of questions about your character in multiple choice format. If you're not a hard-worker, I'd suggest "strongly agreeing" with being one anyway and saying you love fast-paced environments and teamwork and all that stuff. (But I don't lie, so I'm glad I was what they were looking for).

About a week later, I got a phone call about an interview. I missed the call... and then called back. They still let me schedule one, even though the man (assistant manager?) sounded a little impatient. Oops, but oh well.

I went in and asked for my interviewer and met the hostessing manager, and he led me to a booth in the back. Extremely casual interactions, it felt like (but I wore a black dress with short black heels, hair up in a ponytail-fishtail-braid, and nice make-up). One of the managers sat down across from me and started asking questions about my schedule (which was VERY busy, but they liked that, I think! They seemed to want a college girl with a busy social/work life...). He also asked about my best qualities (integrity, of course), and why I wanted to work there. Somewhat intimidating.
    Apparently that was good enough for the first guy, though, so they sent another man to learn a little more. He was so nice! We talked about life and university and how cool RR is, pretty much. Then he told me to come back for another interview with the general manager two days later.

I didn't know if I was doing a terrible or fine job that second day... at all. Left me feeling pretty uneasy. The general manager was making jokes the whole time and being goofy, which I usually like, but it was so unexpected and it made me feel like I was one of the throw-away options. My sense of humor is probably my best trait, though, luckily! When I think about it, that's probably exactly what he was trying to find out: If I could hold conversations with all different kinds of people. Intimidating, super nice/casual, and silly. He was really great, though, and cared about me and my interests. After a couple days, I was called to come in for orientation (which is done on tablets, might I add)! Got t-shirts and nametags. The training schedule thing is a little confusing, and I wasn't called about it for a long time, it seemed. I was going to be out of town the day they said they were going to train me, sadly, but they still told me they'd get me there. I felt like a bother, but they knew I was busy based on my resumé, right?

Super nice process, super nice people, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you know about Red Robin and our history?"   View Answer

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview process started very quickly. Went through two rounds of interviews to be hired; one with a shift manager and second interview with store manager. Overall questions were pretty standard, but there were a lot of "touchy feely" questions that reflected on you as a person, rather than questions specific to being a server.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary.

DMO (Dish Machine Operator) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beavercreek, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

My brother in-law worked there so he set up the interview for me. I went in, met with the manager and it was mostly personal questions to get to know me. Favorite movies, career goals, etc. It was a pretty laid-back interview but I'm not sure if it was because I knew someone who worked there or not.

Interview Questions
    • Why I liked Will Ferrell because my answer to your favorite movie was anything by him. Obviously the answer didn't matter that much because it did not have a whole lot of relevance to the job (Dish Machine Operator)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in March 2014.

Applied online in response to a craigslist ad. Received a phone call approximately a week later asking if I'd be interested in an in person interview. Interview was in restaurant at a dining table. Met with manager who was friendly, veteran friendly and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What were some team building exercises you used in your former occupation?   Answer Question
    The Kitchen Manager suggested a salary and I accepted.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in March 2012.

I had three separate interviews for a serving position with three different managers. The first time I waited for the interviewee for a half hour to forty-five minutes before they acknowledged me.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions asked were not relevant to any situation in the service industry   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  West Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2012.

Their process is quick. After you apply they take 2 to 3 days to call (sometimes up to 5), you will get call for one interview with the General Manager then in 1 or 2 days you get a second interview with the X Manager( X= Kitchen, FOH, Bartender, depends where you apply). It can be also in vise-versa, first with X Manager then with the General Manager. After the interviews the orientation will be in 1 or 2 days and then you will start to work the coming Monday or Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much is all the same for the questions if you compare with others restaurants. You know, why you will like to work here, why do we have to pick you over other applicants, etc.   Answer Question