Red Robin Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.1

Hostess/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called for an in person interview. I was seated and a guy who was also applying for the same position showed up too. We waited for the manager and then it was a 1:1 interview. I was asked to return for another interview in 2 days. I felt like it went well, but I never got a call back after the second interview. I think they probably hired people with better availability which is unfortunate, just know going into it that availability is a big issue. I was asked multiple times about my availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Brighton, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick. Had 2 interviews in 1 day with both the server manager and the general manager. They both asked mostly the same questions, went to the back to talk and went from there. I started my orientation the next week. Four days after that I had my final test and then was put on the schedule as a waitress.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The interview was about an hour and a half or two hours long and wasn't hard.

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

I filled out an application online was called shortly afterwards went in for an interview. Sat down with a female manager for about 15-20 minutes she asked the usual questions. Then said she would call in a few days for a second interview. Second interview was with a male manager the store manager I believe, he asked pretty much the same questions just worded it differently. Lasted maybe 10 minutes and said if I didn't hear anything in 2 days then I wasn't offered the job. They called me the next day and set up orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customers? What's something you like in a server? What was something you noticed that you didn't like at this restaurant?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Arrived to my interview about 10 minutes early, was asked to just wait a couple minutes while the host grabbed the manager who would be interviewing me. When the manager came, she took me back to a booth and asked me simple questions; such as, "Tell me about yourself" and "What did you do in a situation where a customer was unhappy with the service?" Simple. After, we mingled a bit about the job itself, and the company and how easy you can move up. After, she left and grabbed another manager, who asked me more of the "scenario" questions. I could see that she ranked the questions from 1 to a 3; 1 being a weak answer, 3 being a good answer. After, she went and got the first manager who came with a third manager. They basically hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what would you do in a situation where a customer was unhappy with their service, how do you provide great customer service, what is your favorite menu item, etc   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willoughby, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Robin (Willoughby, OH).

Interview

I brought my application to the location in person and got the opportunity to chat with one of the managers. He was impressed with me enough to have me full out some questionnaires and personality tests (which I found very odd) to assess my compatibility with their corporate culture. I scored well, when on to a full interview, and landed the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to rate, in order of personal preference, 25 different scenarios, i.e. "Nuclear war" and "Having a baby."   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin in March 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted about an hour and I had 3 interviews during that time. Each interview lasted about 5-7 minutes and I spent the rest of the time sitting around waiting. Interview process seemed very unorganized. They didn't really ask a lot of questions just basically looked over my resume and asked questions about previous jobs. I was offered a position and I accepted however after 3 weeks I still hadn't heard any details on when my training would begin so I called and the GM who did one of my interviews said he didn't remember me and to come in the next day so we could figure out when my training would begin. When I arrived the next day I told him who I was and why I was there, he had me sit at a table and said he would be right back. After about 10 minutes he came back and asked my name and then asked me what time my interview was that day. I explained I had already been hired and just needed to find out when my training was. We talked a little and he took my info and said the training manager would call me that friday (this was on a wednesday). Its now been 3 weeks since that conversation and I am still waiting for the training manager to call me. At this point I have decided this is not the job or company for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day. I set up an interview for two days later. The interview was extremely easy. She only asked me what made me choose Red Robin and what I knew about the company, but apart from that it was super casual. After a brief 7 or so minute interview, she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They don't really let servers negotiate. Starting here is $4.65, which I think is reasonable based on the amount of traffic this location sees.

Interior Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Met with four managers. I wasn't exactly sure who I would be reporting to. As the interview went on, I gathered I would be working with multiple departments. They hire outside companies for design work, but review documents within. Sometimes becomes a problem from design to implementation.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

very nice sell you a dream. then you start the nightmare. they going to tell you all the pros and none of the cons holidays are a joke you have to use a app for all of your schedule needs and all communication is also done though app and you must provide uniforms benefits are expensive but they do have them

no life if accepted

Server Interview

Interview

Sit-down interview with manager on duty. Very relaxed and personal. There was not a lot of pressure during the interview and I felt that I was just sitting down having a chat with someone on a 1 on 1 level. After the interview they got back to me about the position in a timely manner and I began my employment with them quickly.