Red Robin Interview Questions

2.1

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

I had two interviews with two different managers. The first interview was great, she was prepared, and I felt it went very well. The interview with the second person was not as good. He didn't have the notes from my previous interview, didn't have my information with him, and was not prepared at all. It was very awkward. It seemed more like he was lecturing me than interviewing me. At the end of this interview he said I would get a call the next Monday or Thursday. Well a week after he said he call I decided to call to see if a decision was made and I was told he would call back (he never did). A week after that I got a call from a different manager at the same location to set up an interview. It seems that my information was never updated to show that I was interviewed and in those three weeks a decision was still not made. I'm still interested in the job, but it is ridiculous how unorganized the management at this location is. Basically I'm still waiting on the outcome and if I didn't need a job so bad I would be looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult to answer. If you are prepared they are pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Nothing. They set that standard

Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin.

Applied online and got a phone call about two days later asking to schedule an interview. I went in for the interview a week later. The manager was very nice and courteous. He asked the basic interview questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, what would co-workers say about you, what is your definition of excellent customer service, how would you handle upset customers, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What can you do to make your customer service better than others?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Robin.

Great they personally assist your skills and put you in the proper location you're suited for

Interview Questions
    simple just tell them what you want and they will suit it to fit your needs

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Company Recruiter, then Regional Manager.

Named my price

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Wasn't the position I wanted

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Interview process started very quickly. Went through two rounds of interviews to be hired; one with a shift manager and second interview with store manager. Overall questions were pretty standard, but there were a lot of "touchy feely" questions that reflected on you as a person, rather than questions specific to being a server.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in March 2014.

Applied online in response to a craigslist ad. Received a phone call approximately a week later asking if I'd be interested in an in person interview. Interview was in restaurant at a dining table. Met with manager who was friendly, veteran friendly and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What were some team building exercises you used in your former occupation?   Answer Question
    The Kitchen Manager suggested a salary and I accepted.

Manager Trainie Interview

Very complete and up front about expectations

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin in February 2014.

I applied on their website. Easy, just a lot of questions about your character in multiple choice format. If you're not a hard-worker, I'd suggest "strongly agreeing" with being one anyway and saying you love fast-paced environments and teamwork and all that stuff. (But I don't lie, so I'm glad I was what they were looking for).

About a week later, I got a phone call about an interview. I missed the call... and then called back. They still let me schedule one, even though the man (assistant manager?) sounded a little impatient. Oops, but oh well.

I went in and asked for my interviewer and met the hostessing manager, and he led me to a booth in the back. Extremely casual interactions, it felt like (but I wore a black dress with short black heels, hair up in a ponytail-fishtail-braid, and nice make-up). One of the managers sat down across from me and started asking questions about my schedule (which was VERY busy, but they liked that, I think! They seemed to want a college girl with a busy social/work life...). He also asked about my best qualities (integrity, of course), and why I wanted to work there. Somewhat intimidating.
    Apparently that was good enough for the first guy, though, so they sent another man to learn a little more. He was so nice! We talked about life and university and how cool RR is, pretty much. Then he told me to come back for another interview with the general manager two days later.

I didn't know if I was doing a terrible or fine job that second day... at all. Left me feeling pretty uneasy. The general manager was making jokes the whole time and being goofy, which I usually like, but it was so unexpected and it made me feel like I was one of the throw-away options. My sense of humor is probably my best trait, though, luckily! When I think about it, that's probably exactly what he was trying to find out: If I could hold conversations with all different kinds of people. Intimidating, super nice/casual, and silly. He was really great, though, and cared about me and my interests. After a couple days, I was called to come in for orientation (which is done on tablets, might I add)! Got t-shirts and nametags. The training schedule thing is a little confusing, and I wasn't called about it for a long time, it seemed. I was going to be out of town the day they said they were going to train me, sadly, but they still told me they'd get me there. I felt like a bother, but they knew I was busy based on my resumé, right?

Super nice process, super nice people, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you know about Red Robin and our history?"   View Answer