Red Robin

Average Difficulty
67 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – It was very friendly and fun

Interview Question – I didn't really have any difficult question.. I have been serving for several years so it comes naturally to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just to figure out the best opportunity to start me.

Host Interview

Host
Manassas, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called in for an in-person interview that same week. I was interviewed by three separate managers, the first (what I later found out to be a "mid" manager) and second I felt were mainly to keep me occupied until the third and main interviewer, the General Manager. They were all pretty friendly. After speaking with each for a few minutes about my application, why I was applying, where I was in my life (e.g. high school grad, where I was going after high school, what I wanted to do) and what I wanted to get out of the job, I was offered a starting job as a host with an hourly pay of $7.75 (a rate that varies amongst the hospos, I've discovered).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself going with this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was completely inexperienced - this was my first job in the working world, so I took what they offered me without complaint, a rate a few quarters higher than minimum wage.

Cdt Interview

Cdt
Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2011.

Interview Details – I went through the DM first and then the Gm. They basically just asked about my job expirience and what I needed to make.

Interview Question – There wasnt really one. everything was stright forward. They were basically trying to see how upbeat I was.   Answer Question

Nicholasville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2012.

Interview Details – Have to meet with 3-4 different managers to go through the interview process. They make you meet with all the managers, and not just the GM.

Interview Question – The GM at the time didn't ask me a single thing that was pertinent to the job. He talked about his engagement, made a few jokes, and then said that I started a few days later.   Answer Question

Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in September 2012.

Interview Details – They called about two weeks after I applied and I had two interviews. They were relatively close to each other in date. They were both with two different managers. The interviews were about half an hour long and the managers were very friendly.

Interview Question – The interview was very casual, yet very professional. Nothing was asked that I did not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Host
Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2010.

Interview Details – Describe a situation where you had to deal with a disgruntled employee.

Interview Question – Ethical exam.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Lehigh Valley, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initial brief phone interview. Followed by interviews with junior level HR people, 2 regional operations managers, VP of Operations, and head of HR. Most interviews were similar. Asking about previous experience, followed by behavioral questions and hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a conflict between two of your team members   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time your integrity was compromised by a decision you made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief. Was able to squeeze a few thousand more out in annual salary.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Cypress, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2012.

Interview Details – so it was a two part interview. first you started off the interview with the assistant manager then the general manager they are both really nive people. the interview is formaland takes place right in the store. please dress in vusiness casual attire, give real answers not just what you think they want o hear. they really do value education at the company so if you let them know you are in school then that would only be a plus on your part.

Interview Question – How well do you work in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Manchester, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a few different managers, very simple questions about my experience and if I was a fast learner. Very easy.

Interview Questions

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager
South Plainfield, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to this position by my boss and applied online. The next morning I received a call from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. After we went through the phone interview, she emailed me some paperwork and the link for an online personality test. The personality test was a little nerve-wracking because many of the questions were difficult to answer on a yes or no basis. After I faxed back the paperwork and finished the test, I received another phone call from the recruiter asking to set up an in person interview. The only reason it took three weeks for all this to happen is because all the general managers were away at a conference and I had to wait until they returned in order to finish the interview process.

Interview Question – They asked broad questions and were looking for a specific answer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Robin