Red Robin

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Plainfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in October 2014.

I had to interview with three different managers, they were all very nice people, all of them asked me the same questions. They offered me 28 to 30 hours per week, I am only getting 12 to 14.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was difficult. what did bother me is them asking me if i was legal again and again   Answer Question
they offered me what they would pay, I could either accept or not. no chance for negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in October 2014.

I was dressed in business casual with tie and I Interviewed with the General Manager and the assistant general manager with questions about my previous line cook experience and restaurant management experience . A manager in training was sent over for a brief non interviewing discussion and was hired on the spot by the General Manager Cody

Interview Questions
    • What are your expectations of the company?   View Answer
    I was actually offered a higher wage than anticipated due to my previous management experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Robin.

Great they personally assist your skills and put you in the proper location you're suited for

Interview Questions
    simple just tell them what you want and they will suit it to fit your needs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in March 2014.

Applied online in response to a craigslist ad. Received a phone call approximately a week later asking if I'd be interested in an in person interview. Interview was in restaurant at a dining table. Met with manager who was friendly, veteran friendly and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What were some team building exercises you used in your former occupation?   Answer Question
    The Kitchen Manager suggested a salary and I accepted.

Line Cook Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin.

Very easy and was hired on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hartford, CT

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in May 2012.

Their process is quick. After you apply they take 2 to 3 days to call (sometimes up to 5), you will get call for one interview with the General Manager then in 1 or 2 days you get a second interview with the X Manager( X= Kitchen, FOH, Bartender, depends where you apply). It can be also in vise-versa, first with X Manager then with the General Manager. After the interviews the orientation will be in 1 or 2 days and then you will start to work the coming Monday or Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much is all the same for the questions if you compare with others restaurants. You know, why you will like to work here, why do we have to pick you over other applicants, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Robin in August 2011.

Asked questions very friendly had me go around and ask some of the other workers questions to test things

Line Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in April 2011.

I walked in and filled out an application during their off-hours and was immediately interviewed by the kitchen manager, a well-dressed, polite young guy. He said I "seem like a good guy" and he would "put in a good word" with the general manager. About 2 days later I got a call asking to come back for an interview with the general manager. The general manager was kind of intimidating - he was less personable than the kitchen manager but seemed to be more professional. I was so scared I was going to blow it when he asked me "So, why should I hire you?" and I fumbled my words quite a bit, but he ended up offering me the job. I went through orientation just 3 days later and was working in the kitchen the day after orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you observed another cook failing to follow a proper procedure?   View Answer
    I didn't have to negotiate much at all. The location I applied for was hurting for cooks. In fact, I had written down on my application that I wanted at least $8.00/hr, and they started me at $9.00/hr. Don't be afraid to ask for more money.