Red Robin

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albany, OR

I applied in-person and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Great they personally assist your skills and put you in the proper location you're suited for

Interview Question – none really just be honest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple just tell them what you want and they will suit it to fit your needs

Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in response to a craigslist ad. Received a phone call approximately a week later asking if I'd be interested in an in person interview. Interview was in restaurant at a dining table. Met with manager who was friendly, veteran friendly and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – What were some team building exercises you used in your former occupation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Kitchen Manager suggested a salary and I accepted.

West Hartford, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2012.

Interview Details – Their process is quick. After you apply they take 2 to 3 days to call (sometimes up to 5), you will get call for one interview with the General Manager then in 1 or 2 days you get a second interview with the X Manager( X= Kitchen, FOH, Bartender, depends where you apply). It can be also in vise-versa, first with X Manager then with the General Manager. After the interviews the orientation will be in 1 or 2 days and then you will start to work the coming Monday or Tuesday.

Interview Question – Pretty much is all the same for the questions if you compare with others restaurants. You know, why you will like to work here, why do we have to pick you over other applicants, etc.   Answer Question

Line Cook

I applied online and interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Very easy and was hired on the spot

Interview Question – Ready for fast pace   Answer Question

North Olmsted, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in August 2011.

Interview Details – Asked questions very friendly had me go around and ask some of the other workers questions to test things

Interview Question – DEscribe the wrost boss you had?   Answer Question

Line Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Red Robin in April 2011.

Interview Details – I walked in and filled out an application during their off-hours and was immediately interviewed by the kitchen manager, a well-dressed, polite young guy. He said I "seem like a good guy" and he would "put in a good word" with the general manager. About 2 days later I got a call asking to come back for an interview with the general manager. The general manager was kind of intimidating - he was less personable than the kitchen manager but seemed to be more professional. I was so scared I was going to blow it when he asked me "So, why should I hire you?" and I fumbled my words quite a bit, but he ended up offering me the job. I went through orientation just 3 days later and was working in the kitchen the day after orientation.

Interview Question – What would you do if you observed another cook failing to follow a proper procedure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate much at all. The location I applied for was hurting for cooks. In fact, I had written down on my application that I wanted at least $8.00/hr, and they started me at $9.00/hr. Don't be afraid to ask for more money.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!