Red Robin

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – 3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here versus Chilis   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. They set that standard

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Interview Question – Tell me about you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't the position I wanted

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview Details – Interview process started very quickly. Went through two rounds of interviews to be hired; one with a shift manager and second interview with store manager. Overall questions were pretty standard, but there were a lot of "touchy feely" questions that reflected on you as a person, rather than questions specific to being a server.

Interview Question – Who is the most inspirational person in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary.

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process is very easy and laid back.

Interview Question – There really were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly basic interview process; start with a few questions regarding any concerns with resume/appearance/whatever, then the manager actually spends a few minutes trying to get to know you, and see if you're going to be personable or anxious and how your attitude is.

Interview Question – I wasn't really prepared to answer this quesiton(though i should have been), but after we'd been over my resume with several years of related experience, I was asked what I was most worried about.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – minimum wage plus tips. As you improve your shifts get longer and better, and your hours increase.

Server

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional and was a pleasure to meet the managers. They were thorough and set very clear expectations of what a team member would represent.

Interview Question – How does your experience qualify you to work here and why here versus a different restaurant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very straight forward.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Robin in September 2013.

Interview Details – Saw a sign for a new restaurant opening soon and applied online. The process was simple and easy. I received a call a few days later to come in for an interview, was told it was at a location because the facility was not finished. Expected group interviews but it was 1 on 1 with one of the friendliest general managers I ever met. Service manager was there also and she was sweet and down to earth. Asked about any experience as a waitress, how I would feel doing one task and why I wanted to work for the company. Told me a little bit about the company, as I have never been there. They asked me to recommend something off the menu, which happens to be extensive for a company restaurant, to a customer. Then I was offered the job on the spot. Told me the uniform and when orientation was going to be. The whole process took maybe 30 mins. Overall one of the best interview processes I have ever experienced.

Interview Question – Reading the menu and selling something: if you do not have serving experience, which I do, this will be difficult as it is always the little things that stand out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You negotiate pay and scheduling at orientation and it is a pretty standard rate. As a server you make tips so the base rate is what it is.

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2009.

Interview Details – I walked in before the store opened and filled out an application and got an interview immediately. I was then hired on the spot and started training 2 weeks later with everyone else. Normal interview, no complaints

Madison, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Robin in December 2010.

Interview Details – When I was hired you still had to fill out a paper application. I came in later at night so I knew it would not be during peek hours. I was able to speak to a manager instantly and pretty much hired me on the spot because I had previous serving experience. Now all applications are done online and you have to do a personality test that will be included with your application.

Very Easy Interview

Dickson City, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in September 2011.

Interview Details – I went in and asked if they were hiring, and then I got an application and filled it out. I took it back later that day, and asked to talk to the manager. Michelle is the General Manager there, and she was willing to interview me right there on the spot. She didn't even look at my application first. She did glance it over as we were sitting at one of the tables talking.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions. She just wanted to know that I was planning on being there for more than 3 months.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Robin

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Robin Server interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Red Robin employees and interview candidates.