Red Robin Server Interview Questions & Reviews

27 interviews

2.1

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Robin in February 2011.

2 Interviews and a long arduous following and training process were the main part of the hiring process. It took a long time to actually get to serve and it was like being in a college class room.

None.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Server Interview

I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Questions
    • A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Applied online took three days to get a text message asking to set up an interview (this is a new location isn't open yet so I guess this is the process they use) Set up interview for four days later. Sat around waiting for someone to interview me got the head manager...super nice decided to hire me on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions interview was very relaxed and felt like a conversation asked about previous jobs and titles and how I achieve my status at past jobs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just offered and job and asked what position I was looking for.

Server Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin.

3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Nothing. They set that standard

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Wasn't the position I wanted

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview process started very quickly. Went through two rounds of interviews to be hired; one with a shift manager and second interview with store manager. Overall questions were pretty standard, but there were a lot of "touchy feely" questions that reflected on you as a person, rather than questions specific to being a server.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary.

Server Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

Interview and hiring process is very easy and laid back.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Robin in May 2013.

Fairly basic interview process; start with a few questions regarding any concerns with resume/appearance/whatever, then the manager actually spends a few minutes trying to get to know you, and see if you're going to be personable or anxious and how your attitude is.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really prepared to answer this quesiton(though i should have been), but after we'd been over my resume with several years of related experience, I was asked what I was most worried about.   View Answer
    minimum wage plus tips. As you improve your shifts get longer and better, and your hours increase.

Server Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Red Robin in August 2013.

Very professional and was a pleasure to meet the managers. They were thorough and set very clear expectations of what a team member would represent.

Interview Questions
    • How does your experience qualify you to work here and why here versus a different restaurant?   Answer Question
    very straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Red Robin in September 2013.

Saw a sign for a new restaurant opening soon and applied online. The process was simple and easy. I received a call a few days later to come in for an interview, was told it was at a location because the facility was not finished. Expected group interviews but it was 1 on 1 with one of the friendliest general managers I ever met. Service manager was there also and she was sweet and down to earth. Asked about any experience as a waitress, how I would feel doing one task and why I wanted to work for the company. Told me a little bit about the company, as I have never been there. They asked me to recommend something off the menu, which happens to be extensive for a company restaurant, to a customer. Then I was offered the job on the spot. Told me the uniform and when orientation was going to be. The whole process took maybe 30 mins. Overall one of the best interview processes I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Reading the menu and selling something: if you do not have serving experience, which I do, this will be difficult as it is always the little things that stand out.   Answer Question
    You negotiate pay and scheduling at orientation and it is a pretty standard rate. As a server you make tips so the base rate is what it is.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!