Red Robin Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

If you want a job here just tell them you will work more than one persons job for minimum wage. Also if you don't mind cheating and doing own surveys to stay green, that is what job consists of selling royalty cards and surveys. Tell them you are really good at being graded on things that are not in your control.

Interview Questions

• They should ask you if you are super fast on slick floors and don't mind working ten to twelve hours straight without a break while management eats lunch for two hours.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin in March 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted about an hour and I had 3 interviews during that time. Each interview lasted about 5-7 minutes and I spent the rest of the time sitting around waiting. Interview process seemed very unorganized. They didn't really ask a lot of questions just basically looked over my resume and asked questions about previous jobs. I was offered a position and I accepted however after 3 weeks I still hadn't heard any details on when my training would begin so I called and the GM who did one of my interviews said he didn't remember me and to come in the next day so we could figure out when my training would begin. When I arrived the next day I told him who I was and why I was there, he had me sit at a table and said he would be right back. After about 10 minutes he came back and asked my name and then asked me what time my interview was that day. I explained I had already been hired and just needed to find out when my training was. We talked a little and he took my info and said the training manager would call me that friday (this was on a wednesday). Its now been 3 weeks since that conversation and I am still waiting for the training manager to call me. At this point I have decided this is not the job or company for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day. I set up an interview for two days later. The interview was extremely easy. She only asked me what made me choose Red Robin and what I knew about the company, but apart from that it was super casual. After a brief 7 or so minute interview, she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They don't really let servers negotiate. Starting here is $4.65, which I think is reasonable based on the amount of traffic this location sees.

Server Interview

Interview

Sit-down interview with manager on duty. Very relaxed and personal. There was not a lot of pressure during the interview and I felt that I was just sitting down having a chat with someone on a 1 on 1 level. After the interview they got back to me about the position in a timely manner and I began my employment with them quickly.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Had an interview scheduled for 2:00 but ending up having to wait 25 minutes before manager came out. Besides the frustration of having to wait so long, the interview went well. Pretty much just the average ordinary interview you would expect from a chain restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I knew any good jokes.   1 Answer

Better opportunity came up

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

I had one interview the guy interviewing me was unprofessional he acted like I was intimidating him when I was expecting to be the timid one. He said I made a great impression on him and that he would go see if the GM had time to come talk to me. The GM peeked out at me I suppose to see what I looked like lol and the guy who interviewed came back and said he didn't have time at the present moment and he would call me back in a couple of hours to let me know when a good time for the second interview would be. He never called.

Interview Questions

• He really didn't ask any unexpected questions just why did I like working in a restaurant   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Questions

• A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin (Cherry Hill, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

arrived for my interview five or ten minutes early and has to wait about twenty or thirty to actually be interviewed even though there were hardly any customers and finally the guy is interviewing me off of a piece of paper, he seemed uninterested and unorganized and asked me the same questions multiple times. everyone there seemed miserable.

horrible atmosphere

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online took three days to get a text message asking to set up an interview (this is a new location isn't open yet so I guess this is the process they use) Set up interview for four days later. Sat around waiting for someone to interview me got the head manager...super nice decided to hire me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions interview was very relaxed and felt like a conversation asked about previous jobs and titles and how I achieve my status at past jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation just offered and job and asked what position I was looking for.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. They set that standard