Red Robin Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in February 2015.

I applied online and was contacted the next day. I set up an interview for two days later.

The interview was extremely easy. She only asked me what made me choose Red Robin and what I knew about the company, but apart from that it was super casual. After a brief 7 or so minute interview, she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. They don't really let servers negotiate. Starting here is $4.65, which I think is reasonable based on the amount of traffic this location sees.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Server Interview

Sit-down interview with manager on duty. Very relaxed and personal. There was not a lot of pressure during the interview and I felt that I was just sitting down having a chat with someone on a 1 on 1 level. After the interview they got back to me about the position in a timely manner and I began my employment with them quickly.

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Robin.

Had an interview scheduled for 2:00 but ending up having to wait 25 minutes before manager came out. Besides the frustration of having to wait so long, the interview went well. Pretty much just the average ordinary interview you would expect from a chain restaurant.

Better opportunity came up

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Robin.

I had one interview the guy interviewing me was unprofessional he acted like I was intimidating him when I was expecting to be the timid one. He said I made a great impression on him and that he would go see if the GM had time to come talk to me. The GM peeked out at me I suppose to see what I looked like lol and the guy who interviewed came back and said he didn't have time at the present moment and he would call me back in a couple of hours to let me know when a good time for the second interview would be. He never called.

Interview Questions
    • He really didn't ask any unexpected questions just why did I like working in a restaurant   View Answer

Server Interview

I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Questions
    • A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

arrived for my interview five or ten minutes early and has to wait about twenty or thirty to actually be interviewed even though there were hardly any customers and finally the guy is interviewing me off of a piece of paper, he seemed uninterested and unorganized and asked me the same questions multiple times. everyone there seemed miserable.

horrible atmosphere

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Applied online took three days to get a text message asking to set up an interview (this is a new location isn't open yet so I guess this is the process they use) Set up interview for four days later. Sat around waiting for someone to interview me got the head manager...super nice decided to hire me on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions interview was very relaxed and felt like a conversation asked about previous jobs and titles and how I achieve my status at past jobs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just offered and job and asked what position I was looking for.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Nothing. They set that standard

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Wasn't the position I wanted

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Interview process started very quickly. Went through two rounds of interviews to be hired; one with a shift manager and second interview with store manager. Overall questions were pretty standard, but there were a lot of "touchy feely" questions that reflected on you as a person, rather than questions specific to being a server.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary.