Red Robin Server Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.1

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I saw an ad online and applied through the website. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. After the first interview, I was called a few hours later to come in for a second interview with the GM. I was then hired and went through the training process.

Interview Questions
  • A time in a previous job where I went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Red Robin in August 2014.

arrived for my interview five or ten minutes early and has to wait about twenty or thirty to actually be interviewed even though there were hardly any customers and finally the guy is interviewing me off of a piece of paper, he seemed uninterested and unorganized and asked me the same questions multiple times. everyone there seemed miserable.

horrible atmosphere

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in July 2014.

Applied online took three days to get a text message asking to set up an interview (this is a new location isn't open yet so I guess this is the process they use) Set up interview for four days later. Sat around waiting for someone to interview me got the head manager...super nice decided to hire me on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions interview was very relaxed and felt like a conversation asked about previous jobs and titles and how I achieve my status at past jobs.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just offered and job and asked what position I was looking for.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin.

3 interviews: Assistant Manager, Server Manager, General Manager. Each one will ask you the same question just in different words. They just want to know about you and how family oriented you are. RED ROBIN IS NOT A BAR TO GET DRUNK, IT IS A FAMILY ORIENTED RESTAURANT!! BE GOOD WITH KIDS!!!

Nothing. They set that standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Wasn't the position I wanted

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Interview process started very quickly. Went through two rounds of interviews to be hired; one with a shift manager and second interview with store manager. Overall questions were pretty standard, but there were a lot of "touchy feely" questions that reflected on you as a person, rather than questions specific to being a server.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in September 2013.

Saw a sign for a new restaurant opening soon and applied online. The process was simple and easy. I received a call a few days later to come in for an interview, was told it was at a location because the facility was not finished. Expected group interviews but it was 1 on 1 with one of the friendliest general managers I ever met. Service manager was there also and she was sweet and down to earth. Asked about any experience as a waitress, how I would feel doing one task and why I wanted to work for the company. Told me a little bit about the company, as I have never been there. They asked me to recommend something off the menu, which happens to be extensive for a company restaurant, to a customer. Then I was offered the job on the spot. Told me the uniform and when orientation was going to be. The whole process took maybe 30 mins. Overall one of the best interview processes I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Reading the menu and selling something: if you do not have serving experience, which I do, this will be difficult as it is always the little things that stand out.   Answer Question
    You negotiate pay and scheduling at orientation and it is a pretty standard rate. As a server you make tips so the base rate is what it is.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin in August 2013.

Very professional and was a pleasure to meet the managers. They were thorough and set very clear expectations of what a team member would represent.

Interview Questions
    • How does your experience qualify you to work here and why here versus a different restaurant?   Answer Question
    very straight forward.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

Interview and hiring process is very easy and laid back.

Interview Questions
    I was unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in May 2013.

Fairly basic interview process; start with a few questions regarding any concerns with resume/appearance/whatever, then the manager actually spends a few minutes trying to get to know you, and see if you're going to be personable or anxious and how your attitude is.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really prepared to answer this quesiton(though i should have been), but after we'd been over my resume with several years of related experience, I was asked what I was most worried about.   View Answer
    minimum wage plus tips. As you improve your shifts get longer and better, and your hours increase.