Red Robin Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Red Robin (Wilsonville, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

not bad, got the job quickly because I knew someone who worked there. The manager came out in a flannel and jeans. Not very professional but he hired me right away.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Called me to set up an initial interview. Asked me questions like why Red Robin? Tell me about your last job. Got a second interview with another manager and offered me a host job. They made me wait 15 minutes each time before we started the interviews. More of a conversation type interview, they want to get a feel for how you would interact with customers.

Wasn't the position I wanted

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

Interview process started very quickly. Went through two rounds of interviews to be hired; one with a shift manager and second interview with store manager. Overall questions were pretty standard, but there were a lot of "touchy feely" questions that reflected on you as a person, rather than questions specific to being a server.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Robin (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Saw a sign for a new restaurant opening soon and applied online. The process was simple and easy. I received a call a few days later to come in for an interview, was told it was at a location because the facility was not finished. Expected group interviews but it was 1 on 1 with one of the friendliest general managers I ever met. Service manager was there also and she was sweet and down to earth. Asked about any experience as a waitress, how I would feel doing one task and why I wanted to work for the company. Told me a little bit about the company, as I have never been there. They asked me to recommend something off the menu, which happens to be extensive for a company restaurant, to a customer. Then I was offered the job on the spot. Told me the uniform and when orientation was going to be. The whole process took maybe 30 mins. Overall one of the best interview processes I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Reading the menu and selling something: if you do not have serving experience, which I do, this will be difficult as it is always the little things that stand out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You negotiate pay and scheduling at orientation and it is a pretty standard rate. As a server you make tips so the base rate is what it is.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin in August 2013.

Interview

Very professional and was a pleasure to meet the managers. They were thorough and set very clear expectations of what a team member would represent.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience qualify you to work here and why here versus a different restaurant?   Answer Question

Negotiation

very straight forward.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

Interview

Interview and hiring process is very easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin (Redmond, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Fairly basic interview process; start with a few questions regarding any concerns with resume/appearance/whatever, then the manager actually spends a few minutes trying to get to know you, and see if you're going to be personable or anxious and how your attitude is.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really prepared to answer this quesiton(though i should have been), but after we'd been over my resume with several years of related experience, I was asked what I was most worried about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

minimum wage plus tips. As you improve your shifts get longer and better, and your hours increase.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

It was very friendly and fun

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have any difficult question.. I have been serving for several years so it comes naturally to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just to figure out the best opportunity to start me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Red Robin (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

it was pretty quick and easy very laid back the guy who was interviewing me was very friendly and nice. The guy who interviewed made it easy and i didn't had a hard time answering the questions

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin (Apex, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview was mostly informal, and really more like a conversation with the manager that interviews you. There are some of the obvious questions, like "Where do you see yourself in one year? In five years?", etc.. My interview lasted a little more than half an hour, and was done right in the "Front of house", in a table usually used for Guests. There is also a high probability of being talked to by more than one single manager, i.e. the serving manager and then the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 1 year?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the table?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have?   1 Answer