Red Robin Server Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.1

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Robin.

It was very friendly and fun

Interview Questions
  • I didn't really have any difficult question.. I have been serving for several years so it comes naturally to me.   Answer Question
Just to figure out the best opportunity to start me.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Robin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin in September 2012.

They called about two weeks after I applied and I had two interviews. They were relatively close to each other in date. They were both with two different managers. The interviews were about half an hour long and the managers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very casual, yet very professional. Nothing was asked that I did not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicholasville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nicholasville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Robin in June 2012.

Have to meet with 3-4 different managers to go through the interview process. They make you meet with all the managers, and not just the GM.

Interview Questions
    • The GM at the time didn't ask me a single thing that was pertinent to the job. He talked about his engagement, made a few jokes, and then said that I started a few days later.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson City, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickson City, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Robin in September 2011.

I went in and asked if they were hiring, and then I got an application and filled it out. I took it back later that day, and asked to talk to the manager. Michelle is the General Manager there, and she was willing to interview me right there on the spot. She didn't even look at my application first. She did glance it over as we were sitting at one of the tables talking.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. She just wanted to know that I was planning on being there for more than 3 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Robin in June 2011.

I was interviewed by a few different managers, very simple questions about my experience and if I was a fast learner. Very easy.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Red Robin in February 2011.

2 Interviews and a long arduous following and training process were the main part of the hiring process. It took a long time to actually get to serve and it was like being in a college class room.

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in December 2010.

When I was hired you still had to fill out a paper application. I came in later at night so I knew it would not be during peek hours. I was able to speak to a manager instantly and pretty much hired me on the spot because I had previous serving experience. Now all applications are done online and you have to do a personality test that will be included with your application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in April 2010.

I applied and turned in my application on the same day. I received an interview that same day. After this I was contacted and asked to return for a second interview. After the second interview, I was asked to return for a third interview. During this third interview, I was hired on and brought back for a week of training.

Interview Questions
    • PLease tell me a situation where you were require to use exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Red Robin in February 2010.

Basic interview, it was a 1:1 on one of the empty tables sometime before lunch hour. Basic restaurant job, didn't ask many questions, had me talk for most of the time. Liked good high school record, offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with difficult customer relations in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Robin in November 2009.

The hiring process is much more extensive than any other restaurants. They have an initial interview and if they hire you there are several classrooms and training sessions. You are tested on just about everything, even things you don't need to know for your position. They time you on serving tables on the regular.