Red Ventures

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Ventures in July 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and about two days later I received an e-mail stating that my resume was accepted. I then had to choose a date for a phone screen. I chose the earliest date for a phone screen which was 1 week later. I missed the recruiter's phone call, however they called me back and wanted to know if I was still interested, I told them yes. They asked me what I knew about the company and I explained what I had researched about them and how their company matches my previous experience. The recruiter didn't seem to care about my experiences. She briefly talked about the company and 3 minutes later she asked if I would be available for an in-person interview.The in-person interview lasted 3 hours. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Q: If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable pay.

Web Copywriter Interview

Web Copywriter
Fort Mill, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to complete a writing assignment. I got an interview and met with a recruiter and 5 other people in the digital marketing side of the company. The interview was conversational and took about 3 hours. They hardly asked me any questions and instead tried to get a feel for my personality. We also reviewed my writing assignment.

Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview Details – The interview process was very organized and personal. We were grouped into 2 our three for a tour and then split off to view an actually sales training class

Interview Question – The practical portion of the interview was the most "difficult" portion of the interview however if you prepare with the materials they provide you with and just relax, my interviewer was supportive knowing that this is only the first time I'm selling him his own product.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was unable to relocate as I originally planned

Fort Mill, SC

I interviewed at Red Ventures in May 2014.

Interview Details – 10 minute phone screen, 20 minute phone interview, 3.5 hour campus interview consisting of touring the building, powerpoint presentation, behavioral interview with 2 mock phone sales with interviewer, 45 minutes of listening to an actual sales agent, 30 minute interview with 1 more mock sale.

Interview Question – How many things can you do with a garden hose?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my starting date but not salary

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with internal recruiter.
- Run of the mill intro, getting details, trying to smoke out salary requirements
Technical Phone Screen.
- Typical
Second Technical Phone Screen.
- Typical
4 Hour on-site interview.
- Meeting with business folks
- Several different technical sections, including a database section, programming problem, web technologies

Interview Question – Database Segment of on-site technical interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You won't make much progress negotiating a salary increase after you start working here; negotiate it up-front.

Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview Details – Started with interview day where there were hundreds of others & you were given a tour of the company &what it has to offer which ended with an interview where I was invited back to 2nd. The 2nd was by 2 different people trying to see if you're coachable

Interview Question – Showed me a pencil and asked what different things can I do and/ or make with a penci. This was a timed question   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Fort Mill, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Red Ventures in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview which was brief, the representative didn't seem overly focused which was frusterating. I've heard of good experiences, it just seems to depend on who you are in contact with. Everyone was nice, but it seemed to be only surface deep.The person who conducted the interview was different than the person it was scheduled with, which was never really explained.

Interview Question – Many of the questions were a bit vague and open ended.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Ventures in August 2011.

Interview Details – There were many people in the initial interview. You were required to prove your selling and closing skills on the spot. They definitely interview a lot of people and have a strong system for doing so. The hiring representatives were direct and to the point. During the interview it seemed like a very exciting environment.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell a pen to one of the hiring representatives, which I wasn't exactly prepared for. There were rapid fire questions that I wasn't prepared for. Were I to do it again I would prepare my answers better in order to come across clearer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The base pay was too low.

Fort Mill, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening/interview by a recruiter in which basics of your work history will be covered but also expect fun behavioral/personality questions too. Potential candidates would be invited to the campus to tour the facilities, have short interview and role play session with a performance manager, buddy-jack with a veteran sales agent. Upon satisfaction, an offer will be made through phone by the recruiter. Process was fairly quick.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity or where things did not go your way.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard for incoming new hires.

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

IT Infrastructure Engineer
Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within 2 days. The recruiter was very nice and it was a simple screening process, mostly about what I was looking for. I was passed on to the IT manager for a phone interview the following day.

The IT manager called late and basically went through my resume. Very nice guy. Described the position thoroughly. Said the next interview was going to be a little more technical with one of their staff. Scheduled it 2 days later.

The administrator interview was similar to the IT managers interview. Very nice guy again, covered the job description thoroughly and my resume.

I received a call that they wanted to have me in for an onsite interview next. They flew me out and put me in a very nice hotel with a rental car.

Came in the next day around 10AM for the interview. The recruiter showed me the 2 buildings of theirs and spoke about the next building they are putting up. Very nice campus.

Started off in a room with the IT manager. Very similar to the phone call with him, nice guy, showed me around, got a look at the data rooms and networking equipment, etc.

After that, the IT administrator came in and interviewed me. It wasn't very technical but did cover my resume in a bit more detail than before. He didn't ask any pointed technical questions, but did cover my resume and tried to get a feel for whether I knew what I was talking about or not.

Then, the Network Engineer came in with the technical interview. Asked a plethora of Cisco CCNP level questions.

Had lunch after, which they paid for. During lunch, they peppered me with questions about my resume. They were looking for more detail on each bullet point.

After lunch, I had 2 more interviews with a Vice President and his boss. Both very friendly guys. These were clearly cultural interviews, and the best fit for their culture is an outgoing, ambitious and motivated person. I thought they were pretty easy, personally, but I guess if you aren't that type of person it might be more difficult.

I received the job offer the following day.

Interview Question – What would you change to optimize spanning tree in a L2 environment?
(priorities for root)

Where would you configure spanning-tree root guard?
(uplinks)

What two additional features can be used for spanning tree optimization?
(bpduguard, bpdufilter, port-fast, etc)

What features could you implement for fiber problems resulting in a unidirectional link?
(UDLD & spanning tree loop guard)

Name the OSPF LSA types and describe each.
(google)

Why would the type 4 ASBR summary be used?
(E1 routes with multiple points of redistribution to area 0 for competing routes to the same external route)

What is BGP's loop prevention mechanism?
(AS_PATH attribute)

Why did you implement OSPF and not EIGRP in your network?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Long drive from where I was. Had another offer that was very comparable (less perks, more pay), but was 30 minutes closer. Was very difficult to turn it down, they have amazing perks, culture, and business model. I would reccommend this position if you live in South Charlotte or nearby in SC. Cool, cool place and good people.

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!