Red Ventures Interview Questions in Fort Mill, SC

Updated Aug 7, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

Met recruiters on college campus, went out for drinks with them, got an invitation to apply. Applied and the whole process took a month and a half. There's a phone screening, phone interview (about ten/fifteen minutes), and if you get through that process you have to come to the main campus for an on-site interview which takes several hours. This interview includes a tour and presentation which are all meant to make the company and telemarketing seem like the most fun ever, then you have an interview with a performance manager who goes through a mock sales script with you and asks you to critique yourself, and then they 'coach' you. THEN you go listen to another sales agent's calls for an hour and this is meant to help you pick up technique and salesmanship skills. THEN you have another interview with a different PM who has notes from the previous interview, and you go through the mock script again. After that, you are returned to the tour guide who takes you through the rest of the campus, and told you will hear from someone in the next couple days. I received an email almost immediately after I left the premise, and was offered a job within several days.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself is very, very simple. The most difficult part is the mock sales script and role-playing, especially if you don't have any experience in sales (which I didn't).   View Answer
    Can't really negotiate for the Inside Sales Position, they're very upfront about what you make. But there is room to make tons of money with the commission aspect... though, that also leaves room for improvement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Ventures in July 2014.

I submitted my resume online and about two days later I received an e-mail stating that my resume was accepted. I then had to choose a date for a phone screen. I chose the earliest date for a phone screen which was 1 week later. I missed the recruiter's phone call, however they called me back and wanted to know if I was still interested, I told them yes. They asked me what I knew about the company and I explained what I had researched about them and how their company matches my previous experience. The recruiter didn't seem to care about my experiences. She briefly talked about the company and 3 minutes later she asked if I would be available for an in-person interview.The in-person interview lasted 3 hours. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Q: If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

The interview process was very organized and personal. We were grouped into 2 our three for a tour and then split off to view an actually sales training class

Interview Questions
    • The practical portion of the interview was the most "difficult" portion of the interview however if you prepare with the materials they provide you with and just relax, my interviewer was supportive knowing that this is only the first time I'm selling him his own product.   Answer Question

I was unable to relocate as I originally planned

Web Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in June 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to complete a writing assignment. I got an interview and met with a recruiter and 5 other people in the digital marketing side of the company. The interview was conversational and took about 3 hours. They hardly asked me any questions and instead tried to get a feel for my personality. We also reviewed my writing assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

interviewed at Red Ventures in May 2014.

10 minute phone screen, 20 minute phone interview, 3.5 hour campus interview consisting of touring the building, powerpoint presentation, behavioral interview with 2 mock phone sales with interviewer, 45 minutes of listening to an actual sales agent, 30 minute interview with 1 more mock sale.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my starting date but not salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Ventures.

Started with interview day where there were hundreds of others & you were given a tour of the company &what it has to offer which ended with an interview where I was invited back to 2nd. The 2nd was by 2 different people trying to see if you're coachable

Interview Questions
    • Showed me a pencil and asked what different things can I do and/ or make with a penci. This was a timed question   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Red Ventures in September 2013.

I had a phone interview which was brief, the representative didn't seem overly focused which was frusterating. I've heard of good experiences, it just seems to depend on who you are in contact with. Everyone was nice, but it seemed to be only surface deep.The person who conducted the interview was different than the person it was scheduled with, which was never really explained.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were a bit vague and open ended.   Answer Question

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

I applied online and received a call within 2 days. The recruiter was very nice and it was a simple screening process, mostly about what I was looking for. I was passed on to the IT manager for a phone interview the following day.

The IT manager called late and basically went through my resume. Very nice guy. Described the position thoroughly. Said the next interview was going to be a little more technical with one of their staff. Scheduled it 2 days later.

The administrator interview was similar to the IT managers interview. Very nice guy again, covered the job description thoroughly and my resume.

I received a call that they wanted to have me in for an onsite interview next. They flew me out and put me in a very nice hotel with a rental car.

Came in the next day around 10AM for the interview. The recruiter showed me the 2 buildings of theirs and spoke about the next building they are putting up. Very nice campus.

Started off in a room with the IT manager. Very similar to the phone call with him, nice guy, showed me around, got a look at the data rooms and networking equipment, etc.

After that, the IT administrator came in and interviewed me. It wasn't very technical but did cover my resume in a bit more detail than before. He didn't ask any pointed technical questions, but did cover my resume and tried to get a feel for whether I knew what I was talking about or not.

Then, the Network Engineer came in with the technical interview. Asked a plethora of Cisco CCNP level questions.

Had lunch after, which they paid for. During lunch, they peppered me with questions about my resume. They were looking for more detail on each bullet point.

After lunch, I had 2 more interviews with a Vice President and his boss. Both very friendly guys. These were clearly cultural interviews, and the best fit for their culture is an outgoing, ambitious and motivated person. I thought they were pretty easy, personally, but I guess if you aren't that type of person it might be more difficult.

I received the job offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change to optimize spanning tree in a L2 environment?
      (priorities for root)

Where would you configure spanning-tree root guard?
      (uplinks)

What two additional features can be used for spanning tree optimization?
      (bpduguard, bpdufilter, port-fast, etc)

What features could you implement for fiber problems resulting in a unidirectional link?
      (UDLD & spanning tree loop guard)

Name the OSPF LSA types and describe each.
      (google)

Why would the type 4 ASBR summary be used?
      (E1 routes with multiple points of redistribution to area 0 for competing routes to the same external route)

What is BGP's loop prevention mechanism?
      (AS_PATH attribute)

Why did you implement OSPF and not EIGRP in your network?
        Answer Question

Long drive from where I was. Had another offer that was very comparable (less perks, more pay), but was 30 minutes closer. Was very difficult to turn it down, they have amazing perks, culture, and business model. I would reccommend this position if you live in South Charlotte or nearby in SC. Cool, cool place and good people.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Red Ventures.

After 3 phone screenings, Red Ventures graciously flew me out to Charlotte NC, paid for my hotel and Rental car, so that I may have an all day interview with them. It was a really great experienced, and i spent a Day being interviewed by half a dozen developers and business people. The most intriguing part of the day was the Whiteboard process, in which 2 developers sit in a room with you and ask you to theorycraft up the entire design process for a random webpage/web application

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Ventures in June 2012.

Group of interviewees met and were given a tour of the building and the cafeteria. Afterwards, we were given a short presentation about the company and what the job would be like and what sort of schedule we could expect. I was then given a short (30 minutes) individual interview. I was told that I seemed like I would be a good fit and was told to schedule a second round interview at a later date.
    For the second round interview, I was given a script that I was told I would have to read word for word while we performed a mock sales call (there were places for improvisation). The person interviewing me told me before hand that his reason for not purchasing the item would be that it was too expensive. He told me that he would give me 5 minutes to think about what I would say to try and still make the sale. He returned to the room roughly a minute late and the mock sales call began. Afterwards, he gave me feedback about where he thought I could improve.
    Next, I was paired with a current salesman and was told to listen in on his calls and think about what I thought he was doing well and what I would do differently. The headphones that they had me use kept malfunctioning and by the time we were about to find a pair that worked correctly, I only had about 5 minutes to listen so this portion of the interview did not really give me the opportunity to learn anything about the company.
    Finally, I was pulled into another office for a final interview. We talked for a while about my experiences earlier that day and what I learned from each of them. We then performed another mock sales call. The interviewer then told me that I would be contacted at a later date.

Interview Questions
    • Name ten uses that you can then of for a paper clip.   Answer Question
    • talk about a time that you overcame adversity to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question