Red Ventures Interview Questions in Fort Mill, SC

Updated Aug 7, 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

Met recruiters on college campus, went out for drinks with them, got an invitation to apply. Applied and the whole process took a month and a half. There's a phone screening, phone interview (about ten/fifteen minutes), and if you get through that process you have to come to the main campus for an on-site interview which takes several hours. This interview includes a tour and presentation which are all meant to make the company and telemarketing seem like the most fun ever, then you have an interview with a performance manager who goes through a mock sales script with you and asks you to critique yourself, and then they 'coach' you. THEN you go listen to another sales agent's calls for an hour and this is meant to help you pick up technique and salesmanship skills. THEN you have another interview with a different PM who has notes from the previous interview, and you go through the mock script again. After that, you are returned to the tour guide who takes you through the rest of the campus, and told you will hear from someone in the next couple days. I received an email almost immediately after I left the premise, and was offered a job within several days.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself is very, very simple. The most difficult part is the mock sales script and role-playing, especially if you don't have any experience in sales (which I didn't).   View Answer
    Can't really negotiate for the Inside Sales Position, they're very upfront about what you make. But there is room to make tons of money with the commission aspect... though, that also leaves room for improvement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Ventures in July 2014.

I submitted my resume online and about two days later I received an e-mail stating that my resume was accepted. I then had to choose a date for a phone screen. I chose the earliest date for a phone screen which was 1 week later. I missed the recruiter's phone call, however they called me back and wanted to know if I was still interested, I told them yes. They asked me what I knew about the company and I explained what I had researched about them and how their company matches my previous experience. The recruiter didn't seem to care about my experiences. She briefly talked about the company and 3 minutes later she asked if I would be available for an in-person interview.The in-person interview lasted 3 hours. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Q: If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable pay.

Web Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in June 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to complete a writing assignment. I got an interview and met with a recruiter and 5 other people in the digital marketing side of the company. The interview was conversational and took about 3 hours. They hardly asked me any questions and instead tried to get a feel for my personality. We also reviewed my writing assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

The interview process was very organized and personal. We were grouped into 2 our three for a tour and then split off to view an actually sales training class

Interview Questions
    • The practical portion of the interview was the most "difficult" portion of the interview however if you prepare with the materials they provide you with and just relax, my interviewer was supportive knowing that this is only the first time I'm selling him his own product.   Answer Question

I was unable to relocate as I originally planned

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

interviewed at Red Ventures in May 2014.

10 minute phone screen, 20 minute phone interview, 3.5 hour campus interview consisting of touring the building, powerpoint presentation, behavioral interview with 2 mock phone sales with interviewer, 45 minutes of listening to an actual sales agent, 30 minute interview with 1 more mock sale.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my starting date but not salary

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in March 2011.

Initial phone screen with internal recruiter.
    - Run of the mill intro, getting details, trying to smoke out salary requirements
    Technical Phone Screen.
    - Typical
    Second Technical Phone Screen.
    - Typical
    4 Hour on-site interview.
    - Meeting with business folks
    - Several different technical sections, including a database section, programming problem, web technologies

Interview Questions
    You won't make much progress negotiating a salary increase after you start working here; negotiate it up-front.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Ventures.

Started with interview day where there were hundreds of others & you were given a tour of the company &what it has to offer which ended with an interview where I was invited back to 2nd. The 2nd was by 2 different people trying to see if you're coachable

Interview Questions
    • Showed me a pencil and asked what different things can I do and/ or make with a penci. This was a timed question   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Red Ventures in September 2013.

I had a phone interview which was brief, the representative didn't seem overly focused which was frusterating. I've heard of good experiences, it just seems to depend on who you are in contact with. Everyone was nice, but it seemed to be only surface deep.The person who conducted the interview was different than the person it was scheduled with, which was never really explained.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were a bit vague and open ended.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Red Ventures in August 2011.

There were many people in the initial interview. You were required to prove your selling and closing skills on the spot. They definitely interview a lot of people and have a strong system for doing so. The hiring representatives were direct and to the point. During the interview it seemed like a very exciting environment.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell a pen to one of the hiring representatives, which I wasn't exactly prepared for. There were rapid fire questions that I wasn't prepared for. Were I to do it again I would prepare my answers better in order to come across clearer.   Answer Question

The base pay was too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in January 2011.

Initial phone screening/interview by a recruiter in which basics of your work history will be covered but also expect fun behavioral/personality questions too. Potential candidates would be invited to the campus to tour the facilities, have short interview and role play session with a performance manager, buddy-jack with a veteran sales agent. Upon satisfaction, an offer will be made through phone by the recruiter. Process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to overcome adversity or where things did not go your way.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Standard for incoming new hires.

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!