Red Ventures Inside Sales Interview Questions

2.8

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

I first applied online and heard back from an HR rep about 4 days later. Two days later I had my first interview with a hiring manager. The interview lasted about 25 minutes and was straight forward about my experience, my goals and my resume. Following that I was asked to come to their office in Fort Mill for a second interview. The on-site interview consisted of a tour with about 10 other candidates and then one on one interviews. Following a short break, there was a second interview. I was on-site for about 3.5hours. A week later I heard back and was offered a position. The whole process took about a month.

none. offer letter.

Other Interview Reviews for Red Ventures

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Ventures in March 2013.

The campus representative came to our campus and held a "private event" at a local bar. They were obviously trying to wine and dine people in order to gain their affection and make themselves seem like a "cool" company. They would chat in circles and answer questions thrown out by the crowd. From there they offered a phone interview which was only about 15 minutes where they mainly asked about extra curricular activities and your favorite/least favorite classes and why. About two days later I received an e-mail that invited me down to their headquarters in Fort Mill to interview there as well as take a campus tour. I declined the campus visit because I received a better offer at the time.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult class and why?   View Answer

They really try to sell the fun atmosphere of the company but I think that they are using that to cover up the $10/hr pay and strict guidelines on clocking in and clocking out for every minute you work as well as the awful shifts (late nights and weekends) that they make you work. Also, I am not looking for a job that so closely resembles telemarketing. A company has to be more than just fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Ventures in June 2012.

The work zone looked & sounded a lot like a college dorm. I felt like a parent looking on, if ya know what I mean, and the vibe I got immediately upon meeting Interviewer #3 was rather cold, uninterested and oddly uncomfortable. Looking back at it now, the interview process seemed like it was mostly about whether the interviewers simply like you based on your reactionary responses to a couple of one dimensional, overly simplistic questions. RV seems to want salespeople who “can creatively think on their feet” but the trendy questions they enjoy throwing at people don’t measure a person’s integrity, probe their competence or assess their ability to be creative and persuasive. They must think putting people on the spot brings out the best in them while showcasing a person’s potential.

Interview Questions
    • "Pick an over-arching theme song to describe your life".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Ventures in June 2012.

I applied for the Inside Sales position available on the Red Ventures website. I was contacted about 10 days after applying and after the basic questions, was schedule for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well and I was invited into their location. Once arriving, I realized that it just wasn't for me. Maybe the grandiose idea of casual dress and a competitive environment led me to see this position through rose-colored glasses. At the start of the 1-on-1 interview, I knew it wasn't for me. I informed the interviewer that I appreciated their time, but I didn't want to waste their time and let them focus on someone else. I think that sitting in a little cubicle selling alarm systems may have it's high points, but I just couldn't see myself doing it for very long before losing my mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Ventures in February 2012.

I first applied online then I received a reply email saying that they were reviewing my application and that if they were interested they would give me a call. Exactly a day later I got a call and had a on the phone interview which took about 20 minutes, very basic preliminary questions. After the initial phone interview I was ask to come in 3 days after the phone interview. I was told to be there at 9 am. I then sat and had an interview 1 on 1 with a one of the sales managers. She very much to the point and blunt about the business, which is selling alarm systems for ADT and Direct TV. She then said that in order to stay with the company you must have a 50% close rate on the first time callers. I'vd been a salesman my whole life I consider myself to have the gift of gab but even to me 50% seemed unrealistic. Then they give you a script to role play. Once you go through the role play you then sit in with an actual person on the call center sales floor. I listened in for about an hour and got the idea of what you would actually do. After the listening part they take you back again and have you read the script again and role play with them on how to sell an alarm system. I felt that I did prfetty well with the role play since I have done this before in the past with other companies and was sucessful at it. They then said thank you and said that I would hear back in a few days. I received an email from them stating that they went with other candidates and that they were not going any further in the hiring process. I guess what I would take away with this is you better be super aggressive in the role play and close like crazy and you can't take no for an answer. If you can work in this type of environement then good luck to you.

Interview Questions
    • How many no's do you hear before you realize the sale is dead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Ventures in January 2012.

I heard about Red Ventures from a friend of mine who lives on a remote ranch in Utopia, Texas. I researched the company and was pleased to find how diverse they are. They interviewed me one on one for about thirty minutes and thanked me for my time. I received a call a week later and was asked to interview again. It was a tough interview as they are looking for someone who refuses to say know and is creative. I really mean creative. I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How many no's do you take before you are satisfied with no?   Answer Question
    • You need to obtain a customers' personal information within three minutes. There are no rules in how you obtain it. Remember, there are no rules.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in January 2012.

Once they had received my application the next day they called to setup a 30 minute phone interview. Being very thorough and clear in my responses the interview only lasted about 15 minutes. We scheduled an on sight interview later that week. Before I could get to my interview the fire alarm went off and was unable to go. I emailed the recruiter and she was very prompt and apologized and set up another on site interview for the next day.

On arrival I was greeted at the front desk and signed in and took my visitors pass. The interviewer came out and we went to a cramped cubicle with a few holes in the wall. It was your typical interview. Reviewing past job history and qualifications.

She then asked me to try to sell her Directv plan. Having prior sales experience I overcame the objections and closed the sale. That was basically what she was looking for. She then gave me the opportunity to ask her questions about the job. I asked about benefits and opportunities for advancement. When asking about advancement she gave me her life story. I'm sorry but I don't care about your career advancement I want to know what I can expect. I changed my wording a bit and asked the same question. She then took about 10 minutes to make sales manager sound like an exciting position, which was one above sales associate.

I then had to sit in on some calls. My interviewer said I would sit there and listen for about two hours. Employees were crammed into tiny cubicles with their faces glued to the screen. The girl I sat with would mute her phone and whisper rude things about the customer she was on the phone with. There was a guy walking around aimlessly tossing a football in the air.

About half way through the listening the fire alarm went off again. The girl looked at me and said, "Some people really hate this place," and threw her headset down. There was still a customer on the phone.

When I got outside I saw my interviewer and she said quite rudely, "Meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot." Once I got there she found me and said some one will call me later.

A girl called later and said instead of having another on site interview they would have another phone interview. We scheduled one for Tuesday the following week. Previous conversations with people from the company said they wanted to get my interviews in before Monday because that is when they start a new training program. Good thing Tuesday is after Monday (it's hard to convey sarcasm through text).

I had the phone interview which was supposed to be a mock call. The person I was talking with before I started the mock call sounded like he was new at this and used a lot of "Uh" and "Um's." There was a lot of back ground noise on his end making it difficult for me to hear him. I did everything the script told me to do. He said I did great and that he would send positive notes to HR.

A few days later I got a very generic rejection email. It was a waste of my time to drive to their location twice only to get interrupted by a fire alarm. I know you can't control fire alarms, but you can control your employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Ventures in September 2011.

Applied to attend their open house online. When I arrived at my certain time slot, there were about 30 other people there. They first walk you around their fresh, new, technology savvy "Lead Generator and Web Development Building". This is how they draw you in, letting you see how much "fun" they have on the job. Xbox, ball pits, nerf guns, you name it. It also has a cafe where everything is "$4". You spend the majority of your time here until you then move to their older, more cramped, building. If you are applying for the Inside Sales position, THIS is where you will be working. It is a call center, plain as that. Noisy, cramped, people tethered to their desk by their headset and computer. You have to raise your hand to use the bathroom and are only allowed if the call volume is at a minimum.

In the open house they quickly whisk you through the call center, only letting you get a glimpse of the possible hell you might be getting yourself into. After a presentation in an adjacent conference room, they plaster you with "work hard to play hard" and "room for advancement" among other phrases that make it seem like a great place to work. They also hint every so often about their award for being one of Charlotte's "Best Places to Work". Once that was over, they call people by their names for a 1 on 1 interview. They ask a little about your work history, why Red Ventures, what are the 3 most important characteristics of a sales agent and what makes you different and stand out.

I was called back about how they thought I would be a great fit for the company and 3 days later I returned to the call center for another interview. The first guy I met was unprofessional in both his demeanor and actions. I had to wait 15 minutes after my scheduled time just to meet with this guy. He asked me to sell him my cell phone and afterwards I spent 2 hours listening in on a headset to one of their call center employees receive calls. Once that was over, a different manager, more professional in all appearances than the first, basically asked me what I thought, why I might be a good fit and to once again, sell my cell phone to him.

Overall, I did get an offer to work for one of their businesses selling a home security system. I declined due to reviews on this site about actually working there and my personal experience with the process of the interview. The company overall has a large turnover rate and really depends on how well you can meet their ever changing sales goals. Keep in mind with such a large turnover, the room for error is quite small; if you aren't bringing in the money.

Interview Questions

There is really nothing wrong with this company if you feel you can devote the 10+ hours a day to actually meet your sales goals. They have an ever-changing commission platform, and despite what they tell you in either the open house or job fairs, they secretly require you to use selling techniques many may be uncomfortable with. Would recommend this job to those who are single, don't mind having little time outside of work and are willing to go the extra 100 miles to achieve an ever changing goal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Red Ventures in August 2011.

Went in to job fair to be shown around the place, given a short presentation and about a 15 minute one-on-one interview. Got called back a few days later to set up the formal interview. Went back in. Had about a 30-45 minute interview with one of the lower managers. Then was hooked in to one of the other sales members phones so I could listen in to what they did. Listened in for about an hour with one girl, then 30 minutes with another salesman. Then went in to interview with a hire manager. Conducted a mock sale (was presented with a script which had a few places for improvisation, a sheet describing the product I was selling, and 15 minutes to prepare). After that, answered a few more questions about why I wanted to work there, and that was it. Took a little over 3 hours to complete, with the listening in to sales part taking up most of the time.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to order a steak medium rare, and received a steak well done, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What sets you apart from another person interviewing for the same position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in August 2011.

They seemed very focused on their 'fun' culture- may be a good job for young people- first job. Was loud and a bit chaotic on sales floor. They always have the numbers on display-ie, the sales numbers- all around the worksite-this is an interesting concept as everyone always knows if the goals are being met. Could be interpreted as a bit big brotherish by some, but not in my opinion.
    People attending the job fair red ventures had ranged from professional to wearing a tshirt and baseball cap.

Interview Questions

Not quite my style-I prefer a quiet, more professional environment.

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!