Red Ventures

2.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Phone interview...about 20 minutes+. Basic interview with resume questions and what would you do questions. Second interview is an onsite interview. This is a few hours and can be a little nerve racking, but isn't too bad. Meet with several different PM's performance managers and then do a sit in with a current sales agent to shadow to see what the job is like.

Interview Questions
  • You have to do a scenario with a sales script with several managers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Ventures

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Ventures in November 2014.

I applied online through their website. They emailed me back within a week to schedule a phone screening that lasted about 5 minutes. During this time, the person I spoke with was upfront about the awful hours that would be scheduled (nights until midnight or later). At the end of the call, we scheduled an onsite interview for a few days later. At the onsite interview, I was first taken into a 1:1 interview in a side room. We went over the hours again and I was asked pretty general questions, nothing too difficult and nothing that would send up a red flag in my mind that I had to get right or else I'd get weeded out. From there I went on a tour of the newest building (RV3) where I was shown some of the amenities like the bowling alley, cafe, and yoga studio. We also walked through some of the call floor and then went into a one-hour presentation on the company where we listened in on a phone call. Everyone else seemed to be impressed by the amenities and casual dress but to me it all felt a bit off. There's a relaxed atmosphere and then there's going too far, and I got the impression that the envelope was pushed a little too far in this regard, like some could forget they're at work and push professional boundaries. Seeing some of the employees joking around the way they were just seemed a little unprofessional to me. They have prizes for top pranksters, as if they encourage that kind of behavior or something. I'm all for having fun and enjoying being at work, but to me it seemed a little much. The employees I met were all really nice but I didn't think this was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Which job, that you have had previously, did you like least and why?   Answer Question

I wasn't a fan of the overly casual culture; it felt like I was back in high school or hanging out at a frat house. A lot of the employees are fresh out of undergrad.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Ventures in September 2014.

Applied online, contacted by email 3 days later. Interview took 3 steps. First an introductory phone email where they go over the job and get a feel for you.

Next there is a more indepth 30 minute phone interview where they ask questions regarding your personality and drive, also ask about previous experience and how you handled hard situations in life and work. Pretty standard. They really are looking for someone with assertive traits who is highly motivated (like all sales).

If you get past this interview they invite you for an onsite tour that lasts about 2.5 hours. They will also send you a sales script. MAKE SURE YOU STUDY IT. During this tour you see the building ( which is awesome) and you interview with 2 hiring managers who ask you questions about your work experience and personality.

Then you are expected to go through a mock sales call with both of them. During this you are critiqued about your technique and given pointers. It is imperative that you take the pointers and improve on them. So make sure you pay attention, take notes, and improve.

My advice, STUDY AND PREPARE! Make sure you speak with confidence, and CLOSE in a timely fashion on your mock sales call.

Overall, a normal and fun interview. Just be prepared with normal interview questions and be confident.

Interview Questions
    • Name as many uses for a garden hose as possible in one minute   View Answer
    None

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Very simple process. First you are given a 5 minute phone interview (easy, I think they just want to make sure you know how to speak) then you are given a 30 minute phone interview that dives into some of your previous work experience. After that I was called onsite for about a three-and-a-half hour day of tours, meeting people and listening in on sales calls.

Im not really sure why people say the company tries to disguise that this is phone sales. They definitely dont. It's out in the open. But I think they approach the monotony of sales in a very unique way with incentives, prizes, etc.

You have to do a mock script of a sales call--once again, very easy.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You get commission and you determine how much you make.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Ventures.

I was asked to review a series of questions and to be prepared to present a mock phone call. I was asked questions like if you could invent anything what would it be and why?

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest professional or personal event I ever had to experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Ventures in July 2014.

I submitted my resume online and about two days later I received an e-mail stating that my resume was accepted. I then had to choose a date for a phone screen. I chose the earliest date for a phone screen which was 1 week later. I missed the recruiter's phone call, however they called me back and wanted to know if I was still interested, I told them yes. They asked me what I knew about the company and I explained what I had researched about them and how their company matches my previous experience. The recruiter didn't seem to care about my experiences. She briefly talked about the company and 3 minutes later she asked if I would be available for an in-person interview.The in-person interview lasted 3 hours. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Q: If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable pay.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Ventures.

It was a phone interview for no more than 4 minutes. I was asked how did I here about the company? Would I be opening to there late hour shifts? I don't understand how are they able to find a potential candidate for the position if the interview is only 4 minutes long. Truly I don't understand what I didn't get consider the position I answer the question with ease and the potential answers they wanted to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

The interview process was very organized and personal. We were grouped into 2 our three for a tour and then split off to view an actually sales training class

Interview Questions
    • The practical portion of the interview was the most "difficult" portion of the interview however if you prepare with the materials they provide you with and just relax, my interviewer was supportive knowing that this is only the first time I'm selling him his own product.   Answer Question

I was unable to relocate as I originally planned

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

interviewed at Red Ventures in May 2014.

10 minute phone screen, 20 minute phone interview, 3.5 hour campus interview consisting of touring the building, powerpoint presentation, behavioral interview with 2 mock phone sales with interviewer, 45 minutes of listening to an actual sales agent, 30 minute interview with 1 more mock sale.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my starting date but not salary

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Red Ventures in April 2014.

Pretty straight forward. Phone interview, group panel interview, then one on one interview. Took about a week for everything. They really tried to sell the basketball gym and food court.

Interview Questions

I couldn't work in an environment where i was getting pegged by nerd guns all day