Red Ventures Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

3.2

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Phone interview then onsite interview. The person I interviewed talked like a bobble head and was very arrogant. I read an article on North Korea once and this place reminded me too much of it so I turned the offer down. Seemed like a very controlling and fake environment. Interview was easy enough but I believe it's like applying for Mc Donald's just about everyone gets an offer. Be prepared to read from a script to do a sales pitch.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures (Fort Mill, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

brief and pleasant phone interview/ asked one clarifying question re. my past employment history/ asked to do a mock sales presentation with an interviewer/ answered other questions regarding my history, interests, my fit within the company with a small panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Red Ventures   1 Answer

Negotiation

straight forward

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

I Had an online app. Phone screening. In person interview/tour. There were several people waiting to be interviewed. Don't be afraid to ask questioned and be enerrgetic. I don't think I was energetic enough.

Interview Questions

• We are not looking for customer service people, but aggressive salesmanship. Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

Interview was pretty typical with behavioral half and technical half. Hard to tell if it went well or not. Two different interviewers who both try to get to know you in order to best serve their company and if they want you to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Technical question involved their business funnel of getting customers through search ads and such.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview

The interview started with a group interview/ seminar and tour during which we talked about Red Ventures, and did a general Q&A. After that we were taken individually and interviewed, and were then paired with an existing employee to listen in on phone conversations. After that we were interviewed by one more person, and then we were sent on our way. The interview process was very comfortable and I felt very at ease the whole time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in January 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was a good experience. It started with a typical phone interview with an HR rep that basically wanted to see if you understood and met the qualifications for the job. Then you are invited to an onsite visit and interview. During my first visit, the very first thing I had to do is a break/fix scenario which is essentially a stress test. They do this to ensure you can actually do what you say you can do. I then had a 40 minute interview with the IT department head in which he told me he was sure they would have me back. He then gave me a tour of buildings 2 and 3. I was invited for the 2nd round of interviews a week later. I met with 3 people over lunch (on them) in one of their restaurants. Lunch was also an interview. I then had 3 subsequent 30 minute interviews (1 on 1) with 3 different people including my would be direct supervisor, a big-wig HR lady and the CAO of IT. The interview were fine. not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Paid Search Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online; Heard back from HR recruiter 1 week later to set up phone screening. Asked mainly behavioral, why I chose my college, major, etc.

Moved on to second phone interview; This was a case interview with a Senior Paid Search Associate. They give you general info prior to the interview and essentially this is just to see if you can do mental math (they ask you not to use a calculator). The case was pretty straight forward and seems like a typical scenario for someone in this role. I recommend to become familiar with SEO terms just so you are not thrown off.

Next step would have been on-site and most likely they would be looking at fit and 1 or 2 more case questions. I think they were mainly concerned with my experience and why I was leaving my company so early.

Interview Questions

• 1.After multiplying and dividing several times, how many calls lead to activation and what was RV's profit?

2. Without doing the math again, would you rather have an 15% increase in clicks or a 5% increase in activations?

3. How would you increase your click-through-rate?

1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Ventures (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

They sent me an email to scheduld the phone interview. First phone interview they give you a description of the job and ask vague questions. Then set up a second phone interview which includes more vague questions which have very little to do with the ability to do the job.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Red Ventures came onto my college campus in full force, with a pretty intense focus on pushing their brand at us. I was able to network with many people and it was great to meet many really interesting and cool people. Once selected for an interview, one must do both a behavioral interview and a case study. If selected to advance, the next round occurs in Charlotte at the HQ.

Interview Questions

• The Case Study was not challenging, but it can be difficult to do mental math under pressure.   Answer Question

SEO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indian Trail, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Red Ventures (Indian Trail, NC).

Interview

The executives were all great to interview with - very professional, knowledgeable etc. They were a class act. The HR professional however was not as professional. I feel some of the incorrect information she provided me may have hurt my interview performance. Be prepared to meet people that you were not expecting to meet and for the interview to end unexpectedly. I did not have a chance to make a closing statement to the executives given the miscommunication about the process from HR.

Interview Questions

• Many people said the questions were tough, but I found them to be fair and not too hard.   Answer Question