Red Ventures Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

3.3

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Ventures in September 2014.

Very simple process. First you are given a 5 minute phone interview (easy, I think they just want to make sure you know how to speak) then you are given a 30 minute phone interview that dives into some of your previous work experience. After that I was called onsite for about a three-and-a-half hour day of tours, meeting people and listening in on sales calls.

Im not really sure why people say the company tries to disguise that this is phone sales. They definitely dont. It's out in the open. But I think they approach the monotony of sales in a very unique way with incentives, prizes, etc.

You have to do a mock script of a sales call--once again, very easy.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You get commission and you determine how much you make.

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

Met recruiters on college campus, went out for drinks with them, got an invitation to apply. Applied and the whole process took a month and a half. There's a phone screening, phone interview (about ten/fifteen minutes), and if you get through that process you have to come to the main campus for an on-site interview which takes several hours. This interview includes a tour and presentation which are all meant to make the company and telemarketing seem like the most fun ever, then you have an interview with a performance manager who goes through a mock sales script with you and asks you to critique yourself, and then they 'coach' you. THEN you go listen to another sales agent's calls for an hour and this is meant to help you pick up technique and salesmanship skills. THEN you have another interview with a different PM who has notes from the previous interview, and you go through the mock script again. After that, you are returned to the tour guide who takes you through the rest of the campus, and told you will hear from someone in the next couple days. I received an email almost immediately after I left the premise, and was offered a job within several days.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself is very, very simple. The most difficult part is the mock sales script and role-playing, especially if you don't have any experience in sales (which I didn't).   View Answer
    Can't really negotiate for the Inside Sales Position, they're very upfront about what you make. But there is room to make tons of money with the commission aspect... though, that also leaves room for improvement.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Red Ventures.

I was asked to review a series of questions and to be prepared to present a mock phone call. I was asked questions like if you could invent anything what would it be and why?

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest professional or personal event I ever had to experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Ventures in July 2014.

I submitted my resume online and about two days later I received an e-mail stating that my resume was accepted. I then had to choose a date for a phone screen. I chose the earliest date for a phone screen which was 1 week later. I missed the recruiter's phone call, however they called me back and wanted to know if I was still interested, I told them yes. They asked me what I knew about the company and I explained what I had researched about them and how their company matches my previous experience. The recruiter didn't seem to care about my experiences. She briefly talked about the company and 3 minutes later she asked if I would be available for an in-person interview.The in-person interview lasted 3 hours. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Q: If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable pay.

Web Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

The interview process is intense, but it is effective at identifying talented people. There are usually multiple phone interviews and an extensive on-site interview that lasts several hours. The on-site interview consists of multiple skill interviews for technical knowledge, followed by several business team member interviews that help determine if you would be a good fit for the RV culture.

Interview Questions
    • There is a whiteboard scenario that you have to draw out that definitely reveals what you know and don't know. It's ok to not know an answer, just don't try to fake it.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Ventures.

It was a phone interview for no more than 4 minutes. I was asked how did I here about the company? Would I be opening to there late hour shifts? I don't understand how are they able to find a potential candidate for the position if the interview is only 4 minutes long. Truly I don't understand what I didn't get consider the position I answer the question with ease and the potential answers they wanted to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures.

The interview process was very organized and personal. We were grouped into 2 our three for a tour and then split off to view an actually sales training class

Interview Questions
    • The practical portion of the interview was the most "difficult" portion of the interview however if you prepare with the materials they provide you with and just relax, my interviewer was supportive knowing that this is only the first time I'm selling him his own product.   Answer Question

I was unable to relocate as I originally planned

Web Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in June 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to complete a writing assignment. I got an interview and met with a recruiter and 5 other people in the digital marketing side of the company. The interview was conversational and took about 3 hours. They hardly asked me any questions and instead tried to get a feel for my personality. We also reviewed my writing assignment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

interviewed at Red Ventures in May 2014.

10 minute phone screen, 20 minute phone interview, 3.5 hour campus interview consisting of touring the building, powerpoint presentation, behavioral interview with 2 mock phone sales with interviewer, 45 minutes of listening to an actual sales agent, 30 minute interview with 1 more mock sale.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my starting date but not salary

Strategic Analyst Interview

I was in contact with one woman throughout the process, which made it easy to reach out and check in when I had questions. I had two phone interviews: one behavioral, one case. Then I drove down for an in-person final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • The last interview is a case with an excel spreadsheet that you get 45 minutes to work on. The most difficult question was answering why I ranked the options the way that I did. For this company, base all decisions on the numbers.   Answer Question

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!