Red Ventures

Updated Feb 12, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Ventures.

Started with interview day where there were hundreds of others & you were given a tour of the company &what it has to offer which ended with an interview where I was invited back to 2nd. The 2nd was by 2 different people trying to see if you're coachable

Interview Questions
    • Showed me a pencil and asked what different things can I do and/ or make with a penci. This was a timed question   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in February 2014.

1st round: College recruiting. 30 min behavioral and 30 min case interview. Case was easy.

2nd round interviews: Started with a tour. Then had four 30-45 min interviews where they asked a few behavioral questions then discussed the case. These cases were much harder than the initial one. Lunch then final group case where you had 30 min to read and analyze the case yourself. You came together as a group (4 other people) to discuss but not necessarily agree on conclusions. Higher management came in and took note of who talked about what.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part were the cases (2nd round). They're not your typical consulting cases, but they still require strategy and a conceptual view of the data. That was definitely the hardest, but the actual calculation/math part was easy.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

pitch, shadow, and a couple of interviews with two different people. its about 3 hours of nonsense

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult...just tell them you are motivated by money.... they ask ten things you can do with a paperclip   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in February 2014.

Applied to the position, and was emailed about a phone interview. The interview was 10-15 minutes long. It was the most uncomfortable interview possible, it was awkward and the girl that I spoke with sounded like she didn't know what she was doing.

Interview Questions
    • Why I was interested in this job; Did I relocate? Why did I want to apply to a job out of state?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in December 2013.

I learned about the available positions through a friend and became very intrigued. I did some research and began applying for various entry level positions within Red Ventures. I was emailed upon review of my application and resume. Red Ventures was very prompt and professional when it came to communicating interview times and job description.

Interview Questions
    • " If you could invent anything, what would it be?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Ventures in December 2013.

It was easiest interview I ever did

Interview Questions
    none everyone gets same salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in October 2013.

I got in touch with a rep from RV through a job expo at my university. Was then contacted shortly after and scheduled interview at the Charlotte/Fort Mill location. Interview was straight forward. Took tour of offices and did mock sales call. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • You have 1 minutes, give me every use for a paperclip.   Answer Question
    none

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Red Ventures in October 2013.

First interview was good, 30 minutes or so just going over my resume with the interviewer. Second interview with a younger man was horrible. Being interviewed for a digital marketing position, I'd assume that the interviewer would be familiar with the field. For the record, I've worked in the digital marketing field for many, many years (likely more than most at Red Ventures considering this is a field that is slightly more new). The interviewer was unfamiliar with terms that I used, and I'm fairly certain this played against me in the interview. Point being, interview was crummy. I've interviewed with difficult firms, and even if not offered the position, didn't have a negative experience. The interview questions were ridiculous and pointless. Actually have a friend who used to work there, and after my interview process, he told me about his experience at the company. Shortly put, I'll say I'm glad I was not offered the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Red Ventures in September 2013.

I had a phone interview which was brief, the representative didn't seem overly focused which was frusterating. I've heard of good experiences, it just seems to depend on who you are in contact with. Everyone was nice, but it seemed to be only surface deep.The person who conducted the interview was different than the person it was scheduled with, which was never really explained.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were a bit vague and open ended.   Answer Question

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

I applied online and received a call within 2 days. The recruiter was very nice and it was a simple screening process, mostly about what I was looking for. I was passed on to the IT manager for a phone interview the following day.

The IT manager called late and basically went through my resume. Very nice guy. Described the position thoroughly. Said the next interview was going to be a little more technical with one of their staff. Scheduled it 2 days later.

The administrator interview was similar to the IT managers interview. Very nice guy again, covered the job description thoroughly and my resume.

I received a call that they wanted to have me in for an onsite interview next. They flew me out and put me in a very nice hotel with a rental car.

Came in the next day around 10AM for the interview. The recruiter showed me the 2 buildings of theirs and spoke about the next building they are putting up. Very nice campus.

Started off in a room with the IT manager. Very similar to the phone call with him, nice guy, showed me around, got a look at the data rooms and networking equipment, etc.

After that, the IT administrator came in and interviewed me. It wasn't very technical but did cover my resume in a bit more detail than before. He didn't ask any pointed technical questions, but did cover my resume and tried to get a feel for whether I knew what I was talking about or not.

Then, the Network Engineer came in with the technical interview. Asked a plethora of Cisco CCNP level questions.

Had lunch after, which they paid for. During lunch, they peppered me with questions about my resume. They were looking for more detail on each bullet point.

After lunch, I had 2 more interviews with a Vice President and his boss. Both very friendly guys. These were clearly cultural interviews, and the best fit for their culture is an outgoing, ambitious and motivated person. I thought they were pretty easy, personally, but I guess if you aren't that type of person it might be more difficult.

I received the job offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change to optimize spanning tree in a L2 environment?
      (priorities for root)

Where would you configure spanning-tree root guard?
      (uplinks)

What two additional features can be used for spanning tree optimization?
      (bpduguard, bpdufilter, port-fast, etc)

What features could you implement for fiber problems resulting in a unidirectional link?
      (UDLD & spanning tree loop guard)

Name the OSPF LSA types and describe each.
      (google)

Why would the type 4 ASBR summary be used?
      (E1 routes with multiple points of redistribution to area 0 for competing routes to the same external route)

What is BGP's loop prevention mechanism?
      (AS_PATH attribute)

Why did you implement OSPF and not EIGRP in your network?

Answer Question

Long drive from where I was. Had another offer that was very comparable (less perks, more pay), but was 30 minutes closer. Was very difficult to turn it down, they have amazing perks, culture, and business model. I would reccommend this position if you live in South Charlotte or nearby in SC. Cool, cool place and good people.