Red Ventures

3.2

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

I applied online and received a call within 2 days. The recruiter was very nice and it was a simple screening process, mostly about what I was looking for. I was passed on to the IT manager for a phone interview the following day.

The IT manager called late and basically went through my resume. Very nice guy. Described the position thoroughly. Said the next interview was going to be a little more technical with one of their staff. Scheduled it 2 days later.

The administrator interview was similar to the IT managers interview. Very nice guy again, covered the job description thoroughly and my resume.

I received a call that they wanted to have me in for an onsite interview next. They flew me out and put me in a very nice hotel with a rental car.

Came in the next day around 10AM for the interview. The recruiter showed me the 2 buildings of theirs and spoke about the next building they are putting up. Very nice campus.

Started off in a room with the IT manager. Very similar to the phone call with him, nice guy, showed me around, got a look at the data rooms and networking equipment, etc.

After that, the IT administrator came in and interviewed me. It wasn't very technical but did cover my resume in a bit more detail than before. He didn't ask any pointed technical questions, but did cover my resume and tried to get a feel for whether I knew what I was talking about or not.

Then, the Network Engineer came in with the technical interview. Asked a plethora of Cisco CCNP level questions.

Had lunch after, which they paid for. During lunch, they peppered me with questions about my resume. They were looking for more detail on each bullet point.

After lunch, I had 2 more interviews with a Vice President and his boss. Both very friendly guys. These were clearly cultural interviews, and the best fit for their culture is an outgoing, ambitious and motivated person. I thought they were pretty easy, personally, but I guess if you aren't that type of person it might be more difficult.

I received the job offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change to optimize spanning tree in a L2 environment?
      (priorities for root)

Where would you configure spanning-tree root guard?
      (uplinks)

What two additional features can be used for spanning tree optimization?
      (bpduguard, bpdufilter, port-fast, etc)

What features could you implement for fiber problems resulting in a unidirectional link?
      (UDLD & spanning tree loop guard)

Name the OSPF LSA types and describe each.
      (google)

Why would the type 4 ASBR summary be used?
      (E1 routes with multiple points of redistribution to area 0 for competing routes to the same external route)

What is BGP's loop prevention mechanism?
      (AS_PATH attribute)

Why did you implement OSPF and not EIGRP in your network?

Answer Question

Long drive from where I was. Had another offer that was very comparable (less perks, more pay), but was 30 minutes closer. Was very difficult to turn it down, they have amazing perks, culture, and business model. I would reccommend this position if you live in South Charlotte or nearby in SC. Cool, cool place and good people.

Business Analyst Interview

This process consisted of 3 phone calls. They wanted to make sure that they wanted to fly me out for an interview. The first phone call was all about my resume and life experiences. The second phone call was a case study phone interview where I had to perform mental math. The third interview was a basic followup.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures.

I first applied online and heard back from an HR rep about 4 days later. Two days later I had my first interview with a hiring manager. The interview lasted about 25 minutes and was straight forward about my experience, my goals and my resume. Following that I was asked to come to their office in Fort Mill for a second interview. The on-site interview consisted of a tour with about 10 other candidates and then one on one interviews. Following a short break, there was a second interview. I was on-site for about 3.5hours. A week later I heard back and was offered a position. The whole process took about a month.

none. offer letter.

Content Outreach Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in June 2013.

It took around 3-4 weeks after I applied on their website to get a call. I spoke with one of their recruiters a few times over the phone, as well as the department head of the division I was applying to, before I was invited to their offices. They gave me an assignment to complete, which wasn't very challenging, but was meant to test my ability to identify good content. After a THREE HOUR interview and meeting with about 5 different people, I was done. They emailed me abut 2 weeks later saying they were going in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • All questions related to placing content on a website. They ask them in a way to slip you up. You HAVE to be creative with your answers!   Answer Question

Associate Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Red Ventures in May 2013.

Interview process is fairly intense- for writers you will first have an informal phone interview, followed by a writing assignment. The last stage of the process is a trip to the main offices. There I went through about 6 hours of interviews with a number of employees at different levels of the company. This gave me a good idea of whether I'd be a good fit there, and vice versa. They like to sensationalize the amount of work they do.

Interview Questions
    • Are you actually interested in this job?   View Answer
    They were not open to negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Red Ventures.

I went in for a 2nd interview where you had to sign in at the front desk and get a pass to walk around. I was with a group of people and they gave us a tour, an info session, interviewed us one-on-one, then we got to see what they did on a daily basis, then had ANOTHER interview.

Strategic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Red Ventures in April 2013.

Applied online from a post on my university's job search website. Heard back 2 months later, and the process moved quickly after that. I had 2 phone interviews with HR and then one phone case interview. A few weeks later, I was invited up for a day of interviews. They comped my gas and hotel room. The night before I had dinner with 4 current employees as well as 3 other applicants. The next day was interviews 9-5. First a tour, then 4 sessions of 30 minute case interviews. After lunch, we had an hour to prepare a group case presentation to some senior employees. My team overcomplicated the case, so make sure to keep it simple.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Red Ventures in April 2013.

Went through 3 interviews before being considered. Accepted position. Interview process was very easy and fun!

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Red Ventures.

The first interview was a talk with one of the recruiters. I could tell that this was an experienced interviewer. It was a total of about 45 minutes. They went through my entire resume asking about each work experience in a fairly thorough manner. Then they asked about what I knew about the their process. Then they opened it up to questions from me and at the end asked about compensation. Next steps would have been a case study in person, but I did not receive a follow up.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about compensation on a first interview which surprized me, but I guess that was due to the fact that I worked in a different industry.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Ventures in March 2013.

The campus representative came to our campus and held a "private event" at a local bar. They were obviously trying to wine and dine people in order to gain their affection and make themselves seem like a "cool" company. They would chat in circles and answer questions thrown out by the crowd. From there they offered a phone interview which was only about 15 minutes where they mainly asked about extra curricular activities and your favorite/least favorite classes and why. About two days later I received an e-mail that invited me down to their headquarters in Fort Mill to interview there as well as take a campus tour. I declined the campus visit because I received a better offer at the time.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult class and why?   View Answer

They really try to sell the fun atmosphere of the company but I think that they are using that to cover up the $10/hr pay and strict guidelines on clocking in and clocking out for every minute you work as well as the awful shifts (late nights and weekends) that they make you work. Also, I am not looking for a job that so closely resembles telemarketing. A company has to be more than just fun.