Red Ventures

Relevance Date Difficulty

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Ventures in September 2012.

Interview Details – There is a 3 step process. First is phone interview, if o.k. then you get to come in and tour the campus. Then they may or may not ask you back. If asked back you will be interviewed by at least 2 people. They email the information you need to know, know that and you are fine, they do follow that.

Interview Question – If your life was a sit-com, what would the name be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – wasn't one

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Indian Land, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Red Ventures in November 2012.

Interview Details – Attended the corporate Interview Day in November 2012. Planning on hiring approx. 200 reps by 12/31 for 3 new corporate contract companies. Were about 25 in my 1/2 hour time slot for campus tour, info session and 15-min 1:1 interview. Were 10 1/2 hour time slots - lots of interested applicants. Floowing short interview, plan was to let folks know in a few days and if selected, return for more interviews. While I thought everything went well, I was not asked to return. Age is a huge issue with them. Over 35? Forget about it. Too old to party.

Something about this company smells funky, and not in a good sesne. "The next Google"? Hardly. I'm thinking more of a "flash in the pan" that will crash and burn, in time. Employees are surveyed and that's what got them the "Best Place to Work" awards, but employyes probably fibbed to avoid reprimands/firing. Word is getting out in the Charlotte metro - they did NOT win the award for 2011, and surely won't for 2012.

Interview Question – None. Pretty much all resume-related for the first go-round. Interviewer was nothing special, but OK. Head of a business unit.   Answer Question

Master Sales Agent Interview

Master Sales Agent

Interviewed at Red Ventures

Interview Details – You usually go through a couple different people before being hired. They will ask you to sell something say like a pen to them. They usually sugar coat everything about RV to make it seem like the best company in the world. You most likely will first get an over the phone interview with a hiring manager.

Interview Question – None, interviews are very simple. This job could be done by a trained chimp and believe me if RV could get away with it they would.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I took my job about 4 years ago and have finally come to my senses and will be leaving soon. I am still at the same spot that I started at...you might switch products within the company but you will most likely be stuck at phone sales for a very long time.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Junior Web Developer Interview

Junior Web Developer
Fort Mill, SC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview Details – After 3 phone screenings, Red Ventures graciously flew me out to Charlotte NC, paid for my hotel and Rental car, so that I may have an all day interview with them. It was a really great experienced, and i spent a Day being interviewed by half a dozen developers and business people. The most intriguing part of the day was the Whiteboard process, in which 2 developers sit in a room with you and ask you to theorycraft up the entire design process for a random webpage/web application

Interview Question – MySql   View Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Indian Land, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in May 2012.

Interview Details – Met a Red Venturers' Sales Recruiter at a job fair. They followed up with me in 4 days to do a phone interview. I passed phone interview and was told to come to a 3 hour interview/information session the following week. I went to interview and 5 others were there as well. we did tour of Red Ventures beautiful campus which included 2 new contemporary buildings(gymnasium, bistro, outside dinning area). I had 2 interviews with sales managers(role plays) and sat with 2 current Sales Consultants talking with customers. Everyone seemed nice and for a call center it was a fairly positive work environment. I passed interview and was emailed an offer letter a few days later. It was for 10.00 per hour($21,800 per year) plus commission. Benefits did not start for 90 days.

Interview Question – Give me 20 things you can do with a paper clip.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It seamed like most sales people were making $35,00-$50,000 per year. Being a college graduate and experienced sales person, I wanted to make more and did not want to sit in a call center all day, so I declined the offer. As nice as the campus was, it did not overcome the fact that their wages/commissions/benefits seemed low.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Red Ventures in July 2012.

Interview Details – It was long and drawn out. Not worth the time.

Interview Question – What superhero would you wanna be   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Ventures in June 2012.

Interview Details – The work zone looked & sounded a lot like a college dorm. I felt like a parent looking on, if ya know what I mean, and the vibe I got immediately upon meeting Interviewer #3 was rather cold, uninterested and oddly uncomfortable. Looking back at it now, the interview process seemed like it was mostly about whether the interviewers simply like you based on your reactionary responses to a couple of one dimensional, overly simplistic questions. RV seems to want salespeople who “can creatively think on their feet” but the trendy questions they enjoy throwing at people don’t measure a person’s integrity, probe their competence or assess their ability to be creative and persuasive. They must think putting people on the spot brings out the best in them while showcasing a person’s potential.

Interview Question – "Pick an over-arching theme song to describe your life".   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Ventures in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the Inside Sales position available on the Red Ventures website. I was contacted about 10 days after applying and after the basic questions, was schedule for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well and I was invited into their location. Once arriving, I realized that it just wasn't for me. Maybe the grandiose idea of casual dress and a competitive environment led me to see this position through rose-colored glasses. At the start of the 1-on-1 interview, I knew it wasn't for me. I informed the interviewer that I appreciated their time, but I didn't want to waste their time and let them focus on someone else. I think that sitting in a little cubicle selling alarm systems may have it's high points, but I just couldn't see myself doing it for very long before losing my mind.

Interview Question – If you were an animal, which animal would you be?   Answer Question

Fort Mill, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Red Ventures in February 2012.

Interview Details – I first applied online then I received a reply email saying that they were reviewing my application and that if they were interested they would give me a call. Exactly a day later I got a call and had a on the phone interview which took about 20 minutes, very basic preliminary questions. After the initial phone interview I was ask to come in 3 days after the phone interview. I was told to be there at 9 am. I then sat and had an interview 1 on 1 with a one of the sales managers. She very much to the point and blunt about the business, which is selling alarm systems for ADT and Direct TV. She then said that in order to stay with the company you must have a 50% close rate on the first time callers. I'vd been a salesman my whole life I consider myself to have the gift of gab but even to me 50% seemed unrealistic. Then they give you a script to role play. Once you go through the role play you then sit in with an actual person on the call center sales floor. I listened in for about an hour and got the idea of what you would actually do. After the listening part they take you back again and have you read the script again and role play with them on how to sell an alarm system. I felt that I did prfetty well with the role play since I have done this before in the past with other companies and was sucessful at it. They then said thank you and said that I would hear back in a few days. I received an email from them stating that they went with other candidates and that they were not going any further in the hiring process. I guess what I would take away with this is you better be super aggressive in the role play and close like crazy and you can't take no for an answer. If you can work in this type of environement then good luck to you.

Interview Question – How many no's do you hear before you realize the sale is dead?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Red Ventures in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with HR person, followed by interview with hiring manager. I was given an assignment to complete and asked to return for a full day of interviews with five different people (all department managers, execs). I made it through three of them and then was told they had to cancel the remaining two and they would be in touch with me.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question