Red Ventures

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

3.7

Strategic Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Red Ventures.

Interview was pretty typical with behavioral half and technical half. Hard to tell if it went well or not. Two different interviewers who both try to get to know you in order to best serve their company and if they want you to work for them.

Interview Questions
  • Technical question involved their business funnel of getting customers through search ads and such.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Red Ventures

Strategic Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in October 2014.

The first interview occurred on campus and was a two part interview, 30 minutes behavioral and 30 minutes case study, each with a different interview. The second interview was on site in Fort Mill, SC and lasted from 8:00am until nearly 4:00pm. Your paired up in small groups with a guide who gives you a tour of the facilities, they take this part very seriously. Then you participate in an hour long group interview where you work with your tour group to present a case to some other analysts. After the group interview they take you to lunch at the on-site cafe, the food is quite decent and very cheap as its subsidized by the company. While we were eating lunch the CEO actually came and sat with us and talked to us personally. After lunch are 3 back to back to back half our interviews, each one on one and with a different interviewer. All three consists of case interviews and behavioral/resume questions. The interviewers range from first year analysts to VP's of entire divisions. They tell you a lot about the company and its operations during the tour/lunch, pay close attention as some of this information may be useful during the interviews. The cases are very company specific and involve a basic understanding of what the company does (likely explained very informally sometime before the interview), mental math is tested very heavily as there are no calculators allowed but as long as you know your multiplication tables and are quick with percentages it should be a breeze. Also there is much emphasis on the steps you take to solve problems, they make it clear that its more important to them your thinking process than just spitting out a correct answer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked one question about whether the company should sell a domain name outright or instead sell ad space on that domain for a contract. The selling price and contract terms were adjusted for different scenarios and I had to make a decision about which option to choose.   View Answer

Strategic Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Red Ventures in October 2014.

interviewed through campus recruiting and was contacted by email. then had an initial interview on campus, two part behavioral and case. Havent heard back after an email telling me to wait 1-2 weeks...its been three since that so...

Interview Questions
    • What will make the bottom line bigger, if we change the % of X or the % of Y ?   Answer Question

Strategic Analyst Interview

I was in contact with one woman throughout the process, which made it easy to reach out and check in when I had questions. I had two phone interviews: one behavioral, one case. Then I drove down for an in-person final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • The last interview is a case with an excel spreadsheet that you get 45 minutes to work on. The most difficult question was answering why I ranked the options the way that I did. For this company, base all decisions on the numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Red Ventures in February 2014.

1st round: College recruiting. 30 min behavioral and 30 min case interview. Case was easy.

2nd round interviews: Started with a tour. Then had four 30-45 min interviews where they asked a few behavioral questions then discussed the case. These cases were much harder than the initial one. Lunch then final group case where you had 30 min to read and analyze the case yourself. You came together as a group (4 other people) to discuss but not necessarily agree on conclusions. Higher management came in and took note of who talked about what.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part were the cases (2nd round). They're not your typical consulting cases, but they still require strategy and a conceptual view of the data. That was definitely the hardest, but the actual calculation/math part was easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Red Ventures in April 2013.

Applied online from a post on my university's job search website. Heard back 2 months later, and the process moved quickly after that. I had 2 phone interviews with HR and then one phone case interview. A few weeks later, I was invited up for a day of interviews. They comped my gas and hotel room. The night before I had dinner with 4 current employees as well as 3 other applicants. The next day was interviews 9-5. First a tour, then 4 sessions of 30 minute case interviews. After lunch, we had an hour to prepare a group case presentation to some senior employees. My team overcomplicated the case, so make sure to keep it simple.