Red Wing Shoe

1.8

Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Wing, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Wing, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in May 2014.

They called me almost immediately after I applied for this contract job. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I was interviewed promptly after my arrival, and it was a productive and enjoyable interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • What type of academic or professional experiences have prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryan, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Wing Shoe in October 2012.

I applied for this job on Snagajob.com - The manager called me within a week of submitting my application. I went in and I filled out a basic form with my education, work experience, and name (address, phone, etc.). He then asked me a series of questions. The first was about my schedule and what hours he was willing to have me work. The second was he had me rate, on a scale of one to ten (1 worst, 10 best) how I liked working with people. The next question had me rate how I liked feet on a scale of one to ten. Then he asked, "Why do you want to work here at Red Wings Shoes?" and,"What do you know about shoes?" From there, he asked if I had been convicted of any felonies. After that, he had me perform skills tasks. The manager explained the way the stocking worked and how everything was marked. Then I had to locate five different shoes in the stock part of the back. One was hidden, the other wasn't there, another was not marked correctly, and the rest were in their proper places. After that he gave me two boxes of shoes to stock by myself. One was marked on the aisle, the other I had to look at the style numbers on each row. He asked me,"When you walk out of the store now, how confident are you that you presented yourself well here today?" He was interrupted by a customer coming in the store, so he had me shadow him while he helped him check out. Then, he asked a final question,"What can you tell me right now that you have not mentioned in your resume or earlier in this interview that would make me hire you?"

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me right now that you have not mentioned in your resume or earlier in this interview that would make me hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Fit Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Wing Shoe in November 2011.

A new store was opening up so I went in and got an application. The manager said that he would get back to me fairly soon. He also asked that I fill out an application online. Which I did. About a week later I received a call back to come in for an interview. I met with the store manager as well as a manager from another store. The questions were very basic personality questions as well as generic retail questions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked in a comfort/work footwear environment before? If not, what makes you the "right" person for this position?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They offered what they could and I accepted because I was in need of a job.

Industrial Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Red Wing Shoe in March 2010.

I was interviewed several times over the phone. HR twice, than Regional Manager, then HT again. They flew me up to their corporate HQ.

Fit Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Wing Shoe in November 2008.

Originally I was contacted by a store manager while I was working at another company. We discussed the company, pay rate, the job position that was open, etc. Once he mentioned that he was looking for a full time associate I told him I was interested so he invited me to come in and apply. After I applied there wasn't really an interview because I had already had a couple lengthy conversations with the manager. Overall the store manager as well as the area manager and district manager were all very friendly throughout.

Interview Questions
    It was easy, I was offered a higher hourly rate than I was making at the place I was already working at and was guaranteed full time hours so I agreed.