Red Wing Shoe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Validation Specialist Interview

Validation Specialist
Red Wing, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in May 2014.

Interview Details – They called me almost immediately after I applied for this contract job. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I was interviewed promptly after my arrival, and it was a productive and enjoyable interview overall.

Interview Question – What type of academic or professional experiences have prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Fit Specialist Interview

Sales Associate/Fit Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in November 2011.

Interview Details – A new store was opening up so I went in and got an application. The manager said that he would get back to me fairly soon. He also asked that I fill out an application online. Which I did. About a week later I received a call back to come in for an interview. I met with the store manager as well as a manager from another store. The questions were very basic personality questions as well as generic retail questions.

Interview Question – Have you worked in a comfort/work footwear environment before? If not, what makes you the "right" person for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offered what they could and I accepted because I was in need of a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Bryan, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this job on Snagajob.com - The manager called me within a week of submitting my application. I went in and I filled out a basic form with my education, work experience, and name (address, phone, etc.). He then asked me a series of questions. The first was about my schedule and what hours he was willing to have me work. The second was he had me rate, on a scale of one to ten (1 worst, 10 best) how I liked working with people. The next question had me rate how I liked feet on a scale of one to ten. Then he asked, "Why do you want to work here at Red Wings Shoes?" and,"What do you know about shoes?" From there, he asked if I had been convicted of any felonies. After that, he had me perform skills tasks. The manager explained the way the stocking worked and how everything was marked. Then I had to locate five different shoes in the stock part of the back. One was hidden, the other wasn't there, another was not marked correctly, and the rest were in their proper places. After that he gave me two boxes of shoes to stock by myself. One was marked on the aisle, the other I had to look at the style numbers on each row. He asked me,"When you walk out of the store now, how confident are you that you presented yourself well here today?" He was interrupted by a customer coming in the store, so he had me shadow him while he helped him check out. Then, he asked a final question,"What can you tell me right now that you have not mentioned in your resume or earlier in this interview that would make me hire you?"

Interview Question – What can you tell me right now that you have not mentioned in your resume or earlier in this interview that would make me hire you?   Answer Question

Fit Specialist Interview

Fit Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in November 2008.

Interview Details – Originally I was contacted by a store manager while I was working at another company. We discussed the company, pay rate, the job position that was open, etc. Once he mentioned that he was looking for a full time associate I told him I was interested so he invited me to come in and apply. After I applied there wasn't really an interview because I had already had a couple lengthy conversations with the manager. Overall the store manager as well as the area manager and district manager were all very friendly throughout.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was easy, I was offered a higher hourly rate than I was making at the place I was already working at and was guaranteed full time hours so I agreed.

Industrial Sales Manager Interview

Industrial Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Red Wing Shoe in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed several times over the phone. HR twice, than Regional Manager, then HT again. They flew me up to their corporate HQ.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   View Answer

Worked for Red Wing Shoe? Contribute to the Community!