RedPrairie

Relevance Date Difficulty

R&D Department Interview

R&D Department
Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at RedPrairie.

Interview Details – A number of phone interviews with H.R. and one with manager. Brought in to another interview with manager and then a panel interview. Ended in a skills test.

Interview Question – Pretty standard stuff. However, now that it's JDA the process probably has changed,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Billing Specialist Interview

Billing Specialist
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at RedPrairie in June 2012.

Interview Details – Redprairie tends to hire people through referrals. If you know someone at the company, your chances of getting hired will be very high. The recruiting team was extremely efficient and friendly.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RedPrairie in May 2008.

Interview Details – a multi-part interviews with different employees and managers

Interview Question – Test for Quality Engineer or Software engineer   Answer Question

Director, Solutions Consulting Interview

Director, Solutions Consulting
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RedPrairie in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a general discussion of the position, then went right into discussions associated with the position and technical / knowledge-based questions. Ended with requisite customer service / conflict resolution questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in integration and the methods used.   Answer Question
  • What are the steps in the discovery process you feel are most important.   Answer Question

Publication Intern Interview

Publication Intern
Waukesha, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RedPrairie in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an HR rep at a college career fair. I did not go through a phone interview, but was instead invited for face-to-face interviews. It is my understanding that phone interviews are standard, however. I was interviewed by the director, manager, and project manager. The director did not seem to want to be therre and made it clear that she would leave the decision to the other two interviewers. I was interviewed in a conference room and a variety of styles were used. One interviewed was unstructured, while another followed a specific script and I could see that she was using a rating system. It was a balance of trait-based questions and skills questions. The entire process took about 1.5-2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to perform under pressure.   View Answer
  • Describe to me some key concepts of Technical Communication.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for interns. Wait until you are offered full employment to negotiate.

Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Quality Assurance Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RedPrairie in April 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiting representative first for basic behavioral questions and experience. She was extremely friendly and understanding. From my understanding, she then sent that information to the on-site supervisor, who called me for a preliminary phone screening.

The phone screen consisted of more experience based questions. Afterwards, he seemed pleased and asked me to come in for an in-person interview. There, I met with him and another representative to talk even more about the type of work, my previous experience, and various expectations.

Got a call from the recruiter a few days later saying I had gotten the position and sent me a formal offer letter which I was to sign and return.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   View Answer
  • Describe your experience with Java, programming in general, databases.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Had another offer in a more open environment. I wanted to do something a bit more involved that quality assurance, and had a development position that I could take as well.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at RedPrairie

Interview Details – Completed several interviews with HR and representatives from the organization in which I'd be working. HR will have more general, "get to know you" questions, while the representatives from the hiring organization will have more technical questions.

Interview Question – Wasn't difficult for me, but it would be wise for the interviewee to have previous experience with warehouse operations/warehouse management systems.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Marketing Executive

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at RedPrairie in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted on 25 April 2012 by HR situated in the UK to for a telephonic screening interview they later arranged for a Skype interview with a manager in Netherlands. I called to find out if I had made it in the interview in about two weeks’ time. The HR Lady contacted me after three week to inform me that I've passed the interview and I had to a Stuart International test. She then called about the results of the test and told me that there was not wrong or right answers for the test but she kept on telling me how many rights and wrongs I got from the whole set of test.

After a week I received an email informing me that I was invited to the final stage of the interview where I had to prepare a presentation twice (Talk about unprofessionalism). I did and emailed it through to HR in the UK prior to the interview. On the day of the interview I was shocked to find that there was no one waiting for me for interview, I then sent an email to the HR lady to inform her that why was there no one for the interview and reply was a bit rude, it was evident that they had found a suitable candidate and had forgotten about all the other potential candidates that were to be interviewed thereafter. They guy that was to interview me was 45mins late and it looked like no one from the other countries were prepared for me on that day. I did the presentation and it was a panel of 3 people, one gentleman in the SA office, one gentleman in the UK office and one gentleman in the Netherlands office but I was interviewed by the guy from the UK only even though it was supposed to be a panel interview.

I'm not angry that I didn't get the job, I'm angry because RedPrairie wasted my time and were very unprofessional in the whole process.

Interview Question – What would you put in your Marketing Plan   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at RedPrairie in June 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted through a It staffing firm. Phone Interview , quick brief very informal. In person interview with 3 employees and the HR director. Took a database quiz and programming fundamentals quiz. Tested afterwards review. Informal process, overview benefit, work environment, etc. Everyone seemed to like their job.

Interview Question – What kind of web development experience do have?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Stokenchurch, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RedPrairie in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for this position from a recruitment agency. They then responded, and said that they were keen to interview me as they felt my experience and skills matched what they were looking for.

I was then invited to interview a few days after with the Technical Services Director & the Software Manager. The Interview lasted 30 mins, the bulk of which was eaten by the panel explaining in great detail their role and the type of projects they work on. I had to initially wait for nearly 45 mins after the due Interview time, for them to come and meet me. Talk about being unorganised!

The interview Questions were relatively easy: Why do you want to work for Red Praire, What were your favourite subjects at university. I felt that the panel were responding quite positively, especially with the interest that I was showing in their products and systems.

After the interview had to complete a technical test lasting 30 mins composed of SQL, Java, VB, Oracle and general programming questions. They said to do whatever I could, and the test was not the decider.

Following the interview process, I was told I should expect to hear feedback within 1 week. I received a call from the recruitment agency the following day, stating that they won't be taking my application further as they felt that I haven't got enough experience! Seems very strange that they invited me to interview in the first place, as it is contradictory of what they first said!

Overall my impressions were that they were very unorganised when making decisions, and I'd advise all job seekers to stay well clear of this organization.

Interview Questions

Worked for RedPrairie? Contribute to the Community!