Redbeacon

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Director Interview

Recruiting Director

I applied online - interviewed at Redbeacon in June 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen, mock interview

Rarely would publicize however this company is insulting. X promised a second interview where I would mock screen one of their employees. I asked for resume, Skype confirmation, job description, background info and was ignored. Apparently winging interviews is the norm. Entering an interview without a resume, job description, understanding of the company will provide second rate results.

Admin supposedly scheduled the interview but failed to inform me or the company employee unless the employee blew off the Skype call. I found out when I circled back to see what was happening.

Later received an email from X stating I was no longer viable, based on the Admin's opinion, because they didn't like that I requested X contact me directly to discuss improving the mock interview.

X didn't contact me to investigate or take responsibility for her team. X decided based on the coordinator's information. I wasn't judgmental, didn't know anything had been scheduled, and truly wanted to make the mock interview the best it could be. As a recruiting manager I'd be concerned about any recruiter or HM entering into an interview without preparing unless its special circumstances.

I'm professionally tired of incompetent people holding jobs when so many who are capable can't find work. This cost me one of the few opportunities I had for a high level job.

A Senior Manager apologized when I left a VM asking to speak to the CEO; however it corrects nothing for me.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Redbeacon.

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – java questions and sql   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Redbeacon in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online via posting on a job board. Got an email 7 days later from the HR recruiter saying she wanted to hear about my goals and Redbeacon. The call lasted about 30 minutes, during which the recruiter asked questions like:
-Give an example of a product you worked on where you would’ve done something differently.
-How often did you iterate at your previous job?
-What is your ideal team?
-Why did you leave your last position and why have you not found a new job yet?

The recruiter didn't get back to me for 2 weeks. She apologized for the delay saying the company was reevaluating their needs and requirements. She set up a new phone call was with a product manager at the company. The phone call lasted around 30-45 minutes and he asked:
-Give an example of something you were proud to work on/be a part of.
-How did you find out about RedBeacon and why are you attracted to the company?
-Other questions asking about PM experience and how I managed past work.

After this, I was contacted by the recruiter again who said "the team and they felt confident in your ability to get things done and move a project forward, but at this time we are looking for a big idea person who has experience in creating solutions and bringing them to market." There was no mention of "big ideas" or emphasis on new solutions and how to launch them in either of my phone calls, so no surprise I wasn't considered for the position since I didn't emphasize that part of my experience.

Interview Question – Why have you not found a new job yet?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Software Engineering Summer Intern

Interviewed at Redbeacon

Interview Details – The entire process took 3 weeks. I applied through my school's career center and received an phone interview promptly. But I didn't do well through the interview. I was asked some basic questions such as why the web page load too slow, how to solve it.

Interview Question – No coding question.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Redbeacon in January 2014.

Interview Details – HR phone interview : asked me about my interests,hobbies,recent life lesson, most challenging task in my previous job, description and my role in my previous projects/jobs. Long term goal

Interview Question – The HR person asked me 7 technical questions when it was actually an HR interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Redbeacon in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was given a phone screening with a recruiter. No technical questions were asked -- just softball questions about my projects, experiences, and expectations. The call was dropped in the middle of our conversation, yet the recruiter did not call me back until about 15 minutes. Two days later I was told they didn't have any position for me.

Interview Question – I was asked to talk about my projects and experiences.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Redbeacon in May 2013.

Interview Details – Had one phone screening, very nice. Asked a few tech questions, then had a second phone interview. This time with an engineer. Questions were straight forward but involved some data structure stuff.

Interview Question – Asked questions about multiple inheritance.   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Entry Level Java Developer

I interviewed at Redbeacon in June 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone screenings. The second asked technical question.

Interview Question – They were looking for somebody with industry experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer - Mobile Interview

Software Engineer - Mobile

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Redbeacon in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied the job online. Later the associate recruiter contacted me to talk about my past experiences. The questions were not technical as it was just the initial screening. Everything seemed to be fine until I received an email stating that they are looking for a different skill set. Most probably my lack of knowledge in Objective-C caused this situation. Otherwise it was a pleasant conversation.

Interview Question – No special or tricky question.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Redbeacon.

Interview Details – Contacted after giving them my resume at a school career fair. Initial phone screen by a HR recruiter. Then 2 phone interviews with engineers. First engineer was just going over my resume and past projects. The second one was detailed questions on Android development and how key features of Android work. Finally an interview with the head of their Android department (I was looking to join mobile development)
They were prompt about the entire process.

Interview Question – A lot of questions concerning about Android - activity lifecycles, intents, communication with servers.   Answer Question

Worked for Redbeacon? Contribute to the Community!