Redbeacon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2014
Updated Jun 9, 2014

2.6

Recruiting Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Redbeacon in June 2014.

Phone screen, mock interview

Rarely would publicize however this company is insulting. X promised a second interview where I would mock screen one of their employees. I asked for resume, Skype confirmation, job description, background info and was ignored. Apparently winging interviews is the norm. Entering an interview without a resume, job description, understanding of the company will provide second rate results.

Admin supposedly scheduled the interview but failed to inform me or the company employee unless the employee blew off the Skype call. I found out when I circled back to see what was happening.

Later received an email from X stating I was no longer viable, based on the Admin's opinion, because they didn't like that I requested X contact me directly to discuss improving the mock interview.

X didn't contact me to investigate or take responsibility for her team. X decided based on the coordinator's information. I wasn't judgmental, didn't know anything had been scheduled, and truly wanted to make the mock interview the best it could be. As a recruiting manager I'd be concerned about any recruiter or HM entering into an interview without preparing unless its special circumstances.

I'm professionally tired of incompetent people holding jobs when so many who are capable can't find work. This cost me one of the few opportunities I had for a high level job.

A Senior Manager apologized when I left a VM asking to speak to the CEO; however it corrects nothing for me.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Redbeacon.

phone interview

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Redbeacon in March 2014.

Applied online via posting on a job board. Got an email 7 days later from the HR recruiter saying she wanted to hear about my goals and Redbeacon. The call lasted about 30 minutes, during which the recruiter asked questions like:
    -Give an example of a product you worked on where you would’ve done something differently.
    -How often did you iterate at your previous job?
    -What is your ideal team?
    -Why did you leave your last position and why have you not found a new job yet?

The recruiter didn't get back to me for 2 weeks. She apologized for the delay saying the company was reevaluating their needs and requirements. She set up a new phone call was with a product manager at the company. The phone call lasted around 30-45 minutes and he asked:
    -Give an example of something you were proud to work on/be a part of.
    -How did you find out about RedBeacon and why are you attracted to the company?
    -Other questions asking about PM experience and how I managed past work.

After this, I was contacted by the recruiter again who said "the team and they felt confident in your ability to get things done and move a project forward, but at this time we are looking for a big idea person who has experience in creating solutions and bringing them to market." There was no mention of "big ideas" or emphasis on new solutions and how to launch them in either of my phone calls, so no surprise I wasn't considered for the position since I didn't emphasize that part of my experience.

Software Engineering Summer Intern Interview

The entire process took 3 weeks. I applied through my school's career center and received an phone interview promptly. But I didn't do well through the interview. I was asked some basic questions such as why the web page load too slow, how to solve it.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Redbeacon in January 2014.

I was given a phone screening with a recruiter. No technical questions were asked -- just softball questions about my projects, experiences, and expectations. The call was dropped in the middle of our conversation, yet the recruiter did not call me back until about 15 minutes. Two days later I was told they didn't have any position for me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to talk about my projects and experiences.   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Redbeacon in January 2014.

HR phone interview : asked me about my interests,hobbies,recent life lesson, most challenging task in my previous job, description and my role in my previous projects/jobs. Long term goal

Interview Questions
    • The HR person asked me 7 technical questions when it was actually an HR interview.   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

interviewed at Redbeacon in June 2013.

Two phone screenings. The second asked technical question.

Interview Questions
    • They were looking for somebody with industry experience   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Redbeacon in May 2013.

Had one phone screening, very nice. Asked a few tech questions, then had a second phone interview. This time with an engineer. Questions were straight forward but involved some data structure stuff.

Software Engineer - Mobile Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Redbeacon in April 2013.

I applied the job online. Later the associate recruiter contacted me to talk about my past experiences. The questions were not technical as it was just the initial screening. Everything seemed to be fine until I received an email stating that they are looking for a different skill set. Most probably my lack of knowledge in Objective-C caused this situation. Otherwise it was a pleasant conversation.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Redbeacon.

Contacted after giving them my resume at a school career fair. Initial phone screen by a HR recruiter. Then 2 phone interviews with engineers. First engineer was just going over my resume and past projects. The second one was detailed questions on Android development and how key features of Android work. Finally an interview with the head of their Android department (I was looking to join mobile development)
    They were prompt about the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions concerning about Android - activity lifecycles, intents, communication with servers.   Answer Question