Redbox

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Redbox in June 2010.

Found the job and applied on LinkedIn. HR was very nice and receptive. Started with a brief phone screen and then a basic remote coding test where a current employee watched me code through screen sharing. Finally a face to face in the office with several developers and managers.

Interview Questions
    • How many people flew out of Chicago last year?   View Answer
    Really didn't negotiate as the offer was better than I had expected.

QA Testing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Redbox in February 2010.

I was approached by a recruiter at a staffing agency about a QA contract with RedBox. Met with the recruiter, the staffing agency wanted to present me to the RedBox hiring manager.

First, RedBox closed the position cause they found few candidates and then decided to reopen it. After that the recruiter set up a phone interview with the Manager. I never received the phone call. I contacted the recruiter about it. Found out from the recruiter that RedBox's new QA Director wanted to hold off any further hiring. All of this going back and forth took several weeks.

Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Redbox in February 2010.

the interview process is usually a panel interview and has a member of many cross teams participating. Technical and also focusses on the personality aspects and team player.
    The interviewer team makes you comfortable, expresses their opinions upfront, they usually show around the office space that will give us an idea of placements and desk space and work culture a little. More people oriented. the over all attempt is to look for can do attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Not much difficult if you have been in the job doing the various tasks, its pretty normal   Answer Question

Finance Related Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Redbox in January 2010.

My interview process took 5 months. Started with a recruiter on the phone, then phone interview with one of the hiring manager, then an in person panel and then another in person round of interviews. The recruiter was fantastic (she is no longer with the company) but I had bad vibes from the hiring manager and the panel. At the end, I did get an offer and accept but I do regret it to an extent.

Interview Questions
    Received a call from recruiter with offer. I countered the next morning and got more salary and time off

Regional Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Redbox in October 2009.

The corp. recruiter was very professional during the phone interview. I had a panel interview that was a little initmidating, very small room and five other people grilling me, so to speak,. The panel questions were predictable, mostly "give me an example of"..... regarding all of my past performance points. I go back for the presentation and final part of the interview process in a few days. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about how you train and prepare your employees for their position.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the metrics you use to gage growth.   View Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Redbox in July 2009.

Redbox wants everyone to weigh in on the interviewee. Employees from several departments, whether you would interact during work or not, gets to interview the potential candidate to see if they would be a good fit for the company. A mix of people from your department as well as from other departments conducts panel interview. I personally had 5 different panel interviews over several days, typically taking 30-45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one similar business model to Redbox and tell me what you would change about it?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you've had to negotiate and what were the results?   Answer Question

Field Service Representative I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Redbox in April 2009.

The hiring/interview process is extremely slow, long, and drawn out, but redbox is a great company to work for with excellent benefits.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions on PCs and Windows, time management, working remotely.   Answer Question

Regional Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Redbox in March 2007.

After being asked to present an hour presentation to the panel, the interviewers rudely interrupted me, played on blackberries, and even answered a call mid interview! I was not impressed with the professionalism of the group and declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you managed a team of field employees that generally work independently?   Answer Question

Lack of professionalism and respect for time. See above.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Redbox.

Interviewed with three people; PMO office, the Senior Manager and Manager of the department. Interview focus was on current skills and how they could be utilized at RB. Entire interview lasted about 2 hours. The PMO office interview was more general about past experience and project management skills. The department interview was more on the lines of how to fit into the team, expectations, and current processes.

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding how to get tasks completed when working with large groups and different development areas.   View Answer
    Was not able to negotiate

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Redbox.

I was selected for a phone interview for this position, but unfortunately didn't even get to have it. They had a recruiter who contacted me to set up the phone interview with another recruiter. Not only did they call 10 minutes after the scheduled interview, I was told right off the bat that a minimum requirement was one year in an operations role. She asked a little about my experience to tell me that she'll keep that in mind for any positions that come up in the future. I highly doubt it. I can appreciate her being upfront with me about the requirements, but no where in the job description did it mention the minimum one year of experience. That all being said, I am frustrated by the experience, because the person who reviewed my resume initially should have known the minimum requirements of the position before calling me to set up the phone interview. I don't think I'll be applying for any positions in the future with Redbox if they're this unorganized just with selecting resumes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience or why you're looking for an analyst role.   Answer Question