Reddwerks Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015

3.3

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in November 2014.

Connected through school placement center. Had a phone interview with HR person. Had a phone interview with an OR analyst. Received a case problem to solve. Solved the problem. Invited to a panel interview in Austin. Panel interview did not go well. Interview process stopped.

Interview Questions
    • What course did you like the best at school? What course did you find the most challenging at school? Why was that course so challenging? Why are you applying to Reddwerks? Challenging case problem to solve.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in July 2014.

Applied online for position listed as "Really Smart Person". Several emails back and forth, and we were finally able to set up a phone interview. While I had stated a preference for the interview to be between 8:00 - 10:00 AM, the HR person was not available before 10:30 AM.
    Following the phone screen, I was emailed an in-depth questionnaire and asked to have it returned in 48 hours. This led to a panel interview, again scheduled for 10:30. Why these folks cannot be available before 10:30 is beyond me.
    During the panel interview, one of the panelists said he would have been OK with me taking a week to complete the questionnaire so he could get the level of detail he was seeking. He also grilled me to name a document he was describing, and my answers were all around what he was looking for, which turned out to be the requirements document. For each question I answered, they would probe and dig until they found a way to seemingly discredit my original answer. One of the guys had previous experience as a technical recruiter, so he asked a lot of the usual HR type questions.

A couple of other things struck me as odd. The instructions for the panel interview said that Business Professional dress was recommended, so I showed up in a suit. The HR director was dressed business casual and the interviewers were dressed in jeans and polo shirts ??? Also, my interview was on a Tuesday and not the 15th or 31st, yet it was the last day on the job for the HR gal that I had been dealing with. Struck me as odd that she would leave mid-week.

By the end of the interview, I think it was obvious that I would not be receiving an offer. Honestly, I think it is for the best as we did not seem to mesh on a personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Typical stuff about what is your weakness and what are you trying to do about it   View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in July 2014.

Interview process took 4 weeks
    1st round : HR Telephonic Interview ..Last for 30 minutes HR will go through you resume and ask question related to your prior experience.

2nd Round: Technical Telephonic Interview.. Last for 30 minutes : SQL related question Inner join,Views, Index, How will you test an I-Phone, Diff between Black box and White box.

3rd Round : HR will send you a case study and you have to devise test cases and send them back in email.

4th round : Onsite Panel Interview: Ask to give intro, question on Scrum process, Define oops concept with example,Questions related to test cases which you might had submitted before appearing for interview, Write a program to find duplicate values in a table in any preferred language, ask to solve a probability question related to whose chances for winning are more between odd/even participants.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in June 2014.

After applying on online. I got a call from HR Regarding the position of software Engineer and to setup a phone interview. All the interview was bout resume and technologies which they want the candidate to know.

Customer Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in June 2014.

The interview was the most unconventional interview I've experienced, and the behavior of some of the participants was not only unexpected but utterly lacking in professionalism. Some of these people had a chip on their shoulder from the onset. Questions were ad-hoc, generated on the spot, showing little depth and exploration of what I might bring to the table. Instead, the interview was riddled with potshots against me, my character, my integrity, you name it. It seemed clear that at least two of the six people had already made their mind against me, and used the time to berate and belittle me.

Some key areas of concern that were verbalized to me were as follows:
    -Because I said I knew about Reddwerks where it was stated that no other candidate had known about the organization prior to applying, I was told that was a good 'sales pitch;' my interpretation was the implication that I was not being honest.
    -I was candidly called a 'jobhopper' and a 'flight risk.' I have held a handful of roles in the last ten years (ne lasting 5 yrs), but never has it been stated so tactlessly. Way to win me over!
    -I was asked to explain from end-to-end what Reddwerks does simply because I mentioned seeing Reddwerks in the Austin Business Journal. What non-employee would know from end-to-end what the company does? Their website doesn't do a particularly good job of describing from end-to-end what they do, so the question is that much more difficult for a non-employee to answer.
    -I was told that I was clearly overqualified, and why would I want to go back into the foxhole? If I were overqualified, why were they wasting their time and mine by bringing me in?
    -I was told that I was 'weak' in answering the tech screen questions, so no additional technical questions would not be asked, despite having been told by the recruiter previously that I had done well answering the questions.

The manner in which these statements were made caused me to be uncomfortable, and I would hope that the individuals responsible for interviewing--particularly those at the VP level--would be given HR coaching on effective interviewing techniques. It was further distressing that the Director of HR was in attendance during the interview and showed no indication of redirecting/rephrasing questions to be more suitable. (Look him up, he appears to have no previous HR experience -- another red flag).

I cannot possibly imagine a world where I would *choose* to work with people like this. If this is the pre-employment experience, what must the employment experience be like? Looks like all the reviews about the culture and environment are still spot on, despite the 'interim CEO' change. I'm neither angry nor bitter---so much better to know before going to work at a place like this.

Don't. Don't even consider this place.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in May 2014.

I got a call to setup an initial phone interview with HR. The interview was easy, they just asked basic accounting questions like have you had experience with recording revenue, and dealing with balance sheets.

I then got a call to setup an in-person panel interview. First, HR scheduled the interview, and then said that one of the mangers would be out of town so they had to reschedule. I didn't hear from them for 2 days, so I emailed them. HR told me that they decided to move forward.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in May 2014.

very nice recuriter was very informative was easy to reach and talk with. Interview with whole panel was okay. They had a very specific idea for who they wanted

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember difficult question. Seem to be looking for a very specific person and I just didn't fit. Seemed to want someone to walk in and do the job no interest in training on systems   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation.

HR interview, Tech interview, onsite interview

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation.

The number and type of interviews varies, but I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was conducted by HR and was nontechnical, while the in person was conducted by a panel of OR employees. I was asked a few "brain teaser" type questions about sorting, a few high-level programming questions, and some general simulation questions.

Interview Questions
    • One of the on the spot brain teaser sorting questions was difficult, but it didn't seem like it was required that I solve it right then and there. It was more a matter of how I thought through the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation.

1 Phone Interview + Programming Exercise. They use online programming websites for the exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Coding exercise has questions with increasing level of difficulty. The exercise needs to be completed in about 60 minutes. You need the copy the programs in different files and submit those files to the recruiter.

Questions:
      1) Average of all nodes in a tree.
      2) Remove all duplicates from the original array. Retain the order of the elements and always retain the first occurrence of the duplicate elements.
      3) Check for Palindrome.
      4) Question on Tower of Hanoi.

View Answer