Reddwerks Corporation

Reddwerks Corporation Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in December 2012.

First round is standard HR go over the resume stuff, nothing tricky. Second round is technical. There was whiteboard coding. A group panel style, which I like more than one-on-one because if someone is not being clear, then another perspective can be sought out.

1. Object Orient Design of a warehouse with x number of shelves, each shelf is y unit wide, and there are a,b,c,d type of boxes (with varied size of units)

2. Tree traversal, better know recursion.

3. Java method for whether a given int is prime number (brute force is fine, didn't go into efficiency)

Surprised that there wasn't any SQL questions.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing hard. I was expecting more of a design level questions (patterns)   Answer Question

I asked what was the worst part of your job and the manager respond with 'telling my dev to stay late and work weekends'... wow.

Other Interview Reviews for Reddwerks Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation in September 2011.

My interview process was very unusual for this company. I was asked at 10am if I could meet for a 4p interview the same day. I was first asked to sit in on a Web Design review meeting, then had a 1 hour interview with the Vice President of Software. That was a whiteboard problem solving and personality interview, with one difficult problem. I was then asked to sit with one Senior Software Engineer for >1 hour of whiteboard coding. Apparently they liked what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • Given the current room was filled with golfballs, would you accept $2000 to remove them all over a weekend without destroying the room?   Answer Question
    They suggested that they wanted me the next day and they accepted the first salary proposal with no balking. I accepted the offer with no haggling. We had to do some negotiation around technology created in my personal time, but that worked out easily over a few days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reddwerks Corporation.

I applied this position through college and was informed to have an phone interview with the recruiter. The first interview is nothing but some resume questions and background. Then I was notified to take a second round phone interview with one of their software developer. I was asked to code with IDE. I didn't get the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Print out a 2 dimensional array of objects in spiral order.
      For example:
      1 2 3
      4 5 6
      7 8 9
      Print out this in the order of 1 2 3 6 9 8 7 4 5.
        View Answer