Reddy Ice

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Driver Interview

Driver

I applied online - interviewed at Reddy Ice in August 2012.

Interview Details – do not even think of looking at this company the worst in oklahoma city

Interview Question – what can you bring to company   View Answer

Driver Interview

Driver

Interviewed at Reddy Ice

Interview Details – What process. Took a drug test and was hired. Interview might as well been from my 6 year old. Do not work for this company. They have no loyalty. Could care less about your family and well being. Do not work for them. Bill Corbin only cares about himself. This company sells ice. Ice sales hit high during summer and die during winter.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Reddy Ice in June 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived 10 minutes early and was told my interview was 40 minutes later and asked "Why are you here now? You're not supposed to be here yet." Once it was verified I was onl time, then I was told they weren't ready for me and I'd have to wait.

This wasn't the receptionist as she was polite.

The person who entered the lobby wanting to know why I was there so early (I was on time.) didn't apologize for her error in the interivew time. She proceeded to take me into her office to interview, only giving a first name and not a title and she wasn't the person I was to interview with. She did state the hiring manager wanted to interview me first ", but she was "going to interview me first since she had me and the hiring manager could get the second half hour."

This individual took the entire interivew time and told me there would be no time left for the hiring manager to do more than say hello becuse she had a phone conference in five minutes.

I had less than five minutes with the hiring manager. The first person was hostile, combative, and rude, wanting to argue every response given to questions. I would never entertain a position with this company!

The process was labeled on this site as "difficult" only because I was either told "That's not possible." or "Why don't you give me a direct answer?" with every answered question. The interviewer lacked the broad background I have in recruitment and the diversity because every response was challenged.

Interview Question – How do you handle arriving to the office to find you have many things to do at one time and all must be done at the same time?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Reddy Ice in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and attached a copy of my resume. I received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview. I did the phone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 30 minutes. The basic screening questions were asked and a few job related questions were asked that revealed by experience. About a week later I was asked to come to the corporate office an meet with the VP. I met with the VP in person for an interview that let's say went "not very well at all" (a very telling sign for me). A couple of days later, I received an email to inform me they had selected someone else who was a "better match" for the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about your busiest day   View Answers (2)

Market Sales Manager Interview

Market Sales Manager
Summerville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reddy Ice in July 2009.

Interview Details – I initially mailed my resume to Reddy Ice while searching for a job in 2009. Once they received it, I got a phone call from a manager. A few weeks later I spoke to another manager. Then I spoke to the Regional Sales Manager. About 1 month went by and I was finally interviewed over the phone by the VP of Sales. It was another month after that, that I received an offer.

Interview Question – Who was the most difficult manager to work for?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Reddy Ice in January 2009.

Interview Details – There were several phone callas and emails - I drove up to Dallas from Austin for a one on one and group interview. Heard nothing back for MONTHS and then they called and asked if I was interested in an Oklahoma position? Already had another job.

Interview Question – Am I open to lots of travel?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Reddy Ice in September 2010.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview and then in person interview and the more phone interviews. A back ground check then 30 days late the offer

Worked for Reddy Ice? Contribute to the Community!