Redfin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Agent Interview

Field Agent
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Redfin in January 2011.

Interview Details – You will meet with many members 3 of the Redfin local team. Market Manager, Lead FA, and Team Lead.
They ask you the normal team questions, when have you gone out of your way for people.

Interview Question – When did you go over the top for a client and how?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, 50, 75 or 100$ per task. aka single home tour, multi home tour or inspection.

Field Agent Interview

Field Agent
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Redfin in May 2010.

Interview Details – For a company I deeply admire, I was very disappointed in the actual interview process; I blew the interview (I lacked relevant experience and also interview experience), and at the same time the process was significantly flawed in my view).

The interview was 1:1 x 3 meaning 3 people interviewed me in a row and one on one totally about 60 minutes (rough estimate). RedFin complains daily about how they can't hire fast enough, and I can see why. Their hiring process is horribly flawed. The first woman seemed uncomfortable with the process (the company outsourced to some weird consultant company); she said "okay, I'll ask you the questions, then you answer the questions in the following format: each answer must have a beginning, a middle, and and end. She said she thinks it's weird but that it's what we had to do. I felt like I was not in good hands. As I answered, if she couldn't write her notes fast enough or whatever, she'd say "but what was the middle again?" or something silly like that. I was off to a bad start, and I bombed the interview in my opinion. I think the interview was difficult because of the format (this weird instruction to answer all questions with a "beginning, middle, and end" and also because the one interviewer wanted to talk more than ask questions, which is not comfortable for me as an interviewee). I hope this helps. Good luck.

Interview Question – Tell a story with a
beginning, middle, and an end about how you demonstrated leadership in a group.
  Answer Question

Worked for Redfin? Contribute to the Community!