Redfin

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Redfin.

Smooth process, very well structured, great experience with all interviewers from upper management to associates. They were very professional and friendly, definitely an atmosphere you want to be part of !!

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between agents in other company and Redfin agents ?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Sourcing Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Redfin.

redfin is very particular in what type of person they bring onto their team, so they asked me mainly behavioral questions, such as "tell us a time you went above and beyond for a customer" and etc. i was submitted through a staffing agency and my recruiter kept saying "they want to hear a story, paint them a story." they also like to hear facts and stats about their company. i answered all questions in detail, but the recruiter i spoke to seemed very disinterested and unamused.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Redfin.

Spoke to a recruiter at career fair. Got a call.

They ask you to point out how their website can be improved. They asked me how I would improve UI. It was a Skype call and the interviewer did not seem disappointed. However, I guess I did not answer well. Strangely they called up to tell I am not selected *sigh*

Associate Agent Interview

Had a phone interview with corporate office in Seattle. Once finished, followed up with an in person interview in local office with three staff members a week later. Communication was great during the process and after. Interview questions mostly revolved around problem solving and pleasing customers. Seems like everyone truly buys in to company core values and pleasing customers and changing the way real estate is transferred.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go above and beyond in pleasing a customer in a unique or interesting way?   Answer Question
    Contract position.

Senior Agent Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter Maggie who had an extremely bad attitude , overall I don't recommend this company , their pay structure is terrible they will pay an agent a small salary and a small bonus and keep all the commission and base their structure on previous customers rating agents . You will be running around like chicken without a head for pennies

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite app? What qualities would you want in a realtor   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Redfin.

I submitted an online application. Initially did not receive a response, but a few weeks later was contacted to do a technical interview over Skype. Interview was very typical - some questions about my interests and experience plus one coding question. Worked through the question over a Google doc and then was asked to discuss runtime and some test cases.

Interview Questions
    • Coding question was about finding combinations of a string.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Redfin in November 2014.

Former coworker referred me to HR for an interview. Chatted with a recruiter on the phone about what I was looking for and which teams I would be interested in. Got invited to come into the office for a "phone screen" with an engineer which included a quick tour of the office as well.

That was followed up with a full loop on site which consisted of 5 interviews and lunch. 3 of the interviews were standard coding questions, 1 code review style question, and 1 product design question.

After about a week later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What feature would you like to change or add to the website? How would you design it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Redfin.

There was a Skype interview that lasted for around an hour. There were a couple behavioral questions and then she went into a coding problem. It was pretty easy but it took me a long time to figure out my simple bug. I think that killed my chances. Interviewer was really cool and overall the process is smooth.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Redfin.

Applied online and then got a phone interview where a pretty basic CS question was asked. That was followed up by a round of on-site interviews (3-4) in which the questions were definitely more challenging. Overall a great experience

Associate Agent Interview

After initial phone interview, I was invited for an in person interview with the area manager. There was scheduling issues which led to a delay in arranging the in-person interview. Once everything was scheduled, it was a quick process from interview to job offer- took about a week to hear back. Over all very efficient and excellent communication through the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time you had to tell your employer "no"?   View Answer
    Associate Agents are contracted. Make sure you mention if you're interested in possibly full time salary agent position if one opens up. I was told they primarily fill those positions through promotion of current AA's.