Reed Business Information US

www.reedbusiness.com

Reed Business Information US Interview Questions

3.4

Website Manager Interview

Telephone screening, one in-person interview with several staff members, one at a time. There was a meet-and-greet with each person on the team on the day of the interview.

Interview Questions
    Their first offer was low, but after discussions they were able to meet my expectations. I felt respected during the process.

National Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reed Business Information US.

Nothing out of the ordinary, except that HR is very incompetent. Must take two assessment tests.

salary non negotiable, however a starting bonus was offered

Sales/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reed Business Information US in December 2011.

Recruiter numerous calls before setting up anything
    Phone and in person w recruiter
    Phone and then phone/we ex interview
    In person interview w 3 individuals
    Various testing requirements
    Final in person interview and offer

Interview Questions
    • None basic interview just many of them
      Asked for a PowerPoint and demo of product for second interview using WebEx
        View Answer
    Cut and dry no negotiation on salary gave small gtd bonus

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reed Business Information US in June 2010.

Met with the marketing director and it was the usual set of interview questions regarding experience and qualification, awareness of what the position entails, what I could bring to the job, etc. She was very personable and professional and it didn't feel like an interrogation or anything, mostly a free-flowing discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself down the line, not necessarily in regards to this position?   Answer Question

Regional Advertising Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reed Business Information US in May 2010.

Personal phone interview then psychological exam then in person review of exam - Personal interview with Division Manager then reinterview with HR then interview with original Boss - Phone call to discuss salary - less than one week later I accepted the position

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you - Will you take our psychological exam   View Answer
    Very straight forward -Negotiable base plus commission -bonus

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reed Business Information US in March 2009.

In march I received an email from Reed Construction Data ( A Reed Business Company) expressing interest in my qualifications and that they would like to set up an interview. I had two 45 minutes phone interview with the HR Manager and the Director of QA. Both interviews went very well and I was invited to come in for several face to face interviews. On the day of the interview, I arrived 30 minutes early so I had time to settle in. My first interview was with the Senior Project Manager, I fielded a host of questions all of which I answered to the best of my ability. The interview lasted an hour. On my second interview, I met with two members of the QA team and again fielded their questions again to which I answered to the best of my abilities. Next, I met with the Senior Software Developer. He went on to explain the product and the day to day development activities. I then fielded his questions again to which I answered to the best of my abilities. Three and a half hour later I was not meeting with the Director. Once again I fielded questions and answered to the best of my abilities. After four hours the intense interviewing process was finally over however, before I walked out the door I had to once again meet with the HR manager for another mini interview after which I was then told I would be contacted the following week.

On Tuesday of the following I was contacted once again by Reed and told that I should come in for another series of interviews. Upon my arrival I met with the HR Manager to go over benefit information ect. I was told I am the last man standing and I was there to interview twith he mighty VP, the Director once again and another Development Manager. Two hours later the interviews were finally over and I was told I would again be contacted the following week. I walked out of that office very confident because they had thrown everything at me including the kitchen sink and on each occasion I had done similar or much larger projects.

The following week arrived and it was now Wednesday and I still was not contacted by Reed so, I sent them an email with the read receipt turned on so I will be informed by the email server when my email was open and read. My email was read but not reaponded to. Two days later I recieved a call from the HR Manager... This was what she said " They have done my background checks and my back ground was impeccable however, I am a very structured individual coming from a very structured company and their company is not at the level I am so they are going to pursue other candidates" After picking up my lower mandible( Jaw bone) off the floor I said thank you for your time and send them all a thank you email.

Now, with that said... I have never heard of or seen any thing like this. The goal of any company is to hire the best and the brightest... Unfortunately, Reed Data Construction choose to pass on me as a candidate because I did not FIT(read between the lines) the mold of the individual Senior management wanted in such a high profile position so they threw the HR Manager under the bus who basically had to come back and tell me the bad news after she gave me the heads up that I was in and I ihad mpressed all who I had met...

And everyone is wonder why wall street crashed and so many other businesses are failing... There are plenty of smart capable folks aout there that are being shut out for what ever reason but at the endo of the day we are only hurting the gorwth and prosperity of the country. The position is still open by the way but at the end of the day iam glad this happen because the signs indicated that it was not would not be a good place for me to work.

So, 11 interviews totalling 8hrs and an overall duration of 2 plus weeks... I was extremely disappointed by Reed Data Construction(Reed Business) The only positive was their interview process made me even a better interviewee...

Interview Questions
    • Standard QA questions that covered the over all SDLC methodology   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reed Business Information US in October 2009.

day one, 2 interviewers