Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

E-Sales Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter by this position. I expressed interest, and was interviewed by 3 separate people at separate times. They were all very nice, and welcoming. After joining the team was friendly and the manager was friendly. Consider yourself blessed if you get in. They have a kitchen with unlimited coffee, tea, 2 microwaves, fridge, and a water station. Nice place to sit and have lunch. Plus really good perks. It's a nice corporate company to work for. The location is great, and very convenient for commute and various eateries.

Email Marketing Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

A couple interviews. Nothing special.

Wasn't able to negotiate. Contract job.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in January 2013.

Applied online, significantly overqualified for the position but I assumed there might be opportunities for growth. The interview itself was simple and straightforward-- until they offered me the job on the spot but then never followed up afterwards? Definitely a bizarre experience, this office at least seems a bit disorganized/out of it. I wouldn't have wanted the job given the lacking professionalism-- not that I ever saw a real offer from HR! Two months later, the position is still listed on their website as unfilled and my application is "Under review."

Interview Questions
    • Who was your favorite supervisor and who was your least favorite?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Several intereviews with different C-levels and other senior managers in the team. Overall discussions were relaxed and friendly. A bit slow in the offer but it was worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a success you had in your last job.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy because they offered exactly what I asked for.

Chief Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in May 2012.

They found me and reached out via retained search / recruiter who made live contact. They screened me on the phone (one person) and decided to fly me to Dayton, OH for a full day of 1:1 interviews -- nine-in-a-row with a break for lunch (still an interview). Each person asked very good questions that probed my skills and revealed something about the company. They also left ample time for my questions and answered them fully. Well done.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given a greenfield to address our current state content systems, what steps would you take and what would the end state look like?   View Answer
    Their first offer was WAY above my expectations! I jumped at it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in December 2010.

Was simple and easy.

Quality Assurance Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in September 2009.

Short phone interview with manager and one employee.

Vice President, Editorial Production Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in September 2009.

The interview was conducted over the telephone over one hour. I was in US and interviewer was in UK. I was asked a series of questions and provided examples. It was really straight-forward. Most of the executive level positions are promotions from within, and I had recently left a similar position with Elsevier. Endorsements from current high-level employees go a long way but the main things that they look for are innovative initiatives and a person's willingness to relocate throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel this is the right title for the position?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in May 2009.

the interview process was very direct and a very positive experience. process was not dragged out at all. it was a very relaxed process. Everyone was very genuine and answered all of my questions. I would recommend my friends to interview with Reed Elsevier.

N/A

Website Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in April 2008.

HR said they'd been hoping I would apply for the position and scheduled a series of extremely positive interviews with a VP, several Directors, some operations people and an outside consultant. But in the end they decided to "move in a different direction" and hired someone without a JD.

Interview Questions
    • What is your personal vision on how an online community should be built?   Answer Question

Worked for Reed Elsevier Group? Contribute to the Community!