Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.7

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Straight Forward. You do a LOT of interviewing before actually being offered the position. They also force you go through a battery of aptitude test, which I don't believe determines how well an employee will perform on the job, but there it is. The good thing is that anyone with at least a high school education should find no problem with the process or exam.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter who viewed my resume from an online job site. Explained the job position in more detail and set up a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Face to face interview was easy, although the employees seemed a little cold. After the interview I reached out to the recruiter, after my third attempt, received an email stating he did not receive any feedback from the hiring manager, but will reach out for details. Never heard from the recruiter again.

Interview Questions

• Talked about prior experiences and reason I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

Director, IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Interview

Was asked to prepare a detailed, challenging and comprehensive presentation (based on assumptions about the company without any info provided) to showcase my knowledge and experience as well as presentation ability, relationship building skills, managing from the center. Multiple screenings in person and via phone.

Interview Questions

• Name as many benefits as possible that a corporate worker can provide to the business units. With each answer, I was prompted for another value-add.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Production Manager B/B Magazines Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Interview

easy interview- I brought show and tell and knew the hiring manager through friends. The job was laying out several magazines each month and several directories each year- several questions about ad positioning in both directopries and magazines . layout of editorial was also discussed and favorable positioning fro repeat advertisers.

Interview Questions

• Interview with HR was harder- they wanted things like my HS diploma (1971)   Answer Question

Negotiation

they made a reasonable offer- I accepted

E-Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by this position. I expressed interest, and was interviewed by 3 separate people at separate times. They were all very nice, and welcoming. After joining the team was friendly and the manager was friendly. Consider yourself blessed if you get in. They have a kitchen with unlimited coffee, tea, 2 microwaves, fridge, and a water station. Nice place to sit and have lunch. Plus really good perks. It's a nice corporate company to work for. The location is great, and very convenient for commute and various eateries.

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Took about a month. First I received an email from a recruiter about my resume I had sent. Two weeks later I had a phone interview with HR and then the department director and a week after that I interviewed with 5 more people, in person. They were all very friendly and it was a great experience. The offices were nice and everyone seemed happy to be there. I got an offer a week later. *make sure you research the company before your interview.

Email Marketing Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Interview

A couple interviews. Nothing special.

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Contract job.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, significantly overqualified for the position but I assumed there might be opportunities for growth. The interview itself was simple and straightforward-- until they offered me the job on the spot but then never followed up afterwards? Definitely a bizarre experience, this office at least seems a bit disorganized/out of it. I wouldn't have wanted the job given the lacking professionalism-- not that I ever saw a real offer from HR! Two months later, the position is still listed on their website as unfilled and my application is "Under review."

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite supervisor and who was your least favorite?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Several intereviews with different C-levels and other senior managers in the team. Overall discussions were relaxed and friendly. A bit slow in the offer but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a success you had in your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy because they offered exactly what I asked for.

Chief Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Dayton, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

They found me and reached out via retained search / recruiter who made live contact. They screened me on the phone (one person) and decided to fly me to Dayton, OH for a full day of 1:1 interviews -- nine-in-a-row with a break for lunch (still an interview). Each person asked very good questions that probed my skills and revealed something about the company. They also left ample time for my questions and answered them fully. Well done.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a greenfield to address our current state content systems, what steps would you take and what would the end state look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their first offer was WAY above my expectations! I jumped at it.