Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

the interview process was very direct and a very positive experience. process was not dragged out at all. it was a very relaxed process. Everyone was very genuine and answered all of my questions. I would recommend my friends to interview with Reed Elsevier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Website Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in April 2008.

Interview

HR said they'd been hoping I would apply for the position and scheduled a series of extremely positive interviews with a VP, several Directors, some operations people and an outside consultant. But in the end they decided to "move in a different direction" and hired someone without a JD.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal vision on how an online community should be built?   Answer Question

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Burlington, MA) in August 2007.

Interview

The process went fairly smoothly, I had lunch with the hiring manager and then dinner the next day with the VP of the division. Apparently the position was posted, then removed and then posted again at a later date.
    By the time the position was reposted, I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Here's our frontlist and backlist books, can you put together a written strategic plan for our next meeting?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Everyone seemed nice through the process - my only question was...how many people does it take to make a decision? 6 interviews later - I was made an offer. You need to be patient being interviewed by this company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - they clearly had lots of employment relations issues happening - most of the questions weren't technical in nature - but more so on my style. As an example how would I handle situations?   Answer Question

I was interviewing with several companies, and it just came down to the overall impression I had with so many interviews, and also the compensation was better with another offer.

Credit Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in September 2012.

Interview

Position acquired through a job agency, who filled me in on their interview style well. Had two interviews with them, first one was OK but a bit of good cop, bad cop. Second interview with regional credit manager and my would be manager was terrible. They were cruel in the interview even telling me that they had made one person cry before!! Typical interview questions.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They made one offer and were not going to make a higher offer no matter what.

Compensation and Benefits Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in July 2012.

Interview

invite, exams, interviews, Job offer.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in September 2011.

Interview

Initian grammar and math exam, interview, final interview, job offer.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I would advise to bring proof of your previous remuneration.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me after seeing my CV on a jobs website. The company had a detailed position posting (5 pages!) but as each interview went on and the candidate pool shrunk, they seemed less sure about what they wanted in a candidate. This resulted in a long interview process with interviews with more stakeholders than one would expect.

The interviews themselves went very well with friendly, personable interviewers who seemed most interested in background history and less about spot-testing me. The final stage was an essay in which I had 48 hours to explain what I would do in certain situations and why I believed I was the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• The face to face interviews themselves were friendly and "easy'. The difficult part was writing an essay with a hypothetical emergency facing the business - what would I do and advise?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward and open. They offered above market standard.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2011.

Interview

Detailed

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What are your ambitions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fast. Employer did not delay it at any stage. I had to go to their office for my first interview. I had to attempt an editing test and then I was interviewed by a senior manager. Next was the interview with the Director and then the final salary negotiation part. I did not prepare anything special for the interview. What you need is to be very knowledgeable about what your previous job experience has been, and to know about the company (visit the company's website) is always beneficial. The work culture is extremely good, people are professional, yet friendly and the office ambiance is also very good

Interview Questions

• How can I prove that I will be stable in Elsevier for a long time?   Answer Question