Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.8

Chief Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Dayton, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

They found me and reached out via retained search / recruiter who made live contact. They screened me on the phone (one person) and decided to fly me to Dayton, OH for a full day of 1:1 interviews -- nine-in-a-row with a break for lunch (still an interview). Each person asked very good questions that probed my skills and revealed something about the company. They also left ample time for my questions and answered them fully. Well done.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a greenfield to address our current state content systems, what steps would you take and what would the end state look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their first offer was WAY above my expectations! I jumped at it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

Was simple and easy.

Quality Assurance Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Maryland Heights, MO) in September 2009.

Interview

Short phone interview with manager and one employee.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the telephone over one hour. I was in US and interviewer was in UK. I was asked a series of questions and provided examples. It was really straight-forward. Most of the executive level positions are promotions from within, and I had recently left a similar position with Elsevier. Endorsements from current high-level employees go a long way but the main things that they look for are innovative initiatives and a person's willingness to relocate throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel this is the right title for the position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

the interview process was very direct and a very positive experience. process was not dragged out at all. it was a very relaxed process. Everyone was very genuine and answered all of my questions. I would recommend my friends to interview with Reed Elsevier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Website Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in April 2008.

Interview

HR said they'd been hoping I would apply for the position and scheduled a series of extremely positive interviews with a VP, several Directors, some operations people and an outside consultant. But in the end they decided to "move in a different direction" and hired someone without a JD.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal vision on how an online community should be built?   Answer Question

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Burlington, MA) in August 2007.

Interview

The process went fairly smoothly, I had lunch with the hiring manager and then dinner the next day with the VP of the division. Apparently the position was posted, then removed and then posted again at a later date. By the time the position was reposted, I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Here's our frontlist and backlist books, can you put together a written strategic plan for our next meeting?   1 Answer

SQM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had four Rounds though tough managed to get through amazing company .Hr are good . I had VC , Technical, Written and finally Hr . Each room be took a week I had to prepare a lot. Please focus on Communication skills. Any job here , its a mandatory requirement. I am excited to join it gave me a positive experience . I things to remember prepare very well for all rounds be honest and sound confident with your answers.

Interview Questions

• What projects I have done, achievement through them.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a day interview consisting of different group exercises as well as a technical/competency interview. The different exercises included a 5 minute presentation that we performed in front of the other interviewees and interviewers, a problem solving task in groups. The day was pleasant and there was a break at lunch for sandwiches and coffee etc... Very friendly staff and interviewees.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interest in the job? What I found particularly fascinating about technology.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Everyone seemed nice through the process - my only question was...how many people does it take to make a decision? 6 interviews later - I was made an offer. You need to be patient being interviewed by this company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - they clearly had lots of employment relations issues happening - most of the questions weren't technical in nature - but more so on my style. As an example how would I handle situations?   Answer Question

I was interviewing with several companies, and it just came down to the overall impression I had with so many interviews, and also the compensation was better with another offer.