Reed Elsevier Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in August 2007.

The process went fairly smoothly, I had lunch with the hiring manager and then dinner the next day with the VP of the division. Apparently the position was posted, then removed and then posted again at a later date.
    By the time the position was reposted, I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions
    • Here's our frontlist and backlist books, can you put together a written strategic plan for our next meeting?   View Answer

Compensation and Benefits Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in July 2012.

invite, exams, interviews, Job offer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group.

Everyone seemed nice through the process - my only question was...how many people does it take to make a decision? 6 interviews later - I was made an offer. You need to be patient being interviewed by this company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary - they clearly had lots of employment relations issues happening - most of the questions weren't technical in nature - but more so on my style. As an example how would I handle situations?   Answer Question

I was interviewing with several companies, and it just came down to the overall impression I had with so many interviews, and also the compensation was better with another offer.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in September 2011.

Initian grammar and math exam, interview, final interview, job offer.

I did not negotiate. I would advise to bring proof of your previous remuneration.

Editor Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in February 2011.

The hiring process was fast. Employer did not delay it at any stage. I had to go to their office for my first interview. I had to attempt an editing test and then I was interviewed by a senior manager. Next was the interview with the Director and then the final salary negotiation part. I did not prepare anything special for the interview. What you need is to be very knowledgeable about what your previous job experience has been, and to know about the company (visit the company's website) is always beneficial. The work culture is extremely good, people are professional, yet friendly and the office ambiance is also very good

Interview Questions
    • How can I prove that I will be stable in Elsevier for a long time?   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in February 2011.

Detailed

Difficult

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in February 2011.

Recruiter called me after seeing my CV on a jobs website. The company had a detailed position posting (5 pages!) but as each interview went on and the candidate pool shrunk, they seemed less sure about what they wanted in a candidate. This resulted in a long interview process with interviews with more stakeholders than one would expect.

The interviews themselves went very well with friendly, personable interviewers who seemed most interested in background history and less about spot-testing me. The final stage was an essay in which I had 48 hours to explain what I would do in certain situations and why I believed I was the best candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The face to face interviews themselves were friendly and "easy'. The difficult part was writing an essay with a hypothetical emergency facing the business - what would I do and advise?   Answer Question
    Very straightforward and open. They offered above market standard.

Consulting Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in January 2009.

An information meeting and discussion was held to discuss the scope and depth of my experience and its relevance to the position. Also inquired about how my past experience was pertinent to the position and how I can add value to the organization.

Interview Questions
    • How is your past experience relevant to this position.   Answer Question

Experience with the company not good.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in November 2009.

Interviewed with hiring manager, 2 HR reps and 5 business directors

Interview Questions
    • How did you manage a conflict? Describe a situation where you managed a conflict with your supervisor or team members?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Reed Elsevier Group in May 2010.

The interview included information about the job responsibilities and expectations.
    The interview consisted of formal and standard questions instead of conversational approach.
    Recommend practicing answers to standard interview questions.
    The work environment appeared quiet and open.