Reed Smith Interview Questions

2.7

Human Resources/Legal Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reed Smith in June 2014.

I was referred to this position from a current partner of the firm and the process was very quick. I received a phone call the next morning after applying and it seemed to be a casual conversation about my qualifications, but I imagine it was their way of "screening" me. I interviewed in person about a week later in their NY office. I met with two members of the HR staff. Both were very warm and welcoming. They could tell I was nervous and a bit intimidated and they really helped me to relax. The interview was not difficult, they didn't ask many situational or typical interview questions- they seemed to focus on how my resume and experiences would line up with the job duties- which made the interview feel more like a comfortable conversation rather than a difficult interview. I certainly walked away from this experience with a highly positive impression of the firm.

Records Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reed Smith in June 2013.

First there was a phone interview which only lasted 30 minutes, the questions were very basic and simple. Then i had an interview in person i which they just asked about my previous experience, very simple questions as well.

No negotiation

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith in March 2013.

First contacted by the head paralegal of the group and had initial interview with her. A few days later had another interview with the attorneys.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith in September 2010.

Phone interview, then in person interview with HR and Senior Manager. Prove it test for Microsoft a office.

None, it was accept the offer or not.

Document & Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith in January 2009.

I was interviewed first by Human Resources. I believe a short phone interview was first, followed by an in person interview with the Human Resouces Manager and my future direct Manager. Before an offer was made I was taken out to lunch by my future direct manager. After this lunch interview, I was given a phone call by Human Resources offering me the position and salary level. Once I accepted the position, I was mailed an acceptance letter that I signed and returned to the Human Resources Department. Overall, it was a pretty pleasant experience. The lunch interview was a very nice touch!

Being that it was an entry-level position, there was not much negotiating taking place. The U.S. economy was pretty much in the crapper at this point as well, so I thought it was smart to take what I could get.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reed Smith in August 2008.

Was contacted via phone to set up an in-person interview. Met with Marketing Associate and HR Manager. They described more about what they were looking for in an individual rather than asking about what my skills and previous experience were. Never received a call back, but withdrew candidacy b/c of another job offer.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Reed Smith.

Submitted resume through a friend at the firm, who passed it up to HR. Had to follow-up with friend/HR and then eventually got an interview. Met with 7 more partners before receiving offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really surprising. Partners just genuinely wanted to get to know me and have me explain my experience.   Answer Question