Reed Smith Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reed Smith.

Interview

Went through On Campus Interview process and had a good experience with the two attorneys present. Then, I received a call-back and met with several more attorneys at their NYC office.

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reed Smith (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I initially interviewed in person with one attorney who supervised the team. Later, I interviewed with a different attorney who supervised the team as well as a partner. The partner seemed pretty blasé about the whole thing. I think what they cared about most was finding someone who would stick around.

Human Resources/Legal Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reed Smith (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred to this position from a current partner of the firm and the process was very quick. I received a phone call the next morning after applying and it seemed to be a casual conversation about my qualifications, but I imagine it was their way of "screening" me. I interviewed in person about a week later in their NY office. I met with two members of the HR staff. Both were very warm and welcoming. They could tell I was nervous and a bit intimidated and they really helped me to relax. The interview was not difficult, they didn't ask many situational or typical interview questions- they seemed to focus on how my resume and experiences would line up with the job duties- which made the interview feel more like a comfortable conversation rather than a difficult interview. I certainly walked away from this experience with a highly positive impression of the firm.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

This was a two step process. At first I had an interview with HR to go over job requirements and review past experiences and employment. Then another interview was scheduled. The second one was split into two. First I met with the supervisor who would oversee me at the workplace. Since this company is global, the second half of the interview consisted of me videochatting a supervisor from another country. This person was the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• How do you think this internship will benefit your career and why are you applying for it?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reed Smith (Falls Church, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was painless. I had a phone interview first with a recruiter and she then scheduled me in for an in person interview onsite. The interview lasted about an hour.

Records Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reed Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview which only lasted 30 minutes, the questions were very basic and simple. Then i had an interview in person i which they just asked about my previous experience, very simple questions as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

First contacted by the head paralegal of the group and had initial interview with her. A few days later had another interview with the attorneys.

Interview Questions

• What credentials do you have that qualifies you for this job?   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was relatively easy. I was interviewed on 2 different occasions prior to my offer. I first had an interview with the paralegal supervisor and manager. I then moved on (on the same day) to the attorneys in the group. They brought me back on the 2nd day to meet with the managing partner for the group.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview with HR and Senior Manager. Prove it test for Microsoft a office.

Negotiation

None, it was accept the offer or not.

Document & Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Reed Smith (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed first by Human Resources. I believe a short phone interview was first, followed by an in person interview with the Human Resouces Manager and my future direct Manager. Before an offer was made I was taken out to lunch by my future direct manager. After this lunch interview, I was given a phone call by Human Resources offering me the position and salary level. Once I accepted the position, I was mailed an acceptance letter that I signed and returned to the Human Resources Department. Overall, it was a pretty pleasant experience. The lunch interview was a very nice touch!

Negotiation

Being that it was an entry-level position, there was not much negotiating taking place. The U.S. economy was pretty much in the crapper at this point as well, so I thought it was smart to take what I could get.