Reed UK

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

3.5

Trainee SQL Server Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Went for an assessment morning for a job to work for them. They quickly declined my application by claiming I was not enthusiastic about the job and was nervous! This is simply an elementary logical fallacy. You don't have to extrovertedly SHOW enthusiasm about a role in order to BE enthusiastic about the role. Hence, by not SHOWING enthusiasm, it doesn't follow that a person is not enthusiastic. Moreover, being nervous is unavoidable and I was probably not the only one that was nervous! So, for them to judge me in such a short space of time by claiming that I was not enthusiastic is patently fallacious. Unlike other potential candidates, I actually have had YEARS of experience in the skills they are are looking for and constantly utilise such skills EVERY DAY. Doesn't that show enough enthusiasm to them?

Recruitment Resourcer Summer Undergraduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reed UK in March 2014.

Initial application and online testing, which was fairly standard. After this I was emailed to arrange a telephone interview. I had read how hard this was, so wasn't too surprised that it was. It was mainly made up of competency based questions, but each one I was being pushed to say more and more, to the point where I had no more no say.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be your day to day jobs as a resourcer?   Answer Question