Reel FX

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Reel FX

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reel FX.

I've heard the process can be long and drawn out but that wasn't my experience. I sent over my resume, had an interview the next day and was offered the job that afternoon. The Artist Manager was in the room as well as the Show Producer. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was asked about my willingness to work late hours but they did ensure me that it was more of a family focused company and that they try to allow employees to have a life and not work themselves to death. I was given a tour of the facility after the interview which was my cue that I had the job (but isn't always the case).

Interview Questions
  • What is my favorite animated movie? It was only difficult since I had come from a live-action background and never really cared for animation.   Answer Question
They weren't that willing to negotiate, but I was coming in as a PA. I asked for more and I ended up with a 10% increase from the initial offer. I have heard that the higher ups (Editors, Line Producers, Animation Leads) can pretty much name their price and get it.

Other Interview Reviews for Reel FX

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Reel FX in March 2011.

The process was very strange. I met with a senior producer for 5 minutes before she sent me off to meet several other unprepared individuals. They seemed unaware that I was coming and had nothing to ask me. I found myself asking each of them the same questions I had written down. The interviewee never followed up with me even after I called and emailed for an update to my disappointment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Reel FX in January 2011.

I was called by the Artist Manager only a few weeks after applying online. I was asked to come in for an interview on a weekday morning. I met with 3 individuals (producers) from various projects currently in production. They asked general questions about my previous work experience and my experience/interest in animation. It's a very laid back environment. I was over-dressed with a tie. Pants and a button-up would do fine.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate but I know that they do negotiate with incoming employees, even bottom of the ladder, entry-level positions. It's good to negotiate for a higher rate as this is a company established in the commercial industry, and under-bidding is common.