Regal Beloit Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Moderate interview. Typical interview questions about history and behavioral approach used. Several steps in the interview process. Interviewed with recruiter, HR, hiring manager. Meet and greet with other workers in addition.

Inside Technical Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Regal Beloit (Grafton, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Extensive interview. Started with phone interview with recruiter, then in person interview with four person team. Everything went great. The team liked me and my qualifications. I received an email from the recruiter asking for three references. I gave the references and went above and beyond because her email was not working properly to get them to her. I asked her what the next step would be and she stated that the next step was that I would receive an offer. Great! not quite, over one month after I gave my references and almost a month after they were called, after many excuses as to why this process was taking so long I was told that upper management decided that they wanted someone with a Bachelors degree in engineering even though the manager of the department does not have a BS in engineering and the listing for the position did not require it! The fact that they waited a month AFTER calling my references to give me the "thanks but no thanks" call I feel was very unprofessional.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Regal Beloit in August 2014.

Interview

Very pleasant review with recruiter, seemed positive and was told I should hear about follow-on review within 1 week. After first week, I started attempting to contact (email, phone) over the next month. Finally was informed they had picked someone else.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions on initial review, just overall work information   Answer Question

Power Electronics Engineer Interview

Interview

interviewed with 3 people

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Regal Beloit in April 2014.

Interview

Interview was fairly poorly handled. Interview team had me wait 45 minutes to start, team was not prepared for the interview and it seemed like they were doing it as a courtesy.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what I didn't like about a previous place of employment, like they were digging for dirt.   Answer Question

Could not trust my career to this company.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with the basic HR questions like what are your weaknesses. The next step was an all day interview on campus. This interview consisted of an HR interview which was non-technical. Then it consisted of an engineering interview with multiple engineering managers. These managers wanted to hear about technical skills.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part of this interview was the HR interview. Having good interpersonal skills is a must.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grafton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Regal Beloit (Grafton, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

There process is very unstructured and non standard.

I was contact via a recruiter to interview with this company. I did my research and looked forward to discussing what their excepted needs were for the position. I was provided a conference call number. This number was incorrect. After scrambling 10 minutes prior to the interview, I finally received the correct information and called in just in time.

The conversation started with NO discussion or pleasantries. We did "name" only introductions, no titles. There was no explanations of the company status or job needs. I was told, we have your resume, please tell us a little about yourself. A very standard question, which is easily answerable in 2-3 minutes tops. I answered and was told, please provide more about where you worked. I continued for 10 mins, without interruption. As I stopped and said was this enough, I was then immediately asked technical ORACLE questions - pertaining to drop down menus. This was asked by an Indian gentleman with a very thick accent. I was asked additional questions, which I was able to answer well. At this point, the Indian guy told the others he was done and leaving. He left, without saying anything. I was asked additional technical questions by the 2 remaining guys. After 30mins, they were finished.

I then asked for more information about this company and position - what facilities would be involved. It took them 10 more minutes to explain about their company. Such as they are utilizing LEAN Six Sigma and most people are certified as Green Belts.

All in all, it was the worst interviewing experience of my career. (This included an interview with an Artificial Heart Manufacturer, where I had to stop the interview with the Dr and say, "Listen it's ok if we do not make a connection here. My goals differ from what your needs are clearly. Thank you for the interview."

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding drop down menus in Oracle. Something that was difficult to remember right off the top of your head.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Regal Beloit (Beloit, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

I interviewed in July 2013. The position I interviewed for was an entry level automation engineering position. The interview process was in three steps. There were two phone interviews and one in person interview with an HR director and an engineering director. The first phone interview was with a recruiting agency. It appears that they outsource their hiring entirely because I did not apply through a contract company. During the entire process I had no ability to contact any actual Beloit personnel. I only was given the phone number of the recruiting company, and it wasn't until my in person interview was over that I received their actual contact information. Scheduling interviews was a somewhat tedious process because the recruiter would have to get my availability, then check with the company's availability, then finally get back to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you redesign your former employer's factory to reduce the workforce by 20%?   Answer Question

Engineering and Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Regal Beloit (Beloit, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Standard - HR and phone screens. Once day interview process with multiple managers, receive a verbal intent to offer immediatly. However it then took about 3 weeks to hear back from hiring professional.

Interview Questions

• Explain where you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

Verbal offer happened quickly however it took some time to get written offer. Expectations were identified by both sides early so negotiations were mute.

IT ERP Analyst, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grafton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Regal Beloit (Grafton, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

Met on site with HR, very nice HR group. Whole process was smooth, got a response fairly quickly. Met with manager and his director, pretty informal interview.

Interview Questions

• my Interview was pretty technical - was over 5 years ago i dont remember specific questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not have to negotiate much, I forgot to include more vacation time, that was my fault..