Regal Beloit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Regal Beloit in August 2014.

Very pleasant review with recruiter, seemed positive and was told I should hear about follow-on review within 1 week. After first week, I started attempting to contact (email, phone) over the next month. Finally was informed they had picked someone else.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions on initial review, just overall work information   Answer Question

Manufacturing Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Regal Beloit in April 2014.

Interview was fairly poorly handled. Interview team had me wait 45 minutes to start, team was not prepared for the interview and it seemed like they were doing it as a courtesy.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know what I didn't like about a previous place of employment, like they were digging for dirt.   Answer Question

Could not trust my career to this company.

Engineering and Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beloit, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Regal Beloit in June 2011.

Standard - HR and phone screens. Once day interview process with multiple managers, receive a verbal intent to offer immediatly. However it then took about 3 weeks to hear back from hiring professional.

Interview Questions
    • Explain where you want to be in 5 years   View Answer
    Verbal offer happened quickly however it took some time to get written offer. Expectations were identified by both sides early so negotiations were mute.

Power Electronics Engineer Interview

interviewed with 3 people

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with the basic HR questions like what are your weaknesses. The next step was an all day interview on campus. This interview consisted of an HR interview which was non-technical. Then it consisted of an engineering interview with multiple engineering managers. These managers wanted to hear about technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part of this interview was the HR interview. Having good interpersonal skills is a must.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beloit, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beloit, WI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Regal Beloit in July 2013.

I interviewed in July 2013. The position I interviewed for was an entry level automation engineering position. The interview process was in three steps. There were two phone interviews and one in person interview with an HR director and an engineering director. The first phone interview was with a recruiting agency. It appears that they outsource their hiring entirely because I did not apply through a contract company. During the entire process I had no ability to contact any actual Beloit personnel. I only was given the phone number of the recruiting company, and it wasn't until my in person interview was over that I received their actual contact information. Scheduling interviews was a somewhat tedious process because the recruiter would have to get my availability, then check with the company's availability, then finally get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you redesign your former employer's factory to reduce the workforce by 20%?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grafton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grafton, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Regal Beloit in July 2013.

There process is very unstructured and non standard.

I was contact via a recruiter to interview with this company. I did my research and looked forward to discussing what their excepted needs were for the position. I was provided a conference call number. This number was incorrect. After scrambling 10 minutes prior to the interview, I finally received the correct information and called in just in time.

The conversation started with NO discussion or pleasantries. We did "name" only introductions, no titles. There was no explanations of the company status or job needs. I was told, we have your resume, please tell us a little about yourself. A very standard question, which is easily answerable in 2-3 minutes tops. I answered and was told, please provide more about where you worked. I continued for 10 mins, without interruption. As I stopped and said was this enough, I was then immediately asked technical ORACLE questions - pertaining to drop down menus. This was asked by an Indian gentleman with a very thick accent. I was asked additional questions, which I was able to answer well. At this point, the Indian guy told the others he was done and leaving. He left, without saying anything. I was asked additional technical questions by the 2 remaining guys. After 30mins, they were finished.

I then asked for more information about this company and position - what facilities would be involved. It took them 10 more minutes to explain about their company. Such as they are utilizing LEAN Six Sigma and most people are certified as Green Belts.

All in all, it was the worst interviewing experience of my career. (This included an interview with an Artificial Heart Manufacturer, where I had to stop the interview with the Dr and say, "Listen it's ok if we do not make a connection here. My goals differ from what your needs are clearly. Thank you for the interview."

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions regarding drop down menus in Oracle. Something that was difficult to remember right off the top of your head.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Regal Beloit in February 2013.

One technical interview ,One HR interview.. Technical interview taken by the project heads and questions revolve mostly on practical approach of a problem.. Moderate diffiiculty.. HR interview is to discuss salary and other formalities

Interview Questions
    • There are some questions regarding Oracle Advanced Pricing..   Answer Question
    HR wil discuss the pay terms, Reasonable pay offer, open for negotiations

Operations Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Regal Beloit in December 2010.

Very pleasant. Everyone I interacted with truly seem very happy.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you are making Stew.....if I (interviewer) are the garlic, what ingredient would you be?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Regal Beloit in September 2008.

I applied online for the manufacturing engineer position.. Got a reply in 3 days & an interview was set up with HR manager.. Followed by a panel interview.. Hr interview was very basic "Tell me about yourself type" the panel interview was all technical & past job related... 3 people were in the panel & asked everything from technical to interpersonal front.. got a offer in 8 days

Interview Questions

Worked for Regal Beloit? Contribute to the Community!